#03 - 22/08/09 - Celtic 5-2 Saints - SPL

its a strange day when sammy is the best saints player! where ever he pulled that performance from I hope he does it a bit more often.

I missed a third of the game from being stuck behind a stupid pillar which had a tv on it that was off.

Was that not a speaker? The only folk that could see the screens were the people in unrestricted seats. Oh the irony.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that not a speaker? The only folk that could see the screens were the people in unrestricted seats. Oh the irony.

There was nothing but a big pillar with a tv on it that was off. could not see either of the big screens. I never saw the build up for the two celtic goals because of it. At half time I moved round a bit and the pillar then just covered the left hand side of the pitch.

Will only really be echoing what other people have said, but I'm not too downhearted after yesterday.

I thought that for the both first and last 15/20 mins or so of the game we played some nice football. It seems that when there isn't a target man like Holmes or Deuchar to aimlessly punt the ball to, we are forced to play the ball on the ground and pass it about, which in spells we did really well yesterday.

We did look like we could offer something to the game when we had the ball in the middle of the park, and when we were looking to attack, but we didn't look up to scratch at the back. I'm not sure if it was just because we were playing against Celtic's attack, but I had an uneasy feeling whenever they moved forward. As good as the defence was last season, they need to up the game a bit this year.

Was surprised that Sammy was the star player, and thought Jody offered a lot as well.

He was about 17 if not younger at the time he could of waited, IMO jackson is just as bad the fact that he plays for saints does piss me off a bit.

They had no intention for playing for Scotland there just looking for excuses to play for ireland & not get stick from the rest of the fans. Also they all happen to be Celtic fans, shockerooney:shock:.

He was about 17 if not younger at the time he could of waited, IMO jackson is just as bad the fact that he plays for saints does piss me off a bit.

Why should they sit about and wait for Scotland to change their minds? both players got rejected by their own country and were offered to play football on an international stage! its the Scottish team selectors who should be getting the boos not the players.

hey mr gloat up the arse

Fair play to mr Celtic coming on here to say what he did, however 1st 15/20 min thought saints controled however you can go on about caldwell aresing up i think 3 oof our goals were due to player errors, we must cut them out and quick or we will suffer leaking goals every game!

Aye Jackson turn coat, however i cant see the lad ever being as good as his celtic counterpart. I doubt vey much Jackson will get a full cap either.

Why should they sit about and wait for Scotland to change their minds? both players got rejected by their own country and were offered to play football on an international stage! its the Scottish team selectors who should be getting the boos not the players.

Good point, I believe the coaches were Archie Knox and Ross Mathie, who made the decision, after making such a bad call on McGeady, these two clowns were lucky they ever got other jobs.

The fushal website says, "Liam Craig and Kenny Deuchar dropped out of the list of eighteen stripped players while Steven Milne dropped to the bench. Gary Irvine, Chris Millar and Collin Samuel were the players coming into the eleven, Millar having recovered from the injury which kept him out of the opening games of the season."

The fushal website says, "Liam Craig and Kenny Deuchar dropped out of the list of eighteen stripped players while Steven Milne dropped to the bench. Gary Irvine, Chris Millar and Collin Samuel were the players coming into the eleven, Millar having recovered from the injury which kept him out of the opening games of the season."

You would think there would be good reason for him being dropped whether it's injury or a change in formation.

I thought it was a bit odd at the time.