Post Split Fixtures

Steve McQueen

The most points that both Falkirk and St Mirren can get is 13 as they have to play each other again (4 wins and 1 draw). That would bring them up to 41 points, but would mean the best that Kilmarnock could do in that circumstance would be 3 wins and 2 losses (coming against Falkirk and St Mirren). That would leave them on 38 points.

As I see it, if we win tomorrow, we are mathematically safe as there isn't enough points for each team to gain in the remaining 5 games for us to be caught by all three.

Reason enough to make tomorrow an important game.

P.S. Someone more mathematically minded than me might want to check and confirm!

The bottom 2 are on 28 they will be playing 5 games and as you say the max points is 15 but if the 2 draw against each other then they would get 13. But this would mean that the team that is 3rd bottom would get 9 points. which would mean they would only get 38. If the bottom 3 all draw against each other then they would each get 11 which would give the bottom 2 39.

So yes a win on Sunday and we are mathematically safe.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom 2 are on 28 they will be playing 5 games and as you say the max points is 15 but if the 2 draw against each other then they would get 13. But this would mean that the team that is 3rd bottom would get 9 points. which would mean they would only get 38. If the bottom 3 all draw against each other then they would each get 11 which would give the bottom 2 39.

Excellent - makes Aberdeen trip better.

Excellent - makes Aberdeen trip better.

Will you be in attendance tomorrow? Word on the street is that you are to recieve the honour of the freedom of Aberdeen thanks to your comments in a programme a few months ago. That means that you are allowed to drive a flock of sheep down Union Street - a task that might not be so easy given Aberdonians tendency to enjoy sheep!!

some strange fixture times, OF game on a Tuesday night. Hibs don't have a single game in the last 5 on a Saturday at 3pm. All the bottom 6 matches ko at 1230 on the last Sat and the top six at 1.30 on the sunday, what a waste of time!

Well spotted and well said................ shambles!!!!!!

Will you be in attendance tomorrow? Word on the street is that you are to recieve the honour of the freedom of Aberdeen thanks to your comments in a programme a few months ago. That means that you are allowed to drive a flock of sheep down Union Street - a task that might not be so easy given Aberdonians tendency to enjoy sheep!!

Trying to pull a stunt to get there.

some strange fixture times, OF game on a Tuesday night. Hibs don't have a single game in the last 5 on a Saturday at 3pm. All the bottom 6 matches ko at 1230 on the last Sat and the top six at 1.30 on the sunday, what a waste of time!

Would imagine both sets of games will be on the box ,hence the time & all last games have to kick off at same time.

Yup I had been trying to work this out tonight

Being at my pessimistic best I was trying to work out what would happen if we lost all our remaining games. If that was to happen we could go down. But that needs a lot of results to go other ways

The bottom 3 need to take 9 points from their games against Saints, Hamilton and Aberdeen. Then in the worst case for Saints would be for them all to draw with each other and Hamilton to beat Aberdeen. If Saints lost all the remaining games including tomorrow in that case we would go down.

With a draw tomorrow then with the above it would come to goal difference but as has been said above a win makes us safe.

Even if we don't win tomorrow I am sure by next week one of the bottom 3 will have dropped points and we will be safe.

Couple of observations on this. First of all thank christ we don't have to go to Hamilton again. i wouldn't be prepared to pay £77 again for my family to watch that shower of s*** spend the whole match cheating and time wasting.

Second re the Falkirk game away could we not stick Alan Main in goals and he could let a few in. That would really give those fminks down Pailey way something to bleat about for years to come. Given the stick they have dished out to Main over the years I do hope it is them that is relegated.

Second re the Falkirk game away could we not stick Alan Main in goals and he could let a few in. That would really give those fminks down Pailey way something to bleat about for years to come. Given the stick they have dished out to Main over the years I do hope it is them that is relegated.

What about the abuse that Alzo has taken on here?

I don't think saying that a player is past their best is abuse. The site has been generally supportive of him and are even promoting his testimonial year.

The stuff written about him after we defeated the Arabs in the cup was just crap. Furthermore, he is constantly belittled by people on this site.

Couple of observations on this. First of all thank christ we don't have to go to Hamilton again. i wouldn't be prepared to pay £77 again for my family to watch that shower of s*** spend the whole match cheating and time wasting.

He certainly could, so we shouldn't.

There's still a carve up of final placing money to be played for and giving a place to a keeper who is no longer good enough for the SPL would be like match fixing.

The stuff written about him after we defeated the Arabs in the cup was just crap. Furthermore, he is constantly belittled by people on this site.

I think you have a bit of a cheek saying that folk are being harsh on a player, with some of the comments you have posted about Davidson, Sheerin, Sherridan and Smith to name but a few not to mention your obsession with Del.

Oh and if you are talking about stick for Main what about a thread where you continued to slag him about not being a clubman.

Could some one explain to me why this "split" takes place?

Doesn't it cost teams quite a bit of money if they don't get to play the more fashionable teams?

Smudge

They wanted to increase the size of the SPL to 12 but didn;t want to increase the season by playing 44 league matches, they therefore came up with the plan to jeep the top sides ie OF playing each other 4 teams to jeep the tv companies happy.

The only problem with missing out on the split is we don't get a chance to pump the other half of the ugly sisters.Killie to go down for me because of previous misdemeanours against our wonderful club.Another thing i dont understand is the ugly sisters play at 1200 on Sunday to stop the death rate in Scotland rocketing for 24 hrs.So they set the last fixture at 7.30 on a Tuesday night.feck knows.

Another thing i dont understand is the ugly sisters play at 1200 on Sunday to stop the death rate in Scotland rocketing for 24 hrs.So they set the last fixture at 7.30 on a Tuesday night.feck knows.

The spl are saying the police requested it. They also kind of narrowed the options down quite a bit as they: they didn't want a title decider they coudln't play on the first 2 sats after the break and just to make it even worse they also didn't want them playing on the last saturday of the seaon or on the bank holiday weekend.

The spl are saying the police requested it. They also kind of narrowed the options down quite a bit as they: they didn't want a title decider they coudln't play on the first 2 sats after the break and just to make it even worse they also didn't want them playing on the last saturday of the seaon or on the bank holiday weekend.
So they allow for an all day drinking sesh.You can hear the cb's saying,"im gonna get pure dead pished the day and celebrate the championship cause its the 4th of july on the 4th of may" and the tm's saying,"im gona have tae get pished aw day to numb this season oot oh me".Stay away from Perth town centre,day and night on Tuesday the 4th of May.

So they allow for an all day drinking sesh.You can hear the cb's saying,"im gonna get pure dead pished the day and celebrate the championship cause its the 4th of july on the 4th of may" and the tm's saying,"im gona have tae get pished aw day to numb this season oot oh me".Stay away from Perth town centre,day and night on Tuesday the 4th of May.

They have had night games before and it has been quite quiet.

They will be at work for most of the day. And anyway given that it is on may 4 2 days before polling woudl you no be keeping clear of the weird looking folk in the town centre shaking folks hands and trying to kiss babies. :)