#03 - 13/08/11 - Saints 0-1 Dunfermline Athletic - SPL

Would just like to say a big **** you to the gimp that screamed "liam you're ****ing hopeless" from the main stand as he came across for a corner, which he clearly heard.

I was angry at him too but that kinda stuff just doesnt help anyone.

tottally agree the knob was behind me somewhere - dont need that sort of shite.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just me that thought we played well then?

I thought all we were missing was a goal or two. We've got a squad clearly lacking a bit of confidence and being helped in no way by idiotic fans who seem to think we've turned into Arsenal and feel it necessary to boo at half time and full time if we're not winning.

No, I'm with you. I'm sure others will agree once they can look past the result.

I'm just worried now that we are relying to much on Sandaza already.

Sandaza is obviously a breath of fresh air and I think he could be that man we've been missing in the final 3rd of the pitch.

Sandaza looks like the type of player we have been looking for

Don't get me wrong, I was impressed yesterday as well, but Stevie May scored twice and was hyped up to be the next big thing, and has done nothing of note since his goals v Hamilton. I know they are different situations, Sandaza is a proven SPL player etc. but we might just be expecting too much of him already.

Jambo mates of mine tell me Robertson will be a great signing for us,was that the wee guy who came on ran around like a lassie and has a head like E.T.Whats the big deal about him?

Certainly haven't seen anything yet to get overly excited about, however, I have a few arab pals who were all disappointed when he left Tannadice. They all thought he was destined for great things. Maybe just not settled yet or would benefit for a lenghy run in his favoured position which seems to be central midfield - so little chance of him getting an extended run there!

You're the second person to have said that.

It wasn't just me then. The folk around me seemed to agree too. He wiped out Finnigan in the first half, then held back Moon (I think) in the second.

Edit: Found the other guy -

Was I the only one that thought Hardie was booked twice?

I give Derek until October to get this sorted....if not he's out! Support around me today are already restless.

Kicking the blaze and looking grumbly doesn't win games......

Edited by duncan08

Can anyone clear up the chalked off goal and Finnigans booking. I assume he put it in with his hand? I didn't get a clear view from my seat.

No it was because we aren't allowed to score goals. Finnigan had the audacity to put the ball in the net so he simply had to get booked. Was lucky not to get sent off actually...

I didn't see yesterdays game but did listen to the game on sportsound. Have seen the first two games live though.

Cannot believe some of our posters are calling for DM's sacking already. Was a really bad defeat yesterday but I have every faith that DM and the players will turn it around soon.

Sounds like some fine tuning required, also DM/GB need to get the finger out soon and invest in a winger/flair player which I think will gel the team. See Norov.. whatever his name is scored for Hearts yesterday !!!

Can anyone clear up the chalked off goal and Finnigans booking. I assume he put it in with his hand? I didn't get a clear view from my seat.

I thought he would have been off as it was so obvious. I know it happened quickly but can't believe some people never saw it, like my mate.

Sheridan looked bored yesterday and like he dosent want to be at mcdiarmid. I am willing to admIt that his interview where he said he had no choice where he went may color my opinion but if he they player isn't interested get shot of him. Haber and sandazza should be the starting front 2 pairing in my opinion BUT without the service coming from behind them then why have 2 strikers on the pitch. Saints have some good players in tge midfield, but there dosent seem to be any fire in their bellies.

If the management cannot bring this out in them then it is perhaps time for a change. Del is an ok manger but sometimes a change is needed to freshen things up.

I didn't see yesterdays game but did listen to the game on sportsound. Have seen the first two games live though.

Cannot believe some of our posters are calling for DM's sacking already. Was a really bad defeat yesterday but I have every faith that DM and the players will turn it around soon.

Sounds like some fine tuning required, also DM/GB need to get the finger out soon and invest in a winger/flair player which I think will gel the team. See Norov.. whatever his name is scored for Hearts yesterday !!!

Yes it was a really bad defeat, but the players cant turn it around as at the moment they are lacking in confidence and are not all clearly motivated.

Is it because of the negative defensive attitude by DM? Certainly, he has his favourites when he picks the team and some are not given their chance on merit, while others are clearly played out of position, too many in fact.

The whole purpose of pre-season is to get fit, match fit, then plan for your season ahead, 3 league games and were looking to fine tune? That does not make sense and if we need a winger/flair player, he should have been brought in by now and not panicked bought, like Sheridan, especially as what is available will now be limited.

Del has become dillusional in interviews, he has become tactifully awful and clearly makes the wrong substitutions, so it is clearly time for him to consider a change of location.

If you are worried about who could be brought in as a replacement, then think about..

Jim Jeffries, Kevin Ratcliffe, Colin Todd, Chris Sutton, Billy Davies, Mark McGhee, Jimmy Calderwood or Burley. Bring in Nicholl or Moore

Yes it was a really bad defeat, but the players cant turn it around as at the moment they are lacking in confidence and are not all clearly motivated.

Is it because of the negative defensive attitude by DM? Certainly, he has his favourites when he picks the team and some are not given their chance on merit, while others are clearly played out of position, too many in fact.

The whole purpose of pre-season is to get fit, match fit, then plan for your season ahead, 3 league games and were looking to fine tune? That does not make sense and if we need a winger/flair player, he should have been brought in by now and not panicked bought, like Sheridan, especially as what is available will now be limited.

Del has become dillusional in interviews, he has become tactifully awful and clearly makes the wrong substitutions, so it is clearly time for him to consider a change of location.

If you are worried about who could be brought in as a replacement, then think about..

Jim Jeffries, Kevin Ratcliffe, Colin Todd, Chris Sutton, Billy Davies, Mark McGhee, Jimmy Calderwood or Burley. Bring in Nicholl or Moore

Moore would be a good shout if McInnes fails to deliver by mid October and as long as we stuff the living daylights out of Livvi in the cup.