Here we go again

john1962

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not looking good, as I've said from the start of the season if I miss more than 3 games due to television changes, etc I will not be renewing next year.

These were my thoughts too. Doncaster wants fans back he says. The man is an absolute clown who is just making things worse. And I know the clubs need the money. Its his two facedness that angers me.

Not looking good, as I've said from the start of the season if I miss more than 3 games due to television changes, etc I will not be renewing next year.

Hearts games already out of the window and if the Celtic game is early kick-off, that'll be a minimum of two.

Why 3? You could miss 5 & be no worse off.

Aberdeen game is on the 1 day I already have plans for before xmas, decision to be made closer to the time.

If I have learnt to drive I can make the Aberdeen game, should be able to make it then, but all depends on what time I get home, any later than 6 and it's not even worth travelling, due to the traffic.

The Celtic game doesn't bother me, cause I'm free at the weekends, problem is I may have a nasty hangover and won't be in a good mood at the game.

Why 3? You could miss 5 & be no worse of

Likelyhood is like most, things such as weddings and holiday knock a game or two off what I can attend each season, so leaves less games to make ST worthwhile financially.

I dont like the principal of paying money for a product, for it to be changed several times after you've given over your money.

The spl must change or die.

Aberdeen have a good away following but how many will come to Perth on a cold dark November night.

I suppose it could have been worse they could have chosen Killie v Aberdeen.

With attendences falling they need to do something to attract customers not deter them.

Beggers believe.

Will still hit the home games -but the away games now seem to be less of an interest ....2 games a month can soon rack up about £120 (Bus/car/train wotever -Tickets /admission couple of beers and some food ).....Cheaper forking out £40 a month for the sky package and cheap booze from a supermarket along with the usual munchies ....

Your type of attitude is the problem with Scottish football, not television. If you miss 3 matches how much will you exactly be out of pocket?

I Wish people would stop this ill informed view that "Ooo sky is ruining our fitbaw"..... Tripe!!! Tv revenue is essential and its here to stay so get over it. Fans with attitudes like you are(along with other serious problems obviously).

Did you know that the Polish premier league(ekstraklasa) has reported a raise in season tickets sales....... This is in the same season that the Polish Fa announced that the premier league would span over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday in order to offer up two live tv matches per day.

Blame ticket prices, blame poor standard of football, blame lack of aspiration fuelled by a prolonged Rangers and Celtic dominance, blame the price of petrol and travel, blame the price of a matchday programme and pie, blame a lack of atmosphere..... But for god sake i'd be willing to be £20 or £40 out of pocket for the rest of my days in order to see my club survive and just to say I have supported them with a.season ticket for my whole life. You might disagree but its called being a football fan. Fanatic and passionate.

Your type of attitude is the problem with Scottish football, not television. If you miss 3 matches how much will you exactly be out of pocket?

I Wish people would stop this ill informed view that "Ooo sky is ruining our fitbaw"..... Tripe!!! Tv revenue is essential and its here to stay so get over it. Fans with attitudes like you are(along with other serious problems obviously).

Did you know that the Polish premier league(ekstraklasa) has reported a raise in season tickets sales....... This is in the same season that the Polish Fa announced that the premier league would span over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday in order to offer up two live tv matches per day.

Blame ticket prices, blame poor standard of football, blame lack of aspiration fuelled by a prolonged Rangers and Celtic dominance, blame the price of petrol and travel, blame the price of a matchday programme and pie, blame a lack of atmosphere..... But for god sake i'd be willing to be £20 or £40 out of pocket for the rest of my days in order to see my club survive and just to say I have supported them with a.season ticket for my whole life. You might disagree but its called being a football fan. Fanatic and passionate.

I'll be at both the games but surely you can understand why moving games to a Monday night might irk some fans?

If paying for two season tickets for the past 15 years makes me part of the problem I don't really have any hope for Scottish football. I really don't need to justify "my attitude" when it comes to supporting my club. The club would still get my £20 odd quid on a matchday, just not in a lump sum.

Blame ticket prices, blame poor standard of football, blame lack of aspiration fuelled by a prolonged Rangers and Celtic dominance, blame the price of petrol and travel, blame the price of a matchday programme and pie, blame a lack of atmosphere..... But for god sake i'd be willing to be £20 or £40 out of pocket for the rest of my days in order to see my club willing to survive and just to say I have supported them with a.season ticket for my whole life. You might disagree but its called being a football fan. Fanatic and passionate.

Just because your circumstances allow it it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat. The SPL and perhaps people like you need to join the twenty first century. There is competition out there. Your lack of willingness to accept the current situation is an example of why the game is dying on its feet. Nowadays fans need something more than blind passion to attend games. There is much more competition as well as an economy thats ****ed. Limited disposal income means that most are much more selective in looking for value for their money.

