Saints v Aberdeen 16/01/10

The ghost of Jim Morton

Please god we get some football this weekend with the Dons as our guests. Should it go ahead I think we will have a decent chance of 3 points if we have been able to carry our form over from the games prior to the enforced break..Does anyone have any idea what's happening up at McD regarding the clearance of the pitch and the surrounding areas??

Team wise I have no idea as it's been so long since Motherwell I do not know who is fit and who is not. If everyone is fit, I would like to see us start with the same 11 who started the 2nd half at Fir Park..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what the team should be, all I know is that things have changed since we have had no games Aberdeen have beaten United and Hearts so will have quite a bit of confidence.

Still they are not scoring that many goals, but also keeping it quite tight.

Cant wait for this game, saturdays have not been the same the last few weeks.

Several tons of snow need to be lifted from the McDiarmid Park pitch, car park and other areas but a plan is in place and with nature hopefully lending a helping hand and the forecast suggesting that day time temperatures will stay above freezing then a return to match action on Saturday looks a distinct possibility.

However, one area that will be out of commission on Saturday will be the Muirton Suite which has suffered extensive water damage due to burst pipes and the Club apologises to Season Tickets holders who normally use this suite before and after the match.

Unless the weather takes a turn for the worse ( forecast aint bad) I see no reason why the game might be off. They have started clearing the car park I believe and the continuing thaw will assist them in therir task..

More snow and falling temps forecast for Wed Thur though or thats what it says on google anyway!!!

Would have preferred a draw between them but a Midden win gives us a chance to go above Aberdeen on Saturday.

I can see it both ways. I don't think St Midden will be serious contenders for relegation. Though Killie seem to be our boagie team, I can see them dropping away until they get a decent manager in to settle things down and hopefully by then it will be too late.

Getting rid of Kilmarnock and getting Dundee up will give the SPL a more excting fixture list for us Saintees.