Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Raith Rovers

As a result of the participation of one of our Directors on an SFA panel, this football club finds itself now having to contend with various threats in the form of emails and telephone calls, during the build-up to an important SFL league match.

The Board at RRFC will have to consider why we should be subject to additional costs in support of a battle which has nothing to do with the football club. We may well be viewed as ‘collateral damage’ in the wider debate re the future of one of the country’s larger footballing institutions, but we are nevertheless heartily sickened by what has happened this week.

This Board now looks to the footballing authorities to defuse the current mayhem and allow this football club – and no doubt others – to get back to business as usual.

Turnbull Hutton

Vice-Chairman

Raith Rovers Football Club

Saddest part of this unholy mess is that Rangers fans are advocating boycotting the Thunder Bar in Kirkcaldy because they sponsor two Raith Rovers under 19s. Pathetic.

It's getting past a joke isn't it?

You turn from the Rangers nonsense and look to Celtic for some morale guidance, something to raise Scottish football from the sewer...and get Lennon.

Wee clubs being terrorised.

Feckin loonys trying to kill a football manager cos he's the wrong kind of Christian.

The administrators of Rangers completely on another planet. Who are they working for (aye right).

Sandaza.

Christ.

Anyone for cricket?

I've said before on this forum that real football is 22 6 year olds kicking feck out of each other on a dog-shit covered park in the back end of nowhere. Any one of them would deserve more respect right now.

It's getting past a joke isn't it?

You turn from the Rangers nonsense and look to Celtic for some morale guidance, something to raise Scottish football from the sewer...and get Lennon.

Wee clubs being terrorised.

Feckin loonys trying to kill a football manager cos he's the wrong kind of Christian.

The administrators of Rangers completely on another planet. Who are they working for (aye right).

Sandaza.

Christ.

Anyone for cricket?

I've said before on this forum that real football is 22 6 year olds kicking feck out of each other on a dog-shit covered park in the back end of nowhere. Any one of them would deserve more respect right now.

well come along to powrie park on sunday morning and you'll see just that ( except they will be 11/12 year olds and only 14 of them )

well come along to powrie park on sunday morning and you'll see just that ( except they will be 11/12 year olds and only 14 of them )

errr well mate, if I went now, with my laddies grown up, I'd be on the sex register quicker than openshaw says everyone hates us. Bought the tee-shirt, been there and every other shit-covered park in south Perthshire with two laddies who suffered from the delusion they could play footy.

they couldn't.

but you can't tell them that, can you.

But it was great seeing them try. But my day is gone - anyone of you who doesn't crawl out of bed on a Saturday to drive the laddies around and watch them lose 10 - 0 to the Fair****upem Scouts 11 is not a footy fan.

You'll probably gather I'm with the reform from the grass roots brigade.

errr well mate, if I went now, with my laddies grown up, I'd be on the sex register quicker than openshaw says everyone hates us. Bought the tee-shirt, been there and every other shit-covered park in south Perthshire with two laddies who suffered from the delusion they could play footy.

they couldn't.

but you can't tell them that, can you.

But it was great seeing them try. But my day is gone - anyone of you who doesn't crawl out of bed on a Saturday to drive the laddies around and watch them lose 10 - 0 to the Fair****upem Scouts 11 is not a footy fan.

You'll probably gather I'm with the reform from the grass roots brigade.

Ah!! The memories.......I've been there as well.

Almost brought a tear to my eye reading that post.

So a mass orange walk to hampden is on today.......F-c- me when will this pish end?? I tell you this it,s about time that those public voices that advocate an non old firm line, and non bbc glasgow pundit role ,start to take risks and unite to say enough is enough, and speak for the wee man.

This club has pissed on rules and the law for too long and they march like they have just came back from war and need our help to get back on the road to recovery.

No wonder i buggered off over here where fit,baw is bigger, more organised, and non conflict than you would ever beleive from top to bottom.

The scottish parliment passed laws on there vile songs,flags and chanting, will they be up there today envorcing the law? Like f-ck they will...

Nothing will ever change untill a united front is taken.

Who will be the one that can start this ? or did he start the other night!!!

I miss the wee mans views!

Edited by Hubands House

This articlie by Glenn Gibbon is in today's Scotsman. Brave piece.

Glenn Gibbons: McCoist and Smith fail to see true Ibrox saboteurs

Published on Saturday 28 April 2012 03:57

"""FOR someone who is possibly the oldest rookie manager in the history of the game, Ally McCoist this week gave a flawless impersonation of an impulsive, vengeful and nasty-minded adolescent.

Notoriety attached itself to the former striker with the suddenness and potential devastation of a pernicious virus the moment he demanded the release of the names of the three-man independent review panel who imposed sanctions on Rangers in accordance with the seriousness of the Ibrox club’s breaches of football’s regulations.

The suspicion that his disturbingly sinister outburst – “I want to know who these people are, Rangers supporters want to know who these people are” – was a prime example of premeditated mischief-making did not take long to harden into certainty. It came with the revelation of an SFA spokesperson that the supposedly bemused manager would undoubtedly already have known the identities of the judges, since Rangers had a representative attend the entire judicial proceedings.

