#20 - 13/12/12 - Saints 1-2 Aberdeen - SPL

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this is our first bad patch of the season, we played crap. SO What

In lomas we trust

MAybe we could get the players going by generating a tiny bit of an atmosphere at mcdiarmid. are fans are the laughing stock of the spl. Fourth in the league and we cant get 3000? Thats crap. Forget about the players cos Under 3000 is crap

Genuinely interested in your reasons for using the term 'gutless'. Do you mean a lack of effort? If so, what leads you to that conclusion?

We stood back and looked afraid to tackle. We allowed them to boss the game and we lacked LEADERS on the pitch.

Hope that helps you understand my personal thoughts..

Guys, this is our first bad patch of the season, we played crap. SO What

In lomas we trust

MAybe we could get the players going by generating a tiny bit of an atmosphere at mcdiarmid. are fans are the laughing stock of the spl. Fourth in the league and we cant get 3000? Thats crap. Forget about the players cos Under 3000 is crap

It was under 2000 ,1600

A week ago there were several posters on here saying not to get carried away about Europe etc and I thought it was petty that they weren't letting people enjoy it. Now I can see exactly what they meant. The exact same people that were so excited after a few good results are the same ones completely over-reacting tonight. Yes we were poor, but this blip was always going to happen.

The conditions were appaling and while we didn't adapt to them brilliantly we still deserved something from the game.

Also thought Muzza was our best player today so don't know what game others were watching.

A week ago there were several posters on here saying not to get carried away about Europe etc and I thought it was petty that they weren't letting people enjoy it. Now I can see exactly what they meant. The exact same people that were so excited after a few good results are the same ones completely over-reacting tonight. Yes we were poor, but this blip was always going to happen.

The conditions were appaling and while we didn't adapt to them brilliantly we still deserved something from the game.

Also thought Muzza was our best player today so don't know what game others were watching.

Muzz was good in the first half but I genuinely only remember him missing a sitter in the second. Completely fell out the game.

Well the curse of the rearranged match hits us again! Really dissapointing display and as someone said on the radio there was always going to be a costly mistake coming from Enks at some point. At the start of the season we all talked about how this was one of the best saints squads in years. The fact is that our second choice players simply aren't good enough and we just haven't coped with the loss of key players. Mcracken is apoor mans Wright and I just don't rate either Parkin or Finnigan.

Yeah the weather was crap tonight but the punts from the back were dire. Our decision making in the final third was awful. Why oh why craig opted to cross the ball instead of shoot and then MD's indecision spoiled a great opportunity.

It was perhaps unfortunate for us that we caught Aberdeen on a night when they were organised without being anything particularly special. I feel really gutted tonight but am not going to over react. I would bet money that we will put in a much better performance against Celtic and surely Frankie will be ready for then. How much stick would we all have given Lomas if he he played him early and something similar happened as with Cillian? I don't think tonights game would have suited Sandazza anyway.

On a side note can't believe people are reading so much into tonights attendance as the weather was totally ridiculous. I had to move part of a tree on my way home tonight. Why do people judge people for not attending when its clearly dangerous driving conditions for saints fans who have to travel to perth?

On a side note can't believe people are reading so much into tonights attendance as the weather was totally ridiculous. I had to move part of a tree on my way home tonight. Why do people judge people for not attending when its clearly dangerous driving conditions for saints fans who have to travel to perth?

We struggle to get 3000 on a warm summers day so asking people to go and sit in that.I applaud the fans for travelling and turning up and the guys on the radio said as much.Aberdeen fans were told not to travel and probably had their worst support at McD ever.In fact every opposition team this season has had their worst support to visit McD so no disgrace.Times are changing and the SFA,SPL and the clubs have to do something to get punters back through the door before its too late.

Well the curse of the rearranged match hits us again! Really dissapointing display and as someone said on the radio there was always going to be a costly mistake coming from Enks at some point. At the start of the season we all talked about how this was one of the best saints squads in years. The fact is that our second choice players simply aren't good enough and we just haven't coped with the loss of key players. Mcracken is apoor mans Wright and I just don't rate either Parkin or Finnigan.

Yeah the weather was crap tonight but the punts from the back were dire. Our decision making in the final third was awful. Why oh why craig opted to cross the ball instead of shoot and then MD's indecision spoiled a great opportunity.

It was perhaps unfortunate for us that we caught Aberdeen on a night when they were organised without being anything particularly special. I feel really gutted tonight but am not going to over react. I would bet money that we will put in a much better performance against Celtic and surely Frankie will be ready for then. How much stick would we all have given Lomas if he he played him early and something similar happened as with Cillian? I don't think tonights game would have suited Sandazza anyway.

Sounds like a fair summary.

