Sportscene

Oldmuirton

Yeah it's the analysis of the actual match, it was a good 2 minutes about St Mirrens style of play and how it was fairly ineffectual at scoring goals, not once did Stephen Craigan ever once mention saints or how we played. It's not fair simply focussing on one team at the end, it should be even coverage, especially if its agaisnt a feelow diddy.

0-0 Saints v Saints, I am surprised the found highlights! very bad advert for Scottish football. I couldnt care less what coverage is on Sportscene, I find it more useful to watch the other matches, thats the only reason I tune in, to see what the competition is like. Hibs to shade Aberdeen for the drop I think..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the worrying thing, both have the resources to recover and WILL recover. So not a great situation for Saints when the so called poorer teams are lying above us in the league. Dunfermline and St Midden's good start is not so good for us.

Dunfermline will fade as the season progresses....and I have a feeling that Hibs won't recover. Not saying they will defo go down, but they will remain in about the relegation battle all season I reckon.

For years now people have been saying there is no way Aberdeen/Hibs etc will remain in the bottom 6, they are too "big" etc,etc, etc. The fact is they are as poor teams as anybody else. There is no finance there for them to make any major signings and the transfer window also restricts this.

It's about the right time now for the media to trot out the annual Aberdeen are in crisis articles, what has happened to this once proud club, Cup Winners Cup, Fergie, yada, yada, ad nauseum.

For years now people have been saying there is no way Aberdeen/Hibs etc will remain in the bottom 6, they are too "big" etc,etc, etc. The fact is they are as poor teams as anybody else. There is no finance there for them to make any major signings and the transfer window also restricts this.

It's about the right time now for the media to trot out the annual Aberdeen are in crisis articles, what has happened to this once proud club, Cup Winners Cup, Fergie, yada, yada, ad nauseum.

Hibs were as horse as anyone last season. I was at their pre-season friendly against Sunderland with my Hibee brother in law who's a season ticket holder there. They were utter mince in that game, and he says there's been no change. Table doesn't lie apparently. Same as the Sheep, must be depressing for long time fans.

• 6 months later...
Listening to Sportsound on the BBC while driving home post match on Saturday Sandy Clark was gutted at having to report on a Saints win over his darling Jambo's,just went on about how crap a match it was and what Hearts didn't do ie left top players out as apposed to what Saints did do.

That seems to be the norm where Saints are concerned. After the defeat of St Mirren, the talk was all about St Mirren's silky passing from the back and how it didn't quite work that day.

I was listening to that blethering idiot Shiels on Saturday going on about how Killie and Motherwell have an affiliation as they are both clubs 'punching above their weight'. This view seems to be held by the media as well. I have two issues with this...surely, if anybody, we are the club that is punching miles above its weight, and doing so by not getting ourself in massive debt, and secondly, if all these teams are punching above their weight, then who isn't exactly.....with the shift in Scottish football, I think that term is used too often.

I would love to think that the power in Scottish football is changing....only one Edinburgh side will be mildly successful, Well and the Arabs will continue to perform, the gap to the OF will close and Saints will have another great season next year and establish us as one of the top teams :cool:

Edited by Edstar101

Don`t know what was in the other papers but the mail had a wee bit at the bottom of page about the Hearts game whilst other games got nearly a page each.

Most about Saints maybe going to Europe mind you and nothing about Hearts.

The Metro had a tiny bit about Fran claiming the Hearts players were disrespectful prior to him taking the penalty....and that was it :roll:

Sportscene is a disgrace. I keep saying I aint gonna watch it any more but then watch in the mis-placed belief that this will be the week we actually get some credit..

Never phucking happens though, does it.:evil:

I watched this last night and it left me wondering whether Hearts had actually won that game on Saturday and that I had only dreamt up the fact that we won it 2-1!!

I said earlier that I generally watch the online highlights of games to avoid the OF bias on the TV, but on this occasion I watched the online highlights and then watched Sportscene anyway, because there was nothing else on.

I believe they actually cut the highlights to show LESS of the Saints game than in the 5 minute highlight package online. Unbelievable.

Sportscene is a disgrace. I keep saying I aint gonna watch it any more but then watch in the mis-placed belief that this will be the week we actually get some credit..

Never phucking happens though, does it.:evil:

I am not bothered if no-one gives us any credit. The league table cannot lie! As long as we believe thats all that matters.