Don't waste your money Jamie B

Slowhand

Honestly, all the bad mouthing of our own players and team, and now the stadium and club....

Jamie, save your money and close the site down, these people on here aren't supporters they are just here to give Saints a slagging or pursue their own agenda.

I now understand why the guys that used to post on here hae buggered off :roll:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, all the bad mouthing of our own players and team, and now the stadium and club....

Jamie, save your money and close the site down, these people on here aren't supporters they are just here to give Saints a slagging or pursue their own agenda.

So we all praise them when they play pish then?

So we all praise them when they play pish then?

Not what he's saying. Got to agree with slowhand that everything now seems extremely negative. People have a right to their opinions, and everyone sees things differently but because a player has a bad game doesn't mean he has to be crucified. Threads like Morais is crap whats the point of that? And yes I've noticed that a load of posters have stopped posting or are now on pie and bovril and some of that will be because of all the bitching.

Yes there are a lot of moaning, soor faced, miserable gits in the Saints support but that's the same everywhere and reflects society. They need immediate .... everything otherwise they'll take a tantrum.

We all know the glass is always only half full. :)

Not what he's saying. Got to agree with slowhand that everything now seems extremely negative. People have a right to their opinions, and everyone sees things differently but because a player has a bad game doesn't mean he has to be crucified. Threads like Morais is crap whats the point of that? And yes I've noticed that a load of posters have stopped posting or are now on pie and bovril and some of that will be because of all the bitching.

I know of 2 who sit next to me who lasted used the forum late last year and have stopped because of the above bitching. How bad would it be if the team were not doing well?

You're bang on..Constantly ripping the pish out of players is just wrong.. If a player has a bad game, then comment on that performance is well acceptable, but to just come out with an across the board statement that a player is shite is stupid and counter productive...But if you really do feel a player is not good enough to play for Saints then basically you are saying our manager is not good enough either because he obviously thinks these players are..

We are supporters...We should give support to our players and our management for as long as they are at the club..

Yup, Slowhand has a point. Personally, I can't believe some of the comments I've read on here recently. Even after the win at Forfar some posters went totally off the deep end with some of their "criticism". In my opinion, this forum will die if it goes on much longer - yet again we see the same one or two attention seeking bulls******s, who by virtue of the amount of time they seem to spend on this board, have WAY too much time on their hands, typing complete and utter bile which seems to get more hysterical by the post. Soulful in another thread had it spot on when he talked about that sort of stuff only leading to having to defend the indefensible. The same goes when certain posters respond to others' comments which go as far as questioning their basic intelligence. WTF?? I don't know about other folk, and I'm no Einstein, but I reckon most folk on here do ok on that front. Reality check guys - you don't KNOW these people! Capisce? Far too personal and WAY, WAY over the top.

The question is therefore: Would these individuals have the b******s to say what they say on here to a Saints player, the Saints manager or even another poster's face? Somehow, I'd doubt it. No answer required really, but my best guess is that if they did, they'd be visiting the floor face first pretty sharpish...

Honestly guys, nobody is denying anyone a place to post their views on our football club, but time to develop some manners, and learn a bit of respect.

Yup, Slowhand has a point. Personally, I can't believe some of the comments I've read on here recently. Even after the win at Forfar some posters went totally off the deep end with some of their "criticism". In my opinion, this forum will die if it goes on much longer - yet again we see the same one or two attention seeking bulls******s, who by virtue of the amount of time they seem to spend on this board, have WAY too much time on their hands, typing complete and utter bile which seems to get more hysterical by the post. Soulful in another thread had it spot on when he talked about that sort of stuff only leading to having to defend the indefensible. The same goes when certain posters respond to others' comments which go as far as questioning their basic intelligence. WTF?? I don't know about other folk, and I'm no Einstein, but I reckon most folk on here do ok on that front. Reality check guys - you don't KNOW these people! Capisce? Far too personal and WAY, WAY over the top.

The question is therefore: Would these individuals have the b******s to say what they say on here to a Saints player, the Saints manager or even another poster's face? Somehow, I'd doubt it. No answer required really, but my best guess is that if they did, they'd be visiting the floor face first pretty sharpish...

Honestly guys, nobody is denying anyone a place to post their views on our football club, but time to develop some manners, and learn a bit of respect.

Excellent post. I know my views are not universally accepted but please please remember we are Saints SUPPORTERS not detractors. Its when things are not 100% that the club need support not constant whingeing. As a boy-band once said you say it best when you say nothing at all. Lets support Saints please not pick to death every fault (and we have many ):oops:

So that's where I've been going wrong! :laugh:

I heard on the grapevine that fewer shots were fired in the whole of WW2 than compared to Cynical's love making attempts. :wink:

Slowhand is spot on, WAP is going to end up like stjohnstone.net..... full of filth!

This site is indeed a waste of any money spent if people like Slowhand are going to make threads like this.

I know the point your making but the way you've made it is shocking.

