#42 - 25/04/11 - Saints 0-3 Inverness CT - SPL

we have players who know there out of contract or on loan and not putting effort in for the team and more important the club i wish we could just end the season right now because the palyers and the fans are giving up with every game that goes past

And it's going to cost the club 'big time' if we end up in 11th place because of this. I mean look at ICT full of fire, they're determined to get as high a place as possible and grab the money that goes with it. This is the 2nd season on the trot we've failed to maximise the money available to us. We tailed off miserably last season letting Hamilton in above us. There's still the chance that Aberdeen and St Mirren can do the same thing unless somebody gets a grip and motivates this team.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we ever score.Said to my mate before thegame I would be happy if we just managed to score.

Del said this was the start of him building for next season. Well there are a few bricks that are not fired up enough.

Mabury is slow & crap.

Grainger is not interested & always getting caught in possesion.

Gartland is slow & poor in the air & on the ground.

Invinceible tries but doesn`t have it.

Craig as Grainger.

May in common with most of the team has no pace or strength.

The 3 goals we lost were almost identical to the Motherwell game.

First a free header.Second defence back off & let the player run through them.Third defence didn`t challange & allowed player to lob keeper.

Caley were stronger, faster more determined & skillful than us.

Just want to say Gartland is clearly nowhere near match fit and has had injections all week to help his hernia, groin and every other part of his body.

So why is our esteemed manager playing the boy. And before you say we have nobody else , that's bollocks. There is ALWAYS another option If he is not fit then he should NOT be playing.

looked like there wis a wee bit of urgency in the first half, couple of chances Maybury's especially but then they scored then that was it. You could write the names of those who deserved there pay today on the back of a stamp, Muzz,Jackson Maybury for sure then I dont know I thought Craig used to do a job wie free kicks now he goes over and stands beside Griffin then walks away what kind of tactic is that. Anyway my livestream went dead put me oot my misery

Clearly there are a lot of players who are going to be leaving the club after the season finishes. There is a question mark as to whether you allow Derek the opportunity to sort this mess out or you allow someone new a full pre-season. Is it a risk to see how he gets on and have to get rid of him 5 games into the new season? Leaving a new man to work with another mess?

I don't necessarily believe in the saying "not good enough to play for..." but I do believe that so many of our current players just have a poor attitude. Murray Davidson clearly has a belief in his own ability that so many of our other players lack. He goes into a tackle and he believes he can win it. He goes for a header and he believes he can win it. He'll drive forward and he'll try to score. Who else had that sort of attitude tonight?

Jackson tried really hard and excelled himself under the circumstances. Not played much this season, thrown into a new partnership and into a team playing exceptionally poorly. All eyes looking to him to score after too many games without a single goal. Nothing went his way infront of goal unfortunately but he was in the right positions. Positions other strikers would not have found themselves in.

That's probably it for me. Keeping things in perspective, there were only a few players who were actually dire. Grainger, Gartland and Invincible. Two of them give professional footballers a bad name and there are doubts over the commitment of the other according to many at the game tonight? The bigger problem is that we don't have more players with the attitude of Murray Davidson. He was by so far our best player.

Edited by SaintSam1884

In isolation, you could make excuses about tonight. As the Inverness fans have acknowledged, it was never a 3-0 game and we, once again at home, created an acceptable number of chances. But it wasn't a match in isolation, it was the continuation of the same sort of stuff we've been served up for several months now. More importantly for me, it also comes a week after the manager had harsh words following a massively disappointing result at Hampden. He claimed after that some players wouldn't play for him again yet the five that were missing tonight consisted of two that were suspended and three that were injured. Have to admit there was several players out there who I'd hoped never to see in a Saints shirt again and surely tonight has to spell the end for Jordan Robertson and Danny Invincibile. The latter does well for about ten minutes every week then disappears whilst the former is meant to be playing for a contract and a second chance in football generally? He plays as if he's owed a living. Not that most of the others were really any better tonight. I think we were all looking for a reaction from last weekend but it just wasn't there and that is worrying. What has been said about confidence is probably right but they need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and start creating some luck for ourselves.

first half was ours(or should have been.after the first goal the team decomposed as if no one really gived a fuque(no fault of Derek..+ to ask for his sacking so near to the end of the season wont serve nowt..+ do saints have the cash to pay for?..think not.

noticed a lot of huffing and puffing from saints players who once on the ball had nothing better to do than lob the ball upwards. hard as it is to admit..the 3 goals were good and deserved..best team won.

Was there another option? An u19 player? The injections were used so he could play.

I don`t know enough about our under 19s but if we don`t have anyone that could come in then why are we running an under 19 team. Liverpool played a couple of 18 year olds at full back the other week so ther is no reason why under 19s can`t do a job in SPL.

Some of the s*** some people write on this makes me ***! Some people dont have a clue about footy and their comments back it up, how many fans inside the stadium were behind our team!? Gettin them goin? 30 ICT fans were louder than us .... Embarrasing,

Jackson/muzz were by far head and shoulders about their team mates, muzz winning tackles as per, jacko winnimg fouls all over the shop that grainger wanted to just boot the ball into row z every free kick he took, .... As for the two full backs defending .... Jeesssooo , any football ive played the 1st tackles = booting the wingers outta the park .. Just so they know youre there and think twice about running at you,

Bear in mind this was jacksons 1st run out in a while and he still put himself about more than our other strikers... A couple games and his chances become goals he was my MOM by far!

Some of the s*** some people write on this makes me ***! Some people dont have a clue about footy and their comments back it up, how many fans inside the stadium were behind our team!? Gettin them goin? 30 ICT fans were louder than us .... Embarrasing,

Jackson/muzz were by far head and shoulders about their team mates, muzz winning tackles as per, jacko winnimg fouls all over the shop that grainger wanted to just boot the ball into row z every free kick he took, .... As for the two full backs defending .... Jeesssooo , any football ive played the 1st tackles = booting the wingers outta the park .. Just so they know youre there and think twice about running at you,

Bear in mind this was jacksons 1st run out in a while and he still put himself about more than our other strikers... A couple games and his chances become goals he was my MOM by far!

I don't get your original rant...you have only repeated what most of the posters so far have said :neutral:

Exactly.... The rest of yous talk shite!

eh?? I can only deduce that you are a young, cock-sure lad who thinks he is a bit of a player:roll:

Although I agree, the days of 'putting the winger in the air' in the first tackle are gone i'm afraid....a la Ando at Tannadump.

Not really sure what you are getting at tbh