#08 - 25/09/10 - Dundee United 1-0 Saints - SPL

themole

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Chris. Trying to make tea and type at the same time is never a good idea.

My names not Chris but you are forgiven. :wink:

Millar was quite rightly booked for his dive and I'm glad he was but it doesn't stop Goodwillie's antics being as bad as they are

It's funny how two sets of supporters see the same game differently though. Can only agree with the point that Saints lost it through our own efforts.

My names not Chris but you are forgiven. :wink:

Millar was quite rightly booked for his dive and I'm glad he was but it doesn't stop Goodwillie's antics being as bad as they are

It's funny how two sets of supporters see the same game differently though. Can only agree with the point that Saints lost it through our own efforts.

I'm not claiming Goodwillie was innocent I should clarify. He was given the rough hose treatment today and was on occassion keen to make the ref see that. However that is different from diving. Goodwillie is a great prospect and his arrogance can be his downfall and his inspiration in equal measure. Following on the traditions of Raploch strikers he is the kind of player that home fans love but away fans despise.

Well at least now taht you have Williams to go on about you will leave Murray alone.

You really need to start putting football into some sort of perspective 101

Davidsons failings are teeny in relation to that waste of a long name. Actually, everyone has come to realise that Muzz is crap so I can stop preaching:laugh:

Davidsons failings are teeny in relation to that waste of a long name. Actually, everyone has come to realise that Muzz is crap so I can stop preaching:laugh:

I used to rave about Muzz, but must admit that now i'm not so sure. Too many headers over the bar and sitters missed and can be posted missing for long periods in games.

I thought Muzz looked more like his old self yesterday.

I don't think I need to mention the Ref or Goodwillie, Millar needs a good talking to for a horrific dive. I never want to see a player in a St Johnstone shirt doing that.

Thought Grainger was quite poor and JMW was guilty of holding onto the ball too long (I could have ripped his head off for not sending Jackson through on goal) but he continually ran at players which is always going to pose problems.

Aside from that pair, everyone performed well and a point would have been a fair result. I still have no fear of relegation but the front men need a few goals soon or things could get tricky.

Putting things in perspective, it could be worse. We could be Dundee!

Millar needs a good talking to for a horrific dive. I never want to see a player in a St Johnstone shirt doing that.

I have to say that I agree 100% with that and would add that I'm surprised that Chrissy Millar was the culprit.

I wonder if United's defensive failings in previous weeks had led to an instruction to "look for penalty opportunities?"

It will be interesting to see if he's punished.

We have to get the attacking side back to the game last season we would have won that game. Were so slow getting forward we break with no real gusto.

For the goal why have all 11 players in the box for a corner and goodwillie still managed to take the piss out of our efforts of defending

Worst ref I've seen in a long time am not complaining about not sending Ando off but the stoppage time that botherd me should have been at least 7 mins and that was before all there diving in stoppage time

For the goal why have all 11 players in the box for a corner and goodwillie still managed to take the piss out of our efforts of defending

When you look at the goals we have lost this season it is horror story after horror story, aberdeen game miskick and deflection, Rangers own goal from Rusti and a foul on Maybury, Motherwell a deflection, St Mirren a deflection, Dundee United a game of pin ball followed by a complete sclaf which if hit right would have been saved.

With a start to the season like this, we have many obvious problems, but I think discipline needs a serious looking at pronto, Ando's been sent off once this season already, Millar's dive an absolute disgrace, anyone getting booked for talking back to the ref needs a slap - we're under enough pressure as it is when we cannae seem to fine the goal, the lads need to keep the heid. Hope that Millar is suitably punished by the club.

I have to say that I agree 100% with that and would add that I'm surprised that Chrissy Millar was the culprit.

I wonder if United's defensive failings in previous weeks had led to an instruction to "look for penalty opportunities?"

It will be interesting to see if he's punished.

Bit harsh mate !!

Cannot imagine anyone at Saints would "encourage" a player to go looking for a Penalty.......It may be widely talked about elsewhere and folk have gone on record that they themselves would go down "easy" if it earned a penalty for their club.

Cant see the club issuing a public statement that condemns a players actions and would expect anything to be internal rather than public.

Cant see the club issuing a public statement that condemns a players actions and would expect anything to be internal rather than public.

I agree, I'd expect it to be that way. For what it's worth I can't see him being punished, but i'd expect strong words from the management.

Not only did he leave himself on a tightrope for 85 minutes, he made himself look like a bit of an idiot.

I'm not claiming Goodwillie was innocent I should clarify. He was given the rough hose treatment today and was on occassion keen to make the ref see that. However that is different from diving. Goodwillie is a great prospect and his arrogance can be his downfall and his inspiration in equal measure. Following on the traditions of Raploch strikers he is the kind of player that home fans love but away fans despise.

sorry don't agree Badwillie has proved time and time again,he will DIVE,PLAY ACT,AND CHEAT.To gain any advantage eg free kick,goal,booking.But his arrogance will be his downfall

Derek sounded a bit stressed during his radio interview with the BBC. Repeating that he wasn't going to discuss the individual points and then saying that either theinterviewer wasn't listening or he wasn't making himself clear enough! Never sounds good when managers speak like that.

Is he feeling pressure.