lomas cautioned by police

dublin saint

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it appears that Thomson saw the hand gesture and advised the ref who on Thomsons advice dealt with it by a verbal warning. Therefore no more action form the SFA unless the compliance officer gets a complaint from someone and they use video evidence. Whats the chances that a Rangers fan reports him.

I am Confused.com - every report I saw yesterday said it was all down to the police and nothing to do with the match officials who either didn't see it or chose to ignore it:?

- and there was one nugget who was almost over the barrier making signs at Saints fans. They ignored him for 10 full minutes of what was deliberately provocative behaviour. Shameful bias in the way they police that place.

That guy was a complete idiot and the police turned a complete blind eye to him even when their attention was drawn to him. It seemed the police were just there to watch the Saints fans. A chap in front of me was getting rather high levels of surveillance on his hand gestures to the Rangers fans :)

Interesting. Neil Lennon can stand on the sidelines and call the referee a cheating fu*king **** *** *** *** *** ***** **** *** *** fu*ker and nothing happens. Steve Lomas simply puts a few of those comments into a hand gesture and all of a sudden the police step in? I'd much rather someone raised a one finger salute than stood on the sideline like a maniac spitting with rage turning the air blue.

At the end of the day it was stupid but he's a young manager and hopefully he'll learn to reign it in a bit. If he does it again and again (like Lennon) then fair enough punish him.

When did Lennon do this, I must've missed it and Lennon hasn't done it again and again, if you're looking for a persistant offender who doesn't get punished, then look to the north, Mr Terry Butcher, yet again a poster on WAP who doesn't deal with facts :roll:

When did Lennon do this, I must've missed it and Lennon hasn't done it again and again, if you're looking for a persistant offender who doesn't get punished, then look to the north, Mr Terry Butcher, yet again a poster on WAP who doesn't deal with facts :roll:

Lets get a lip reader in to watch cuddly Neil Lennon every saturday afternoon why don't we? With his face bright red, saliva firing out his mouth like tornados and a face pitted with rage. I can only imagine the loving words of encouragement he's embracing the referee with.

Lets get a lip reader in to watch cuddly Neil Lennon every saturday afternoon why don't we? With his face bright red, saliva firing out his mouth like tornados and a face pitted with rage. I can only imagine the loving words of encouragement he's embracing the referee with.

Ahh another sucker who is spoon fed from the media I see, yes he argues about decisions that go against his team, but is he the only one?

Apparently, Lomas being new to Strathclyde area, gave a signal that was not recognised by the match Commander as being of masonic significance and therefore reported him to the match officials. :laugh::laugh:

Was that similar to the "gesture" given by that poor-unfortunate Saint fan who was ejaculated from the ground.

A wee gathering of the Saints clan apparently:)before and after the match hopefully,you going by train Dr?
I will be going Scotrail on the 8.48 direct going through the kingdom.Quick breakfast at Spoonies on Rose/George Street then up the Poly for opening time.My new non alcohol regime will still be in place,though and I'm going to try these 0% Becks blue labels for the train as they re meant to be quite nice:wink:.Looking forward to a great day.

Thought the Glasgow police did themselves a disservice yesterday. The way they stand and watch offensive gestures, chants and ugly behaviour from the home fans and then turn on the small group of visiting fans makes you question whether they even care that much about the law. I stayed until the very end to clap the team - good to see Jody come back from the bench all the way to the Saintees - and there was one nugget who was almost over the barrier making signs at Saints fans. They ignored him for 10 full minutes of what was deliberately provocative behaviour. Shameful bias in the way they police that place.

Well made point SS. I commented on this in another thread. The same thing happened at Parkhead, stewards and Police showing quasi threatening behaviour while the home fans spend most of the game gesticulating and behaving as if they have St. Vitus dance: instead of sitting on their backside.

Not really sure who we would speak to about it?