Favourite Unusual Player

Saintkev

There's the favourite thread, and this one isn't confined to the last ten years, who's been your favourite player who most wouldn't think of, a wee cult hero, one that's a wee bit leftfield, or random.

Mine is Simon Miotto, was an amazing guy and was very into the fans, even offering to play for PSJ if ever required and the song we sang to the tune of Waltzing Matilda all added up to make him a cult-hero to me...

There's the favourite thread, and this one isn't confined to the last ten years, who's been your favourite player who most wouldn't think of, a wee cult hero, one that's a wee bit leftfield, or random.

Mine is Simon Miotto, was an amazing guy and was very into the fans, even offering to play for PSJ if ever required and the song we sang to the tune of Waltzing Matilda all added up to make him a cult-hero to me...

Simon Miotto is a great lad, especially as he got me tickets to Sunderland-West Brom a couple of years when he took a player/coach role there and a signed shirt as well!!!

As for my favourite that most wouldn't think of - Craig Russell. Met him out in the bucket (when I was about Hazel's age!!!) and as I had his name on the back of my shirt at the time (despite only playing 45 minutes for us :shock: ) I asked if he would sign it for me at the following home game. He duly came up to the North end of the East Stand 20/25 minutes before kick-off and brought his own pen to sign my shirt!!!

Tommy Love

If not just for his lovely wife, but perhaps his antics with Liz mcD, or even just being god!

One fond memory of him is when myself and saintkev and a few others were on the way back from love street. We passed him and i took off my shirt to show him his name. He gave a little wave and thumbs up and off we went.

Tommy Love seemed a sound enough guy, met him in Le Bucket once just before he signed, he stood and blethered for a bitty then went tae the bar and got me and my mate a bottle of bud, he was'nt a bender was he? :?

With a wife like that, i suppose he could have been! :shock:

Tommy Love seemed a sound enough guy, met him in Le Bucket once just before he signed, he stood and blethered for a bitty then went tae the bar and got me and my mate a bottle of bud, he was'nt a bender was he? :?

And i got the pleasure of meeting Peter Lovenkrands at Motherwell the day we got relegated! Brightened up my day....214204_thumb.jpg

Oh how i am glad Tommy love played for us.... :roll::wink:

Has to be Thomas Andersson for me! Myself and BigCheese once trained with Saints, and Andersson was was almost as bad as the two of us! The players were doing this fairly complicated passing routine, and the guy just didn't have a clue what was going on.

I believe he's also the only Saints player ever to have a Keanu Reeves movie character named after him.

Simon Miotto is a great bloke, Ive been lucky or unlucky enough to be out on the drink with him a few times here in Sydney and we used to call him captain rats.

He did an impromptu strip one night at a bus stop whilst we were waiting to cross the road, we couldnt understand why everyone was beeping there horns at us, until we turned around and there was Simon doing his best to be the human tripod.

I was hoping the Benito Kemble and the wigs would of been all rage for us, also had the potential to be a cult classic

I was hoping the Benito Kemble and the wigs would of been all rage for us, also had the potential to be a cult classic

I was wearing mine just yesterday! Seriously! Was clearing out a pile of stuff I'd been storing at my parents' house and discovered the ol' Benny wig at the bottom of a drawer.

I was wearing mine just yesterday! Seriously! Was clearing out a pile of stuff I'd been storing at my parents' house and discovered the ol' Benny wig at the bottom of a drawer.

Selling those wigs was the greatest bit of business we ever did. Two pound loss on each of them - who says fanzines cannot make money!