Andy Murray

Finners

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he only got $1m as runner up............

Was disappointed as he looked jaded and a bit like a rabbit in the headlamps of an oncoming car on the court. Maybe nerves played their part but you still cannot take it away from him, fantastic run of tennis.

Played well but he's still a right t***.

I don't really care if he is, as long as he carries the flag for Scotland. Whos says all sportsmen/women have to have charisma anyway? Many people who never win anything are twats as well. Having charisma does not win you much, except admiration, for which you get SFA!!!

I don't really care if he is, as long as he carries the flag for Scotland. Whos says all sportsmen/women have to have charisma anyway? Many people who never win anything are twats as well. Having charisma does not win you much, except admiration, for which you get SFA!!!

No, but I find it hard to support him because he's pretty dislikeable. Apart from winning he's not a very good representative of Scotland. It might be harsh at this stage, maybe he'll grow out of it. You can win and still be a reasonable person, good example from same sport being Rafa Nadal who is the same age as Murray, but who always comes across as pretty humble and resonable. Croatia chaps the same.

No, but I find it hard to support him because he's pretty dislikeable. Apart from winning he's not a very good representative of Scotland. It might be harsh at this stage, maybe he'll grow out of it. You can win and still be a reasonable person, good example from same sport being Rafa Nadal who is the same age as Murray, but who always comes across as pretty humble and resonable. Croatia chaps the same.

Scotland is the only country that dislikes our sports stars for being successful.

I dont know why people dont like andy, hes said time and time again he does not like doing media stuff, its simply not his scene

totally agree he's a tennis player not a tv presenter . it's not often scotland gets a world class sportsman so we should all get behind him. i hate it when everyone says he's dull-his comments about supporting anyone that plays England shows he has a bit of humour

• 1 month later...

Aye, the lad did well but I think the commentator got it spot on when he said he didn't think Simon would want to go another set, he looked out on his feet after the marathon battle against Nadale. Can't take it away from Murray though, 2 ATP wins this season - no wonder his mother was smiling :)