Saints manager: who's next?

blueheaven

Tommy would be the emotional choice, and I think a good one, if he'd want to come back.  He does know many in the squad and I'm sure he would get an instant response. Still think Tommy should be a shoe-in for the Northern Ireland post though. 

Never warmed to Nielson - don't think he can 'bond' a dressing room

The coaches in Ireland might be intriguing.

We have had success there in the past! 

2 hours ago, Aitchy said:

I would be surprised if there was a permanent appointment before the new owners were in place.

Tommy Wright would seem the logical choice to come back until the end of the season, but unsure what his relationship is like with the Browns.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I know that the Browns are close with Craig Levein so he is a possibility to come in on a temporary basis. 

Longer term much will depend on what the new owners strategy for the club. I think that the blueprint set out by Geoff Brown when recruiting Coyle, McInnes and Lomas is still relevant. He stated that he looked for managers who had contacts both in Scotland and England, an understanding of the Scottish leagues and someone who was ambitious and would use Saints as a stepping stone for a bigger club. 

struggling to come up with a name who fits those parameters. you got anyone in mind? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Be interested to know what Swindons situation is, is he struggling with a side that was struggled or as he absolutely ****ed a team that was flying? Genuinely dont have a clue.

When he took over they were 6th now 12th without a win in 12 games (he won his first two games and hasn't won since). His record is: 
W 2
D 4
L 8

47 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

When he took over they were 6th now 12th without a win in 12 games (he won his first two games and hasn't won since). His record is: 
W 2
D 4
L 8

So aye, hes ****ed a good looking team.

I was one who was quite keen to take Morris on as he "fit the bill", but if he struggles to turn around a side that had been playing well then walking into a shitshow side likely wouldn't end well.

37 minutes ago, Nobodyshero said:

What about Kevin Thompson . Seems to fit the bill of young , promising manager , with ambition

He bailed out from Kelty the moment his budget wasn't going to dwarf the rest of the division. I think we'd be best passing on someone like that when we're likely cutting back on spending again.

I've seen Kevin Thomson's name mentioned a couple of times but have to admit I don't know much about the guy. But from what I'm seeing his only previous management job was in League Two, he left after a year and hasn't had a job since? He also spent most of his playing career with a small group of clubs in Scotland (other than a few seasons at Middlebrough) so I'm not sure his wider contacts will be particularly impressive.

If we want to go for a lower league manager, there are loads of them out there with much better CVs. Am I missing something that's drawing people to this guy?

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

McLean was part of the problem. Can't see how he sat back and said nothing if he wasn't in agreement will ALL that went on.

On the other hand, maybe he was voicing disagreement but Callum was over-ruling him? None of us really know how much differently MacLean would want to do things if he's in charge.

Seeing a lot of comments about what Macca is and isn't to blame for, but very little to actually back any of it up. 

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Seeing a lot of comments about what Macca is and isn't to blame for, but very little to actually back any of it up. 

This is it - none of us actually know. It could very well be the case but we’ll find out on Saturday. I’m happy enough to reserve judgement until then.