Celtic V St.Johnstone - Saturday 16th March

SaintJet

45 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

The grim thing for me is how unlikable this team is. I can hand on heart say the only player I’d be sad to say go is Mitov. He’s the only player who demonstrates anything like a St Johnstone player from our successful decade.

What exactly were you expecting today?

celtic were at it from the get go and never gave us minute. Even Packy was saying Celtic were at their best in weeks.

Some “ fans” are desperate for us to be relegated!

8 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

celtic were at it from the get go and never gave us minute. Even Packy was saying Celtic were at their best in weeks.

Keep on happy clapping champ.

I wasn’t expecting anything because I know how gutless this side is. We can at least attempt to score a goal rather than planting 11 men behind the ball against a celtic side that have struggled recently.

I love how people start to question if someone is a fan if they complain about a result. What condescending pish, what qualifies you to decide who is or isn’t a fan? 

22 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Livingston put their shitters up them a week ago and scored twice. We didnt manage a shot on target until 3-1 in the 81st minute.

Celtic played so well because they had nonstop attacking opportunities and there was absolutely no pressure on them at any point. Just players continously backing off.

Accepting shite like that and giving players/managers a pass for it is more likely to result in relegation than saying its not good enough. We've accepted half hearted shite for far too long under this pathetic attitude we can't do any better. 

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

The grim thing for me is how unlikable this team is. I can hand on heart say the only player I’d be sad to say go is Mitov. He’s the only player who demonstrates anything like a St Johnstone player from our successful decade.

Absolutely.

Imagine what would happen to Carey if he tried to speak to Ando, Fraz, Cuptie or Eastie the way he speaks to Robinson or Sprangler.

I really really don’t want St Johnstone to get relegated. I really really dislike the quality, personality and heart of so many players in this current squad.

20 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Absolutely.

Imagine what would happen to Carey if he tried to speak to Ando, Fraz, Cuptie or Eastie the way he speaks to Robinson or Sprangler.

I really really don’t want St Johnstone to get relegated. I really really dislike the quality, personality and heart of so many players in this current squad.

Spot on.

Games like that are never going to be the ones that dictate the season and that's coming from someone who thinks we have got into the habit of standing off the likes of the old firm in recent years, almost going out to limit the scoreline rather than anything else.

This whole season is going to come down to what we do after the break. Relatively speaking Aberdeen have an easier set of games in the next three....but who knows with them. 

Shame to hear Spangler might have injured his knee (hearing CL's post match).

On Carey....I've noticed him having a go at Robinson in particular in the games I have seen....some has seemed a little over the top, having said that, nothing wrong with having standards and calling people out when they dont meet them. In years gone by the likes of Wright and Ando would have been the guys having a go at others.

48 minutes ago, MrBored said:

On Carey....I've noticed him having a go at Robinson in particular in the games I have seen....some has seemed a little over the top, having said that, nothing wrong with having standards and calling people out when they dont meet them. In years gone by the likes of Wright and Ando would have been the guys having a go at others.

If it was about having standards then I wouldn’t have a problem. I would be absolutely delighted if more of our players standards were so high that they could call others out when they fall short. Carey almost caused a goal today because his standards were so low. Standing stamping his feet in a cream puff while Celtic players flooded our box, including the one he should have been marking.

He regularly gives the ball away playing outrageous outside of the foot passes that De Bruyne would struggle with. Don’t even get me started on his obsessing with ‘Rabonas”.

More importantly, he doesn’t scream and berate certain other players who make many more mistakes and have fewer good matches than Robinson and Sprangler. Coward!

Encouragement, desire, and setting standards I can get behind. Lambasting and berating I can’t.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Keep on happy clapping champ.

I wasn’t expecting anything because I know how gutless this side is. We can at least attempt to score a goal rather than planting 11 men behind the ball against a celtic side that have struggled recently.

I love how people start to question if someone is a fan if they complain about a result. What condescending pish, what qualifies you to decide who is or isn’t a fan? 

