When Will Saints Ban Smoking?

Dev

why not? Rangers, celtic, hearts, hibs, hampden & airdrie have all made announcments so far.. why should saints wait until after the ban comes in before making plans? Seems like a lack of foresight to me...

I would imagine that as there is a specific non-smoking section of the East stand then they can say to those that are bothered "sit there" and allow the Council to confirm advice, which, I believe is still to be given to the club (or at least it was last week!)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Staus Quo will remin until next season, although a meeting took place today to decide a policy although there is no need to ban it as it's below the set percentage of enclosed.

As long as they don't play any of their records, I don't mind Status Quo for now, makes sense!

I've heard that Staus Quo will remin until next season, although a meeting took place today to decide a policy although there is no need to ban it as it's below the set percentage of enclosed.

As long as they don't play any of their records, I don't mind Status Quo for now, makes sense!

what your proposing- Never :lol::lol:

Good move - provided a great moment of banter in the crowd though! :wink:

Aye, immediately after Kevin announced the forthcoming ban, a very good friend of oors made a rude hand gesture towards us and promptly lit up TWO fags and sat there with them both hangin' oot o' her mouth. It was hilarious! :lol::lol:

sad day! feel for the old boys who have smoked all there days at footie matches, what is red-mcconnel gona ban next - booze? what's wrong with smoking at a footie match???????

I know disgraceful what is Jack McC thinking of trying to improve folks health stop! people getting cancer through passive smoking! and generally make pubs and clubs a nicer more enjoyable atmosphere for the majorty to go into. He should be ashamed of himself :wink:

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

according to my Sunday paper:

13000 people die in Scotland every yr from tobacco use - that's 250 a week. So 8 weeks could wipe out the saints home support!

more than 17000 children under 5 are admitted to hospital in the UK every year because of passive smoking

passive smoking is associated with 865 deaths in Scotland among non-smokers every year

the average smoker will lose 10 yrs of life because of the effects of their smoking

there are lots of other titbits. The second listed item frightens me.

agree with indoors, but out in the open, and its only 90mins a week - it's horrendos! dunno why so many folk agree with an outdoor ban - gotta stand up to our govt or we'll be walking around like puppets

Exactly it is only 90 minutes so you can do with out for that length of time :lol:

according to my Sunday paper:

13000 people die in Scotland every yr from tobacco use - that's 250 a week. So 8 weeks could wipe out the saints home support!

more than 17000 children under 5 are admitted to hospital in the UK every year because of passive smoking

passive smoking is associated with 865 deaths in Scotland among non-smokers every year

the average smoker will lose 10 yrs of life because of the effects of their smoking

there are lots of other titbits. The second listed item frightens me.

What a lot of media pi**

Today made me feel even better about it - i was slagging all my mates when we were about to leave sportsters last night as they were whinging about that being the last fag inside a pub/club and when i woke up this morning my room stinks of fag reek fae ma clothes and i have just washed my hair twice and it still smells! Thank god it's in place.

F*** your fags! :wink:

What a lot of media pi**

Is that a head buried in the sand that I can spy? In what way is it "media pish"?

In general I think the smokers have made their point, it's becoming boring now and seems to be invading several threads. The ban is now in effect - live with it.