We do still have something to play for

Real Madrid

I know from talking to a few people that many feel the season is over.

Apart from the prize money, which is a bonus if we have worked our budget on finishing 11th like most teams, there is also an incentive to finish 7th or 8th as this would give us a seeding in the CIS cup in the 2nd and more importantly the 3rd round meaning if we make the last 16 we cannot get a tie against any of the top 6 or the side that finishes 7th or 8th.

Any cup runs do bring in extra cash and even if it all ends in a quarter final loss to one of the old firm I'd rather go out to them there than in the 3rd round.

If we get a win on Saturday I cannot see Aberdeen catching us, even if we lose to Kevin Kyle FC the following week

I couldn't care less where we finish. We are not top six but we are comfortably in the SPL next year. I would gladly finish 9th in exchange for getting SPL game time into Stevie May and Andy Jackson. Milne is our only contracted forward for next season (excluding the young Stevie's) and we should concentrate on getting these two ready to start next season and help us to a mid-table finish next season. A goal for either would be worth more than £75k in the long run. The lack of a prolific striker has hurt us this year.

I couldn't care less where we finish. We are not top six but we are comfortably in the SPL next year. I would gladly finish 9th in exchange for getting SPL game time into Stevie May and Andy Jackson. Milne is our only contracted forward for next season (excluding the young Stevie's) and we should concentrate on getting these two ready to start next season and help us to a mid-table finish next season. A goal for either would be worth more than £75k in the long run. The lack of a prolific striker has hurt us this year.

"We should play Liam Craig up front."

Your thoughts? It did strike me a while back when almost all of our strikers were injured. He did play up front as a young'un and he's our top scorer this season!

I couldn't care less where we finish. We are not top six but we are comfortably in the SPL next year. I would gladly finish 9th in exchange for getting SPL game time into Stevie May and Andy Jackson. Milne is our only contracted forward for next season (excluding the young Stevie's) and we should concentrate on getting these two ready to start next season and help us to a mid-table finish next season. A goal for either would be worth more than £75k in the long run.

Don't agree. A poor finish could cost us a lot of dough in terms of season tickets and new supporters.

Momentum required, to hit the ground running next season.

No problem with blooding young guys however, if we have goals to spare in any of our remaining games:D

The financial implications to the club are reason enough for us to continue to play our strongest squad and aim to win our remaining matches. We also simply have to beat Kilmarnock this season. I'm going to the game and I won't be impressed if we drop twelve out of twelve to this side. They're rank.

The financial implications to the club are reason enough for us to continue to play our strongest squad and aim to win our remaining matches. We also simply have to beat Kilmarnock this season. I'm going to the game and I won't be impressed if we drop twelve out of twelve to this side. They're rank.

Seem to remember taking a load of points of them when we got relegated. Maybe it's what they call Karma ! 1st div beckons for them I hope. As you say they are terrible and the Methadome is nearer my hoose !:wink:

Don't agree. A poor finish could cost us a lot of dough in terms of season tickets and new supporters.

If we're being honest the momentum has already gone. Its astounding really as we have done extremely well this season but I think we'd struggle to find anyone who's more excited about the Aberdeen game this weekend as opposed to any game from 2 weeks ago or before. Regardless of whether we finish 7th or 9th at this point, no more momentum will be gained unless we win all of our remaining games by 3 or more goals.

We have nothing left to play for. The bonuses mentioned in this thread are expendable.

And don't forget, blooding youngsters does not equate to conceding games. Does anyone on here think Sheridan could've had a better game than Reynolds at Parkhead?

Does anyone think if Jacko was 100% fit this season he wouldn't have scored as many goals as say Savo, Deuchar or Sheridan?

I think getting these two back on the park before the end of the season would be worth much more to us in the long run than a tuesday night cup tie at Alloa as opposed to a top 6. But there's no reason to say we can't finish 7th or 8th whilst playing one or two inexperienced or returning players

Edited by The Inspiration

No problem with blooding young guys however, if we have goals to spare in any of our remaining games:D

We saw last week that an awful game and awful result can still be incredibly exciting. Folk that give up their season ticket because we drop a few points at the tail of the season are the sort of folk we can do without.

As The Inspiration says, don't underestimate the bairns....

Agreed, 75k would pay for our strikers wages next season (guesstimation) but given young players more gametime can only help there development and could be worth more in the long run, also doubt playing these youngsters would cost us a place anyway, the main aspects of the team this years seems to be our midfield, not our strikers, so giving reynolds a good run could even help us make 7th, never know

The lack of a prolific striker has hurt us this year.

It certainly has and I have thought that since Jason left us. We used to be so clinical in front of goal and certainly could have used a handy finisher at the start of the season. It is amusing that we have scored so many yet could have had near double that with some of the chances that have been passed up.

As much as I'd like to see us finish 7th (preferably with a higher points total than Hearts) we're in a nice position to let some of the youngsters get a feel for SPL football, in front of live TV cameras no less.

Steven May as a second half sub tomorrow would be good to see.

As much as it would be great to see the young guns given a chance I think McInnes may be protecting them also? Home games the fans turn on them so easily and there has not been an away game since everything was deemed completely meaningless.

There's also the old adage of 'too much too soon' and whilst I do not doubt their capabilities, the management may be choosing to protect them by minimum exposure until they are ready. I would rather see Jacko getting game time and a bit of confidence to come back ready to hit the ground running at pre season - he has a big psyhcological factor to get over after his injury history and illnesses. Great to see all the lads rallying round him today also.

Keep the faith young Stevies - all in good time.