Get behind the team instead of continually berating them. 
I conclude what a fan is when they go through the mill with their team through thick and thin- your clearly a very young individual with a sense of entitlement.

I assure you attempting to score was very much in the game plan but you’ll learn that when you get to high school.

7 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I conclude what a fan is when they go through the mill with their team through thick and thin- your clearly a very young individual with a sense of entitlement.

I assure you attempting to score was very much in the game plan but you’ll learn that when you get to high school.

Braw.

16 minutes ago, MrBored said:

I dont disagree with you. Carey, I suspect, rarely matches the standards he expects of others. Part of me wonders whether he 'picks' on certain individuals in games.

He only seems to have a go at Robinson who never seems to push back.

16 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I don't think there is anyone on this site that is not behind Saints but that doesn't mean you can't point out how bad your team is whether 9 or 90.

It's even more galling when you see Killie and St Mirren vieing for 4th place with mostly home based players who there is no reason Saints shouldn't be signing.

Celtic looked streaks ahead today of anyone else we have played they were on fire today. They visibly took pedal off when they hit three. We scored a nice goal, thought Keltjens played great, others tried their best, and we did keep it reasonable, some our desperate defending was pretty heroic stuff, we blocked, lunged and had shots off the line.

I just wish old firm would fuk off out of our league, games like this can smash through the brittle teamwork and attempt at confidence we are trying to build. Maybe thats why managers set up 'not to lose', 3-1 versus a 7-0, I dont know. 

One observation was the TV scanned the crowd after the 3rd, someone yawned, others light clapping, some no clapping..... jesus what a life, they live for one matchup.....

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Perhaps if we had a team that could even attempt to LOOK to stop them being at it from the get go and even a defeat would instil confidence in most fans to look ahead to the remaining fixtures . It’s a stale league and a drop would let us rebuild and look to add a freshness on return and perhaps have more bums on these rusted bolted supports of the seats. 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Maybe what a fan is is not being afraid when calling out problems when they’re clear as day instead of burying your head in the sand and accepting what’s on offer like a happy seal. 

Clap, clap, clap.

Just now, The Kinross Saint said:

Maybe what a fan is is not being afraid when calling out problems when they’re clear as day instead of burying your head in the sand and accepting what’s on offer like a happy seal. 

Clap, clap, clap.

The happy seal goes arf arf maybe yours got a Dundee accent 

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Please, please, remind us how bad it was 50 years ago and how thats our level.

The 3rd most successful club in Scotland over the past decade with a turnover of over £12m, and a group of older fans still think we're a part time outfit dreaming of the top flight.

Times change, and you should probably remember the mindset that dragged us out that shiteheap and moved things upwards. It certainly wasn't "what do you expect? We're a wee diddy outfit who are lucky to even share a park with top flight sides".

Edited by RandomGuy

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The 3rd most successful club in Scotland over the past decade with a turnover of over £12m, and a group of older fans still think we're a part time outfit dreaming of the top flight.

Crap - mindset has little to do with it. Yes we've got a turnover of 12m but what is Celtics turnover compared to that. The fact is they can stick millions of pounds worth of players on the bench while we have the likes of Gallacher, Fran, May and a relatively untried non-league player up front. 

FWIW I thought we played too deep today with plenty of effort and good play at times. But that wasn't what let us down - the failure to find a man when playing the ball out coupled with bad luck (Sven's injury disrupted our shape) and individual errors let us down. 

Nobody this week has said that this is a benchmark result for the team - I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought it was a free hit and if we didn't get any points it wasn't that big a deal. The remaining games are what counts and that's what the management need to be judged on.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Times change, and you should probably remember the mindset that dragged us out that shiteheap and moved things upwards. It certainly wasn't "what do you expect? We're a wee diddy outfit who are lucky to even share a park with top flight sides".

Spot on. The fans who play the ‘you don’t know how bad it was’ card seem to genuinely believe those who dragged the club out of its slump were just happy to make up the numbers.