Newsflash-

You are still 4th, your manager is still getting to know his squad. It was terrible conditions to play/watch. No squad in the SPL could lose the quality of Morris, Sandaza, Sheridan and Wright without a malfunction, no reason whatever, that with those players back you cannot continue with the (high) standards you have set. lomas will be learning about his squad with each passing day and he possibly learned a thing or two about his squad tonight!

cheer up! st Johnstone don't get many seasons like this one, enjoy! tis the season to be jolly! :wink:

We struggle to get 3000 on a warm summers day so asking people to go and sit in that.I applaud the fans for travelling and turning up and the guys on the radio said as much.Aberdeen fans were told not to travel and probably had their worst support at McD ever.In fact every opposition team this season has had their worst support to visit McD so no disgrace.Times are changing and the SFA,SPL and the clubs have to do something to get punters back through the door before its too late.

i agree.i do feel however our 'support' has dwindled more than most ,well it seems that way.

Totally agree. I really dont see the point in people who go to the games moaning about those who don't and the lack of atmosphere there is, it just puts everyone on a downer. Those who do go just need to accept that we live in changed times and make more effort to create an atmosphere themselves!

Not going to comment on the game as I only listened to it but we seem to bottle it at home and show more hunger and commitment away from home.Its so strange to see too very different teams from the home one to the away one.

Aberdeen had an experienced manager who knew how to play the conditions.I think its that plain and simple.I was expecting a backlash in the second half but by the sounds of things we just did the same thing as the first,without success.

Just hope it ain't 3 home games,3 defeats in a row.Now that will be hard to bare.

COYS

i agree.i do feel however our 'support' has dwindled more than most ,well it seems that way.

You have to ask why has it dwindled? Mmmmm people do not have money to spare if they have families, near £100 to go a game on a Saturday if you have kids, shit quality of games in SPL, SFL. Having been down to London not that long ago paid £94 for 2x tickets for an Arsenal game at the Emirates, that was fantastic, great atmosphere, comfy stadia, a pint inside the stadium. Bring back a standing area for fans & for f*ck sake lower the admission prices, I watched it on TV tonight because a week & a halfish before Crimble I cannot afford to pay what Saints are wanting for a game on Tuesday night for me, my partner & my daughter to go to......

C'mon Stephen Brown lower the prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a wee Scan of previous posts and will look properly tommorow but for now two comments

Murray Davidson-Easily our best player tonight and my man of the match!ok he missed an absolute sitter, but we all know he can’t finish. He tackled hard, fought hard and passed well.

Do some people watch the same game?

Peter Enckleman-OK he made a couple of errors but just a few weeks ago he was a hero,Calls for him to be dropped are Knee Jerk!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

We stood back and looked afraid to tackle. We allowed them to boss the game and we lacked LEADERS on the pitch.

Without Cillian, Fran and Jody the rest of the players lose their swagger. They seem to lose belief in the idea that they are actually a good side.

Guys like Frazer Wright, Jody Morris, Cillian Sheridan and Fran Sandaza ooze charisma(whether you agree with any of their football abilities or not) and it rubs off on the others.

Four massive massive losses at the moment, football is a squad game no doubt, but you need your class acts out on the pitch or the whole thing falls apart.

Funny choice of words. Team you wear the shirt of. Team you are a fan of perhaps. Support doesn't involve a barrage of negative abuse.

No it doesnt but it's sometimes deserved and tonight critisism was deserved. Never really looked like a team and more like 11 individuals trying to play their own game. Don't think we can blame weather or injuries, both these things happen in football and have to be dealt with. We should still be able to perform when they do happen. Always seems to be a list of excuses when a defeat comes our way rather than accepting we were very poor. But i guess thats critisism and we're fans so we're not allowed to say that...

Sounds like a fair summary.

Newsflash-

You are still 4th, your manager is still getting to know his squad. It was terrible conditions to play/watch. No squad in the SPL could lose the quality of Morris, Sandaza, Sheridan and Wright without a malfunction, no reason whatever, that with those players back you cannot continue with the (high) standards you have set. lomas will be learning about his squad with each passing day and he possibly learned a thing or two about his squad tonight!

cheer up! st Johnstone don't get many seasons like this one, enjoy! tis the season to be jolly! :wink:

Best post on the whole thread.

It was a poor result and a poor performance tonight, but such a negative reaction is unbelievable. We are sitting FOURTH in the SPL, 4 points clear of 5th. We're occupying a European spot too. We're missing 7 or 8 players (missing from the squad tonight were Moon, Morris, Adams, Wright, Higgins, Sandaza, Sheridan and Higgins - thats without mentioning the likes of Caddis, Gartland and May) and Parkin played his first 90 minutes in 11 months. The conditions were absolutely horrendous, making the game a total lottery (something we took advantage of against Hibs just a couple of weeks ago) and the manager probably picked the best team he could with the constraints we're currently under.

I really think people need to look at the bigger picture sometimes. That win against Hearts 10 days ago was one of my favourite ever away days supporting the club. To be honest, reading all this negative nonsense tonight, so soon after that, really leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. I hope Lomas doesn't read the forum, because he'll be wondering what he's got himself in for.