MoM Awards - Rnd 11 - Rangers (h)

MoM vs Rangers  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

maybe he doesnt want to waste his energy chasin after players when he knows he will tire out later in the game

he was damn good for us today and gave the rangers defence a real hard time, when he had the ball which was usually after he won it they struggled to get it off him and resorted to kickin his ass all over the park. his off ball running was superb.

rather have sammy than deuchar anyday

I don't think his off the ball running was as good as it can be. He would have had an easier shift with Duechar alongside him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't get a lot of chances to run onto the ball today 101. Apart from 2 passes by Martin Hardie he ran beautifully for. The first was our goal, the second forced a save. Most of the time it was a long ball hoof which he dealed with quite admirably given he isn't especially a target-man.

I agree he doesn't have the work-rate of, for example, a Steven Milne but we are only a lower SPL team. Players we attract are going to be limited in some way, especially foreign and exotic ones. If he was shit hot he'd be playing for a club that can afford more wages than office workers.

Its gutting to think that he has scored against both Celtic and Rangers and its meant nothing.

Sammy for me. Pass marks for all in my opinion, shame about the lack of concentration by letting Papac get that shot away.

I would usually agree about Sammy's work rate but not today 101. He held the ball well, had some decent runs and I felt he could have lasted the 90mins, got a decent shot away just before coming off which suggested the energy was still there.

On a different note, if the OF continue the way they've started this season and Dundee Utd, Hibs and Motherwell keep up the pressure, I feel there is a great chance the SPL could be alot more exciting than usual. Rangers were nothing special today, we deserved alot more from the game.

The back four were fantastic today, very pleasing given our leaking of goals earlier this season.

Samuel played well up front when the run of the ball was in his favour but never looked too interested to win the ball back or close down their defence.

Swankie was terrific throughout and I was very disappointed to see him hooked.. a decision which may have cost us the game. With Swanks' work ethic today we practically lost a defender and a winger for Morais who did bugger all.

Midge had a great game until about the hour mark when he started getting very sloppy and cancelled everything good he did with something poor.

If we play like this all season there is no reason why we cant finish at least 7th. Need to look at the boys' fitness though.. glad that Del addressed that post-match. Hopefully finger will be removed and he'll work on doing something about it.

Sammy for me but the defence esp Ando & Gartland were excellent & Miller played well also. The fact the Gers support were pretty quiet for long periods said a lot about our performance. BTW, what about the Perth Loyal banner that was unfurled at half time? - pathetic t*****s!

Gartland was brilliant and surprisingly didnt get booked- cant see this Sammy hype to be honest--good goal, but after that he fades away---you can argue he didnt get the ball....but then he doesnt run looking for it either.

Garters has gone 2 weeks without a booking. Maybe time to change his nickname to "Angel":laugh:

It was a push between Millar and Samuel today for me. Millar shaded it with his commitment and obvious fitness. With age on his side, alongside an ever improving davidson, we have a very valuable asset wether it be monetary or perfomance related. It was good to see the physical side of his game and i think the 'morris' influence has helped him greatly. Long may it continue.

Great team performance , difficult to select man of the match , Chris Millar outstanding,Jody fantastic,......etc but had to vote for Ando.....Rusti will have to wait his time to replace Ando/ Gartland , ...bring on the Killie next week

Gave Ando MotM. Hardly gave the srikers a sniff at the ball all day.

Could have also given it to any one of Sammy, Millar, Davidson, Garters or Jody but for Ando to come back into the team after so long and play the way he has done deserves huge credit.

Hard to choose between Ando. Jodie, Millar & Sammy. May have given it to Sammy for his goal, his ball control & his pace but just a little bit frustaded that he gives up too easy.

Has to go to Ando who as well as his heading ability he has added much added pace to the central defense.

The talk about Rangers players being fitter than ours is a load of crap.As said people have a natural level of fitness but if you are a professional athlete the difference is minascule.The team had a fitness test on Monday and I can asure that they were excellent.Natural abillity and experience are a different kettle of fish.