Who supports who?

Edstar101

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, course they do. Hardly any kids in Ireland support Celtic, how stupid of me:roll::roll::roll:

Well, if you are going to set yourself up....

Unfortunately, like a stopped clock, Fair Albert Openshaw is right on occasion. The vast majority of folk who would have any interest in "our" football would follow an english team, predominantly Man U & Liverpool. You would find a spurs, leeds, arsenal or sunderland fan before you found a celtic fan.

trust me, old firm "fans" care more about the troubles in Ireland than the average Irish football fan cares about the OF. There is less talk in Dublin about "Rangers v Celtic" match than there is in perth.

And as for kids from Cavan who played GAA, I would be surprised if he was aware of celtic before age 12-14

Unfortunately, like a stopped clock, Fair Albert Openshaw is right on occasion. The vast majority of folk who would have any interest in "our" football would follow an english team, predominantly Man U & Liverpool. You would find a spurs, leeds, arsenal or sunderland fan before you found a celtic fan.

trust me, old firm "fans" care more about the troubles in Ireland than the average Irish football fan cares about the OF. There is less talk in Dublin about "Rangers v Celtic" match than there is in perth.

And as for kids from Cavan who played GAA, I would be surprised if he was aware of celtic before age 12-14

At 12-14 are they not still kids? You are of course correct about who cares more about the troubles in Ireland, but that's not what this discussion was about - it was about which team our players may support. I said Cillian supported Celtic for 2 reasons - he played for them and he has said Celtic in the past when asked the question. Nothing to do with where he was brought up.

Similarly, when I said there would be Celtic supporting kids in Ireland, I didn't mention the troubles - merely that some kids in Ireland would be Celtic fans. I stand by this belief.

Funny you should say that,I met a guy a few years ago who came from near Belfast to live in Perth .He introduced himself as ***!.I said to him as an ice breaker kind of thing-"***?That name must have went down a storm in Belfast"And Laughed- He looked me straight in the eye puzzled and said "I haven't got the foggiest what your talking about pal"Turns out it in not a term used there but you here it here all the time!!

Funny you should say that,I met a guy a few years ago who came from near Belfast to live in Perth .He introduced himself as ***!.I said to him as an ice breaker kind of thing-"***?That name must have went down a storm in Belfast"And Laughed- He looked me straight in the eye puzzled and said "I haven't got the foggiest what your talking about pal"Turns out it in not a term used there but you here it here all the time!!

everybody knows that

should have called you *** then. nice but dim

At 12-14 are they not still kids? You are of course correct about who cares more about the troubles in Ireland, but that's not what this discussion was about - it was about which team our players may support. I said Cillian supported Celtic for 2 reasons - he played for them and he has said Celtic in the past when asked the question. Nothing to do with where he was brought up.

Similarly, when I said there would be Celtic supporting kids in Ireland, I didn't mention the troubles - merely that some kids in Ireland would be Celtic fans. I stand by this belief.

not true, your original post suggested that Cillian must be a Sellick fan, because he is Irish, and all Irish people support them. (thats what i read into your comments) I merely replied that the vast majority of folks over here really dont give a damn about sellick, the old firm and scottish football.

If Cillian "supports" them cos they were his first club, then fair play to him.

while I would love lots of our players to be Saints fans, it disnnae always follow that if you support the club you will be a good/great player for them. So, without going off on one, I couldn't give 4XXXX who Saints players supported as a lad (or still does) as long as they give their all in a Saints strip.

COYS

Met Alan many times, and Luggy a few, they are arabs, big time! Indeed it is a matter of public record. Fran was part of the Cup winning team and has never hidden his affection for the club, that could change....... if you could furnish him with a similar memory........

yer sounding more and more like gort.

Met Alan many times, and Luggy a few, they are arabs, big time! Indeed it is a matter of public record. Fran was part of the Cup winning team and has never hidden his affection for the club, that could change....... if you could furnish him with a similar memory........

When Francisco Jose Sandaza Asensio (or 'Fsandaza' as shirt printers everywhere know him) was a young boy kicking a football around on the back streets of sunny Toledo, he could often be heard telling friends that Dundee United was the only team he ever wanted to play for. Fact.

Albert? has this not been proven before, that I'am not this Albert character, very tiresome going on about someone who was on here years ago, can you guys not change the record, oh and btw thank you for backing up my point, but I knew I was right just a dullard took exception to me being right yet again:cool:

Albert? has this not been proven before, that I'am not this Albert character, very tiresome going on about someone who was on here years ago, can you guys not change the record, oh and btw thank you for backing up my point, but I knew I was right just a dullard took exception to me being right yet again:cool:

OOh scratch yer eyes out. As I said previously, I said Cillian supported Celtic for 2 reasons.

1. He played for them

2. He has said Celtic is "his" team.

At no point did I say him being Irish had anything to do with it.

And there is no need for name-calling - it's not big and it's not clever.:roll: