#35 - 07/04/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (h)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the feck was the booing at the end all about tonight!!!! feckin redic the tubes that did it !!!!

Exactly Lark!Couldn't believe it!Was the best we've played at home for weeks,just lacked the finish to some decent chances.As for all those now saying the league is lost,well they can all get te feck!We need fans who are positive and supportive,not reactionary pricks,who no doubt some weeks ago,had us winning it in a canter.

If it wasn`t for Main we would have lost that game. We dominated most of the game but they had more chances than us.

I think Hardie wasn`t playing as he would not manage 3 games in 7 days.

I would have had James on the bench as he can win you a game in last 10 mins.

Why don`t we give Reynolds a try as the rest of the forwards are gash.

as the home team, i feel we didn't do enough to deserve the win. respect your opinion though

:)

I agree. We were awful in the second half. They had a few decent positions and if they had a better final pass they would have won by a couple of goals imo.

Exactly Lark!Couldn't believe it!Was the best we've played at home for weeks,just lacked the finish to some decent chances.As for all those now saying the league is lost,well they can all get te feck!We need fans who are positive and supportive,not reactionary pricks,who no doubt some weeks ago,had us winning it in a canter.

differing opinions here, eh?

Agree, four points clear with five to go, Partick aren't going to win all their games, Dobbie will start their slide on Saturday.

What a waste of a perfectly good evening!!! The standard of football for a team that is allegedly the best in the league is shocking.... we are definately just the best of a bad bunch this season. Not one of our stikers looked like they would ever score tonight, it looked like McInnes is trying to win this league on the basis that noone else is going to manage to win any games and he is happy to rack up boring draws until the end of the season. I have never been so bored watching a championship chasing team in the 20 years I have been watching Saints.

For a nil-nil I didn't think the game was THAT bad. We played half decent football in spells and dominated play however most of the good chances fell to the pars with Main saving us on a few occasions although Moon, Homer and Savo all passed up golden opportunities. Any thoughts on our penalty shout in the second half? Looked like a good shout from where i was.

Cracking atmosphere tonight with Dunfermline bringing a surprisingly large support for their league position, although again booing at the end was uncalled for.

Finally congratulations Mr.Main. Saints Legend.

I think if we'd scored a goal tonight, everyone would be quite happy with the performance. It was much better than against Livi, County, Dundee and Thistle at McDiarmid but when we don't get an early goal we tend to run out of ideas, not helped by the total lack of balance to the side. I long for McInnes to simply get back to basics with two central midfielders and two wide players, playing as wide midfielders. Millar can play there but he can't play on the right in the system we used to tonight.

I think if we get an early goal in a game (as against Clyde and Airdrie) we're generally fine but without that, we struggle. Not nerves, just a lack of fresh ideas to break down sides that suss us out. I hope Peaso is available for Saturday.

Think once again our problem at left back was evident once again. There were 3 or 4 times that the ball fell to Anderson and he was unable to supply a decent cross with his left foot......How much further ahead would we be if we had a proper natural left back with a decent left foot??

Has Barrett had a single shot in all his games?

A waste of a shirt!

Too many passengers im afraid, shape up or ship out.

A team so bereft of attacking ideas its scary.

Agree fully with you mate.....Barrett just ran about like a headless chicken and didnt ask any questions of their defence. Samuel just looked disinterested and gives up as soon as he is tackled. Poor effort tonight from the forward line!!