Keep up the good work Jamie, I for one appreciate your work and am grateful to have a good forum that sparks good debate. I know dozens other who think the same.

Slowhand, if you dont like it.. http://www.pieandbovril.com

This site is indeed a waste of any money spent if people like Slowhand are going to make threads like this.

I know the point your making but the way you've made it is shocking.

Keep up the good work Jamie, I for one appreciate your work and am grateful to have a good forum that sparks good debate. I know dozens other who think the same.

Slowhand, if you dont like it.. http://www.pieandbovril.com

Wrong wrong wrong. If you dont want to be a Saints supporter then all the pish on P&B might interest you. Theres no place for happy clappy but doom and gloom is no substitute for good debate. If you think slagging anything and everything to do with our club constitutes "good debate " think again,

'Fraid to say I agree with Bridgendboy, the forum has been particularly unpleasant of late.

The web will always - and should always - attract wind-up merchants, and very diverse points of view. But as a fans' forum there is a 'right of entry' - that we all support St Johnstone and want the best for the club. Anyone who doesn't want to pay that 'right of entry' should get to f**k.

I like reading very different and diverging opinions, and don't mind people talking pish, its a basic human-right, but consistent and sustained attacks on Saints are out of order and betray the values of the club.

Be critical but support Saints - or bugger off to Bebo

'Fraid to say I agree with Bridgendboy, the forum has been particularly unpleasant of late.

The web will always - and should always - attract wind-up merchants, and very diverse points of view. But as a fans' forum there is a 'right of entry' - that we all support St Johnstone and want the best for the club. Anyone who doesn't want to pay that 'right of entry' should get to f**k.

I like reading very different and diverging opinions, and don't mind people talking pish, its a basic human-right, but consistent and sustained attacks on Saints are out of order and betray the values of the club.

i agree f uck off to bebo

Jings, cry me a river. When the club I love has McInnes picking the team, I've got every right to be negative and bitter. He is hopeless at that part of his job. Equally, when I sit in a stand and watch May and Swankie in the stand, while Sheridan, Davidson, McLean and Sheerin are in the match day squad I am allowed to be infuriated. These things cost us performance and points. I have a right to say so, both to the persons responsible and the world at large. All concerned have the right to fightback or ignore me. It is funny that folk on here wanted to be offended on Del's behalf for long enough, yet many now realise his incompetence. The best bit is that Del accepts the critcism in a far more mature way than our knee jerkers ever did...

Slowhand talks about agendas, how many of his posts have involved my good self? Perhaps he has an agenda....

Anyway, I like this forum. I get the chance to be educated by such as Tranmere, Mainstand and Slowhand.

Jings, cry me a river. When the club I love has McInnes picking the team, I've got every right to be negative and bitter. He is hopeless at that part of his job. Equally, when I sit in a stand and watch May and Swankie in the stand, while Sheridan, Davidson, McLean and Sheerin are in the match day squad I am allowed to be infuriated. These things cost us performance and points. I have a right to say so, both to the persons responsible and the world at large. All concerned have the right to fightback or ignore me. It is funny that folk on here wanted to be offended on Del's behalf for long enough, yet many now realise his incompetence. The best bit is that Del accepts the critcism in a far more mature way than our knee jerkers ever did...

Slowhand talks about agendas, how many of his posts have involved my good self? Perhaps he has an agenda....

Anyway, I like this forum. I get the chance to be educated by such as Tranmere, Mainstand and Slowhand.

Well if you are depending on the 2 of us educating you sit down and be quiet and be educated. :)

It is all about opinions, personally i think Del should be praised for keeping Swankie in the stand. As for his overall team selection he is privy to a lot more information about players than you and the rest of us and there will be good reason why he selects the team that he does.

Has it ocurred to any of you guys that the people starting those threads that attack individual players may not in fact be Perth Saints people but mischief makers trying to stir the forum up. If they are, they have been spectacularly successful. I could be wrong but...

I should add that I know of at least one guy who posts on this forum that goes to quite considerable lengths to muddy the waters when it comes to which team he really supports errr.... follows.

Edited by Indicator
Addition

For the avoidance of doubt I wasn't talking about you Gordon - I like when you talk pish it brightens an other wise dull day. What I can't abide is people who are relentlessy negative and bring nothing constructive to the forum, they just moan like old tired men.

At least, you bring a bit of controversy and I often smile when you try to think of something prepostrous to say.

Davidson is tonight's example. He has been 8/10 for us this season and will play more games that he will sit out. You know it, Del knows it and the majority of the forum know it. He is not the finished article but he's a damned good signing

Like you, I would be really keen to see May in squad although I have not seen him play as much.

As for our only disageement to date, your comments on Sheerin lack class, and deep down I suspect your regret them, but you can't say sorry to your online firends. I hope its a weakness you eventually overcome.

...That said at your very best Gordon, your a discursive Gavin Swankie - so brilliant yet so misunderstood.