lomas cautioned by police

dublin saint

Steve Lomas will be missing from the dugout for Saturday’s game against Hearts at Tynecastle.

The club was contacted by the SFA’s Judicial Panel following our game against Rangers at Ibrox on 19th November regarding a report of alleged misconduct by the new Saints Manager which was brought to their attention by the Police Match Commander.

The Club was offered the opportunity for the manager to attend a hearing or accept a one match ban.

Although the Club is disappointed that this incident has reached the Judicial Panel, it has chosen to accept the one match ban.

The SFA and the SPL for that matter really are hypocrtical scum.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Lomas will be missing from the dugout for Saturday’s game against Hearts at Tynecastle.

The club was contacted by the SFA’s Judicial Panel following our game against Rangers at Ibrox on 19th November regarding a report of alleged misconduct by the new Saints Manager which was brought to their attention by the Police Match Commander.

The Club was offered the opportunity for the manager to attend a hearing or accept a one match ban.

Although the Club is disappointed that this incident has reached the Judicial Panel, it has chosen to accept the one match ban.

I honestly cannot get my head around this. Has football got to the stage whereby managers are not allowed to swear or make hand gestures? Its crazy and Strathclyde Police should be ashamed of themselves. If this is the route we are going down then there is going to be managers sitting in stands up and down the country every week! The Police demand respect, but actions like this are absoloute lunancy and make a total mockery of them.

If I were Steve Brown and the board of directors Im not so sure I would be so accepting of this. It says in the statement that the club are dissapointed and I understand that they probably do not want to go to the expense of appealing the decision, however I personally would be fighting this to the end. Its not just the touchline Lomas is banned from, he is not allowed in the dressingroom for the hour before the game and at half time, so its fair to say this could have a serious impact on our preparations on Saturday.

The lunatics truely are running the asylum!

I honestly cannot get my head around this. Has football got to the stage whereby managers are not allowed to swear or make hand gestures? Its crazy and Strathclyde Police should be ashamed of themselves. If this is the route we are going down then there is going to be managers sitting in stands up and down the country every week! The Police demand respect, but actions like this are absoloute lunancy and make a total mockery of them.

If I were Steve Brown and the board of directors Im not so sure I would be so accepting of this. It says in the statement that the club are dissapointed and I understand that they probably do not want to go to the expense of appealing the decision, however I personally would be fighting this to the end. Its not just the touchline Lomas is banned from, he is not allowed in the dressingroom for the hour before the game and at half time, so its fair to say this could have a serious impact on our preparations on Saturday.

The lunatics truely are running the asylum!

The cynics amongst us would struggle to fathom that this is the same judiciary panel that cleared Garry O'Connor of cheating recently.

OFFS - OK let's all claim that so and so did an offensive gesture or use a wee swearie that offends me. Did he say 'Oh Christ'? well as a Wee Free I find that incredibly offensive - using the Lord's name in vain. So Strathclyde Polis are going to arbitrate about what is reasonably offensive or unreasonably offensive. BTW I'm not really a WF.

That fat F***ing pig from Strathclyde polis has gone and got Lomas band from the game at Tynecastle? What a joke, the linesman said he wasn’t bothered and the SFA said it would go no further but this fat pr1ck appears to have a vendetta against Lomas and pushed a ban through. Surely it should be up to the SFA to deal with these matters and not some moron that’s so bored he has to make something out of nothing. Jeez, it’s not as if he was standing there signing the sash while burning a 10ft cross and p1ssing on the star of david!!!

Rant over!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Angry.

I wish someone would come out and clearly state what it was, that the Judicial Panel deemed to be so offensive, to merit a one game touchline ban.

What was the language/hand signal used that offended ONLY the match Commander.

Where I was in the corner of the stadium, there was one numpty to my left in the Rangers section who continually stood up and was directing V signs at the Saints support,

without any action being taken against this individual.

One law for them another for us.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
I wish someone would come out and clearly state what it was, that the Judicial Panel deemed to be so offensive, to merit a one game touchline ban.

What was the language/hand signal used that offended ONLY the match Commander.

Where I was in the corner of the stadium, there was one numpty to my left in the Rangers section who continually stood up and was directing V signs at the Saints support,

without any action being taken against this individual.

One law for them another for us.

On his left hand he made a circle with his thumb and index finger, he then poked the index finger from his right hand through said circle repeatedly.