If I can afford it and work allows it I will attend every game but because I am stupid and willing to pay over the top for a sub standard product, possibly the only product that expects this kind of blind commitment, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to.

The game is dying, the facts are out there for anyone to see, and until the clowns in charge start to realise that they have to sell the product then attendances will continue to fall.

Modernise or Die!!!

Rant over!

Edited by john1962

Just because your circumstances allow it it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat. The SPL and perhaps people like you need to join the twenty first century. There is competition out there. Your lack of willingness to accept the current situation is an example of why the game is dying on its feet. Nowadays fans need something more than blind passion to attend games. There is much more competition as well as an economy thats ****ed. Limited disposal income means that most are much more selective in looking for value for their money.

If I can afford it and work allows it I will attend every game but because I am stupid and willing to pay over the top for a sub standard product, possibly the only product that expects this kind of blind commitment, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to.

The game is dying, the facts are out there for anyone to see, and until the clowns in charge start to realise that they have to sell the product then attendances will continue to fall.

Modernise or Die!!!

Rant over!

Surely putting games on Friday nights, Sundays, Mondays, early kick-offs etc is an attempt to modernise? Not everyone is free every Saturday at 3pm.

We need the money from Tv so we can't have it both ways. Otherwise it will be part-time 1st Division & lower but at least people will get their beloved 3pm kick-offs.

Surely putting games on Friday nights, Sundays, Mondays, early kick-offs etc is an attempt to modernise? Not everyone is free every Saturday at 3pm.

We need the money from Tv so we can't have it both ways. Otherwise it will be part-time 1st Division & lower but at least people will get their beloved 3pm kick-offs.

I know that for many years, because of playing football, I was unable to go regularly to see Saints on a Saturday afternoon. The odd match played at a different time was therefore a good thing for me.

However, how many people that play football on a Saturday would go to more games if they were played on Fridays / Sundays / Mondays or whatever is uncertain these days, due to the points discussed - cost / lack of entertainment / out of the habit etc etc.

Personally, I would keep the majority of games on a Saturday, but programme in more Wednesday night games and align those midweek games with fixtures that don't mean too much travel time for away fans. Forget Fridays, Sundays and Mondays. Saturdays and Wednesdays would be the football days. Of course, Aberdeen and Caley are always going to be a bit of a problem in that respect

Oh, and f**k the telly games....the short term gain of tv money is killing the long term survival of the game. If there has to be telly games, then change the stupid rule of not being able to show a game live when other games are being played. It makes no difference...a Killie fan is not going to stay away from their game v Dundee Utd because Motherwell v Rangers is on the telly at the same time. The fans of the tv game may stay away and prefer to watch at home, but that would be the case anyway, regardless of the day / time it was played - in fact, they are perhaps more likely to go along, as they like going to football on a Saturday afternoon - it is when the game is televised on a Monday night that they decide to just stay at home and watch it

Edited by Edstar101

The Televised game might offset some of the clubs losses -but once again its the Armchair fans who will benefit -

We will lose money on this, less Aberdeen fans, less catering etc. it can be balanced with prize money at the end of the season. Every game could be picked or none and we would still get the prize money, which makes up 25% of our turnover.

When was the last Saints away game that was on live TV. I can think of one Aberdeen game but apart from that its always home games. is this always going to be the case with a club our size?

I know that for many years, because of playing football, I was unable to go regularly to see Saints on a Saturday afternoon. The odd match played at a different time was therefore a good thing for me.

However, how many people that play football on a Saturday would go to more games if they were played on Fridays / Sundays / Mondays or whatever is uncertain these days, due to the points discussed - cost / lack of entertainment / out of the habit etc etc.

Personally, I would keep the majority of games on a Saturday, but programme in more Wednesday night games and align those midweek games with fixtures that don't mean too much travel time for away fans. Forget Fridays, Sundays and Mondays. Saturdays and Wednesdays would be the football days. Of course, Aberdeen and Caley are always going to be a bit of a problem in that respect

The prefect time for kick offs would be early evening on a Saturday night, which would allow those who play or a Saturday or those young students who stop coming to the games when they get a Saturday job to keep coming to the Saints games.

As a season ticket holder I now expect to miss 2 home games per season , its looking like it could be a lot more for me this year already due to outside events and unfortunately now they are moving the games I could attend rather than the games I was hoping would change. :roll: its sods law but I am happy to invest in my team each year.

In our group of season 5 ticket holders 3 only come to weekend games as one works in Aberdeen until 6pm each day, another stays out of Perthshire and another cannot make mid week games as his wife works evenings and he stays at home to look after his kids. Last season was a write of for these fans and I can understand why when money is tight some may not renew their ticket.

Would having SPL games spread over the whole weekend work?

How many people will want to watch all 6 SPL games, Doing something like this would kill the away support and make the game more like the North American sports for home fans only.

Edited by Real Madrid