Hibs v Saints, 23/09/2023

blueheaven

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Would rather see Jephcott in for Carey. Presumably Cammy in to support May but surprised at Smith being dropped

Carey, May and Jephcott pish and in that order of pishness.

If Carey’s place in the team is based on “chances created and “crosses in the box” then A] we need someone in the box, preferably the penalty box and B] just chucking the ball in the box without looking or caring where you’re team mates are 

Dire!!

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

The most toothless St Johnstone side for many a year 

-deeper questions on coaching/manager setup - May solo up front doesnt WORK!!!

-no ownership asperations, can't find a buyer, no shocker there, are they even looking?

- Hibs had 7-8 gold edge chances - should have won by 5 - we had a half poke by consadine, only shot on goal? So even if set-up defensively and midfield improves, where are the goals/3 point ghames coming from?

6 games in, but unless another team collapses, we are in a bad place and horrifyingly close to complete freefall

How long is training nowadays? From the ground breaking all day of Luggy to probably about 10minutes now? Maybe they should have fines if players don't train properly? Or does the whole thing need re-invented Why not just copy a Willie Ormond training session I'm a hypocrite saying that as my fitness regime has fallen away somewhat. I believe Ormond didn't allow balls at training, no matches just PE.. Could absence make the heart grow fonder??

38 minutes ago, jjohndb said:

How long is training nowadays? From the ground breaking all day of Luggy to probably about 10minutes now? Maybe they should have fines if players don't train properly? Or does the whole thing need re-invented Why not just copy a Willie Ormond training session I'm a hypocrite saying that as my fitness regime has fallen away somewhat. I believe Ormond didn't allow balls at training, no matches just PE.. Could absence make the heart grow fonder??

Watched Jephcott during the half time warm up  a couple of games ago where they run across the pitch twice. By the time they finished he was half the width of the pitch behind.

What kind of contract did we give him ?.

Actually thought in terms of having some control of the game we did ok. See a lot of Macpherson stick but thought him, Phillips and Sprangler did ok. Our problem is how easy it is to score against us, and how easy it is to defend against us. We have relegation written all over us. 

48 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Is Macca going to have to swallow his pride and bring back McGowan or is he even training with Saints.

I hope so. I’m not one of those that has a big problem with James Brown, and I think part of it is down to him not being fully fit, but **** me that was an all timer today. If he’s not at it defensively then he’s a waste of a jersey. He’s not a great right back but I’d have McGowan in ahead of both Brown and Olufunwa next week. 

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I hope so. I’m not one of those that has a big problem with James Brown, and I think part of it is down to him not being fully fit, but **** me that was an all timer today. If he’s not at it defensively then he’s a waste of a jersey. He’s not a great right back but I’d have McGowan in ahead of both Brown and Olufunwa next week. 

I was thinking more in centre back position. McClelland is a bit of a bomb scare. Even more than Gordon. Maybe even Olufunwa in centre back position.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I was thinking more in centre back position. McClelland is a bit of a bomb scare. Even more than Gordon. Maybe even Olufunwa in centre back position.

Says everything about the state of the defence at the minute that we’re thinking two different positions…

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Watched Jephcott during the half time warm up  a couple of games ago where they run across the pitch twice. By the time they finished he was half the width of the pitch behind.

What kind of contract did we give him ?.

No obligation to be fit type contract?! I'm sure he is brilliant but needs fitness to progress. Feels like it is not a happy ship all in all.

How did Sprangler go?

If Clark was potentially a chance to play last week according to quotes in the media, why didn’t he play today?

With tactics and team selections this season it’s looking more and more obvious that Macca had plenty of input in the CD massacre of the last two previous seasons.