At a stroke, McCoist’s long-established image as an ebullient and irrepressible charmer was transformed into a hideous representation of spiteful retribution. Nor did the damage inflicted on his own reputation come anywhere near to being undone by his declaration the following day that he was “disgusted” by the thought of any Rangers fan visiting abuse on the panel members and issuing threats against them and their families so distressing that the police began investigations with a view to criminal charges.

“I would not for one moment want anyone to interpret my remarks as a signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour,” he said. The picture of a stable door being bolted while, in the background, a horse at the gallop disappears over the horizon springs to mind.

It was noticeable, too, that McCoist’s attempt at a “rescue” did not even hint at the possibility of culpability on his part, far less an apology to the panellists and their distraught families.

He may be relatively inexperienced in his present post, but he has been in professional football for 33 years, all but a handful of them in association with Rangers. In the circumstances, he would, unquestionably, be perfectly aware of the potential for appalling behaviour among certain followers of the club.

If nothing else, he ought surely to have been familiar with the regularly-documented and legally-pursued instances of assaults, abuses, threats and attempts on the life of his rival at Celtic, Neil Lennon.

But McCoist’s injudiciousness simply chimes with the general transformation of Rangers over the past two decades from a trophy-gathering phenomenon into a magnet for bad management. The series of saboteurs ranges from David Murray, whose ego-driven excesses should be recognised as the single most significant factor in Rangers’ present predicament, through the questionable motives and actions of his successor, Craig Whyte, to the representatives of Duff & Phelps, now widely regarded as the most incompetent administrators ever to be charged with righting a listing football club.

Astoundingly, Murray seems still to command the loyalty of a reliable band of apologists, among whom his former manager, Walter Smith, may be understandably – and even forgivably – numbered.

But the attempts in certain quarters of the media to present a revisionist view of history – one in which Murray is totally exculpated in the matter of Rangers’ potentially fatal wounding – have been utterly shameless. It is as though the former owner/chairman, who is officially dead where football is concerned, continues to exert an influence on his former lapdogs from beyond the grave.

Smith’s recent exercise in condemning Whyte was such an example of unadulterated propaganda, complete with see-through inaccuracies, that it was easy to wonder if we were playing the old time machine game, returning to the Murray heyday.

Having expressed bewilderment over the speed with which Rangers seemed to have descended into penury, Smith insisted that he had, at the end of last season, left “a debt-free club” that was on a sound financial footing. Staggeringly, he insisted that the extravagances of the Murray tenure were an irrelevance.

“You can make your own judgment on what happened before,” said Smith, “but the fact is none of that mattered. In May of last year, all of that had disappeared.”

Well, all of it except the £18 million of bank debt that had been transferred to Whyte, the admitted £4.2 million bill known as the wee tax case, the millions owed to clubs in Scotland, England and Europe for a variety of reasons, plus a lengthy list of creditors from ancillary trades.

There was also, of course, the spectre of the big tax case, which could yield a further liability of upwards of £70 million.

To paraphrase John Cleese in Monty Python’s Life of Brian, “apart from that, what harm did David Murray ever do Rangers?”

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/glenn-gibbons-mccoist-and-smith-fail-to-see-true-ibrox-saboteurs-1-2261890

Published on Saturday 28 April 2012 03:57

"""FOR someone who is possibly the oldest rookie manager in the history of the game, Ally McCoist this week gave a flawless impersonation of an impulsive, vengeful and nasty-minded adolescent.

Notoriety attached itself to the former striker with the suddenness and potential devastation of a pernicious virus the moment he demanded the release of the names of the three-man independent review panel who imposed sanctions on Rangers in accordance with the seriousness of the Ibrox club’s breaches of football’s regulations.

The suspicion that his disturbingly sinister outburst – “I want to know who these people are, Rangers supporters want to know who these people are” – was a prime example of premeditated mischief-making did not take long to harden into certainty. It came with the revelation of an SFA spokesperson that the supposedly bemused manager would undoubtedly already have known the identities of the judges, since Rangers had a representative attend the entire judicial proceedings.

At a stroke, McCoist’s long-established image as an ebullient and irrepressible charmer was transformed into a hideous representation of spiteful retribution. Nor did the damage inflicted on his own reputation come anywhere near to being undone by his declaration the following day that he was “disgusted” by the thought of any Rangers fan visiting abuse on the panel members and issuing threats against them and their families so distressing that the police began investigations with a view to criminal charges.

“I would not for one moment want anyone to interpret my remarks as a signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour,” he said. The picture of a stable door being bolted while, in the background, a horse at the gallop disappears over the horizon springs to mind.

It was noticeable, too, that McCoist’s attempt at a “rescue” did not even hint at the possibility of culpability on his part, far less an apology to the panellists and their distraught families.

