Saints v Aberdeen 16/01/10

The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are just really unpredictable just now I think.

Hamilton seem to be coming on to a game as do St Mirren. Aberdeen hit form recently but lost to St Mirren last night. We have taken four points from a possibly six against Hearts - but they are five points clear of us just now (albeit having played two games more). Kilmarnock have been woeful all season, but have beaten us twice (accumulating six of their 14 points).

Really hard to tell how either Saints or Aberdeen play on Saturday, especially considering we haven't played for weeks.

Things are just really unpredictable just now I think.

Hamilton seem to be coming on to a game as do St Mirren. Aberdeen hit form recently but lost to St Mirren last night. We have taken four points from a possibly six against Hearts - but they are five points clear of us just now (albeit having played two games more). Kilmarnock have been woeful all season, but have beaten us twice (accumulating six of their 14 points).

Really hard to tell how either Saints or Aberdeen play on Saturday, especially considering we haven't played for weeks.

Yeah agree with that, I fear we may be a bit rusty on saturday, as two bounce games indoor are far from ideal, gonna be a crazy couple of months anyway with 9 games at leats before Feb is out!!

Hopefully a good crowd down from Aberdeen, would say they are the best supporters in the SPL

Yeah agree with that, I fear we may be a bit rusty on saturday, as two bounce games indoor are far from ideal, gonna be a crazy couple of months anyway with 9 games at leats before Feb is out!!

Hopefully a good crowd down from Aberdeen, would say they are the best supporters in the SPL

Should be a decent support for them, second closest ground to them. Their glasgow division has a coach full going to the game.

Aberdeen looked decent from the highlights of last night but hardly any shots on target.

Certainly would be silly to give them a free kick round the box though, they do look dangerous from there.

Is it looking good for Saturday? wi the time difference I usually get up at 7 o clock quick brekkie then settle doon wi the auld laptop to follow game on BBC live at 8 am

It's been raining in Dundee so things are looking good for the Forfar game on Monday. I believe it's been snowing again in Perth, though.

It's been raining in Dundee so things are looking good for the Forfar game on Monday. I believe it's been snowing again in Perth, though.

Aye, about an inch of snow at Broxden at 6:30 this morning and it was coming down hard too!! I can see th match commander making a late call in the 'state of the surrounding area' scenario :roll:

There's always on selfish b@stard that spoils the illusion ! You'll be telling us all there's no Santa next !!!!

Sorry SS, like you I like the phrase but had to point out saintee4life's error.

I only found out a couple years back, think it was from Stephen Fry on QI.

Tell you what, as I spoilt it for you I'll give you a pearl of wisdom from QI - A female kangaroo has 3 chuffs, male kangaroo's have 2 wangers! :mrgreen:

Latest from Official site regarding pulling out all stops to ensure game goes ahead for Saturday

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=664

Reading that I suspect we are fooked..If the USH aint working (and basically they are saying as of today it still aint) then there is very little chance the ground will thaw out in time... If this turns out to be the case we will be ridiculed for our failure..:sad:

Reading that I suspect we are fooked..If the USH aint working (and basically they are saying as of today it still aint) then there is very little chance the ground will thaw out in time... If this turns out to be the case we will be ridiculed for our failure..:sad:

It looks that way. No much that can be done about it though and I am sure that the game will be called OFF (if required) before 140pm!!

Wont be running off to the reporters now then :)

If that photo on the official site is today its not looking good.

In my basic understanding I thought they would have had covers on the pitch?

Edited by garydavidson