Del and West Brom: the Saga Continues

soulfulsaint

Allardyce is a shocking manager, especially in the transfer market he would be the worst out of the lot, Del could easily do a better job than him. Hodgson would be a good choice for them, that's if he's ready after his Liverpool nightmare. If I were them I'd go for Hughton, young and shown what a promising manager he is at Newcastle.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, would prefer to see him somewhere like Chelsea:laugh:

nah not good enough for Big Sam, mind you the average age of Chelsea is about right for Sam's teams :) But I think he has his sights set on Real Madrid. Sure I remember him saying something along the lines of "I'm good enough to manage Real Madrid".

If this was the end of the season - with WBA relegated - I think they would offer Del the job. He is still a young manager and I don't think they will take a chance on him just now - experience needed to avoid the drop methinks. Having said that the English papers are going mad about how good managers from the Glasgow area are - and Coyle has been such a success. I'm hoping this job has come a year too soon for Del. I'd love to see him guide us into the top 6 before he goes.

McInnes was on Sportsound tonight and as ever came across very, very well in the face of some ridiculous Richard Gordon questioning. He made it quite clear that he can understand why he has been linked to West Brom as he is an ex Captain and he will always have a lot of time for the club. Nothing wrong with that at all. He then made it perfectly clear that he was very happy at Saints and that he felt there was more to achieve here. He also stressed that he had not been approached by West Brom and that he has a very good relationship with Geoff Brown who would let him know.

Gordon concludes all this by saying that you can read between the lines that he is desperate to go to West Brom and next thing you know the sports news is leading with "McInnes refuses to rule himself out of the West Brom running". Absolute nonsense, a non story. Am sure if he is offered it he will take it, nobody is going to be in the least bit surprised by that.

Expect this kind of "sensationalist" nonsense from the gibbering idiots at Clyde or Real Radio, not from the BBC. Standards are indeed slipping. Although they continue to employ Billy Dodds so should not be surprised.

McInnes was on Sportsound tonight and as ever came across very, very well in the face of some ridiculous Richard Gordon questioning. He made it quite clear that he can understand why he has been linked to West Brom as he is an ex Captain and he will always have a lot of time for the club. Nothing wrong with that at all. He then made it perfectly clear that he was very happy at Saints and that he felt there was more to achieve here. He also stressed that he had not been approached by West Brom and that he has a very good relationship with Geoff Brown who would let him know.

Gordon concludes all this by saying that you can read between the lines that he is desperate to go to West Brom and next thing you know the sports news is leading with "McInnes refuses to rule himself out of the West Brom running". Absolute nonsense, a non story. Am sure if he is offered it he will take it, nobody is going to be in the least bit surprised by that.

Expect this kind of "sensationalist" nonsense from the gibbering idiots at Clyde or Real Radio, not from the BBC. Standards are indeed slipping. Although they continue to employ Billy Dodds so should not be surprised.

Atmospherics working a treat and got decent MW down here tonight. Totally agree with this... did notice the "McInnes refuses to rule himself out of the West Brom running" shite after listening to the interview (which I thought was excellent), so I guess, as the question "Derek are you ruling yourself out of the West Brom job running" wasn't asked, the BBC gutterpress are going to jump all over it... kin losers

McClaren for the baggies job :wink:

Atmospherics working a treat and got decent MW down here tonight. Totally agree with this... did notice the "McInnes refuses to rule himself out of the West Brom running" shite after listening to the interview (which I thought was excellent), so I guess, as the question "Derek are you ruling yourself out of the West Brom job running" wasn't asked, the BBC gutterpress are going to jump all over it... kin losers

McClaren for the baggies job :wink:

That's todays media for you - no longer reporters, but creators, of news.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnBD-nWLEpc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnBD-nWLEpc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

There is very little chance of WBA phoning McD Park. Premiership club in relegation dogfight would not want an SPL manager to come in. It will be Sam A for sure. All the better for us. No saga, no phonecalls, no chance of Del going. Next...

While OC has done well, he did so by going to the Championship and taking the team up, rather than walking into EPL club. It would take an extraordinary SPL manager to be able to be offered an EPL job (even OF mangers dont get offered jobs at big clubs) or a chairman taking quite a risk (and they arent exactly well known for making rational decisions). So, I would be amazed if Del got the WBA job this time around - but I dont think I would be confident enough to say 'no' chance. It will happen sooner or later though.

Not a chance Allardyce will be the new West Brom manager, he does not fit in with the ethos of the club and prefers to manage in an "old school manner" - something he would not be allowed to do at the Baggies.

Like it or not, Derek McInnes is in the running for this job and I for one would not be suprised to see West Brom make an approach over the next few days. Im not saying he is first choice, but I would imagine that at the very least the WBA board would like to have the chance to talk with Del.