He may be relatively inexperienced in his present post, but he has been in professional football for 33 years, all but a handful of them in association with Rangers. In the circumstances, he would, unquestionably, be perfectly aware of the potential for appalling behaviour among certain followers of the club.

If nothing else, he ought surely to have been familiar with the regularly-documented and legally-pursued instances of assaults, abuses, threats and attempts on the life of his rival at Celtic, Neil Lennon.

But McCoist’s injudiciousness simply chimes with the general transformation of Rangers over the past two decades from a trophy-gathering phenomenon into a magnet for bad management. The series of saboteurs ranges from David Murray, whose ego-driven excesses should be recognised as the single most significant factor in Rangers’ present predicament, through the questionable motives and actions of his successor, Craig Whyte, to the representatives of Duff & Phelps, now widely regarded as the most incompetent administrators ever to be charged with righting a listing football club.

Astoundingly, Murray seems still to command the loyalty of a reliable band of apologists, among whom his former manager, Walter Smith, may be understandably – and even forgivably – numbered.

But the attempts in certain quarters of the media to present a revisionist view of history – one in which Murray is totally exculpated in the matter of Rangers’ potentially fatal wounding – have been utterly shameless. It is as though the former owner/chairman, who is officially dead where football is concerned, continues to exert an influence on his former lapdogs from beyond the grave.

Smith’s recent exercise in condemning Whyte was such an example of unadulterated propaganda, complete with see-through inaccuracies, that it was easy to wonder if we were playing the old time machine game, returning to the Murray heyday.

Having expressed bewilderment over the speed with which Rangers seemed to have descended into penury, Smith insisted that he had, at the end of last season, left “a debt-free club” that was on a sound financial footing. Staggeringly, he insisted that the extravagances of the Murray tenure were an irrelevance.

“You can make your own judgment on what happened before,” said Smith, “but the fact is none of that mattered. In May of last year, all of that had disappeared.”

Well, all of it except the £18 million of bank debt that had been transferred to Whyte, the admitted £4.2 million bill known as the wee tax case, the millions owed to clubs in Scotland, England and Europe for a variety of reasons, plus a lengthy list of creditors from ancillary trades.

There was also, of course, the spectre of the big tax case, which could yield a further liability of upwards of £70 million.

To paraphrase John Cleese in Monty Python’s Life of Brian, “apart from that, what harm did David Murray ever do Rangers?”

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/glenn-gibbons-mccoist-and-smith-fail-to-see-true-ibrox-saboteurs-1-2261890

A very good article and about the only truthful one to be published this week, I hear that some on Follow Follow have asking where they can get in touch with Mr Gibbons following this piece, unruly if true

I think those of us reading this post that are St Johnstone fans - the majority - should register a key moment in the club's history. Bristol City have avoided relagation thus triggering another payment to Saints for securing our former manager, Derek McInnes.

So we have now made more money trading amicably with Bristol City this season than we have from Rangers FC (IA).

Can I just say thanks to Bristol - Scottish football needs you - we would be lost without you. In fact if it was not for you our world would crumble. We would face a perilous future . We would never survive without your financial support. Please don't breakaway and move to England Bristol - we need you. :)

More mince.

Why is it, if you don't have anything to add to the topic, the don't bother posting, If Soulful had posted that you wouldn't have said "More mince" don't you believe after whats go on this week that the Rangers fans are capable of this, or do you just think that Gibbon's is talking shit? please leave a reply about the questions on topic

Anyone on here who has ever had the "pleasure" of being in Sandy "big shot" Jardine's company will know that he is an odious cretin of a man (unlike the vast majority of his former team-mates).

The masks are slipping now. The **** who always liked to come across as good guys like Jardine and McCoist are showing us what they're really like. Not that I was ever in doubt.

Anyone on here who has ever had the "pleasure" of being in Sandy "big shot" Jardine's company will know that he is an odious cretin of a man (unlike the vast majority of his former team-mates).

Was he not like that as a player as well? I'm too young to remember but I've been told he was a bit of a T.Watt back then. Contrast that with John Greig who is was a pretty decent guy when I met him a couple of years ago and by all accounts is like that all the time

I said something like that on Friday on this thread

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showpost.php?p=499960&postcount=1295

.......... and he's right it's totally amazing how the Rangers organised syndicate have distorted things for the image they want to portray. It's not fair on their supporters.

Think about this scenario: A Monaco Scene

Rangers directors/individuals meet with Craig Whyte. Everything is explained knowing Whyte's background in this area. The agreement is made formally or informally for a minimal fee of £1 and that the previous regime's reputation is left in tact. Whyte who has stuck to his side of the bargain by not mentioning anything about the last 10 years and so proceeded to then drive the company into Administration and accept the blame for a compensation of a few million £ sale of his shares by going for the voluntary method because all parties knew that the trading situation was inadequate and this was the only way out. HMRC instead forced the Administration. It wasn't a shock it was planned.

Just guessing .................

If Soulful had posted that you wouldn't have said "More mince" don't you believe after whats go on this week that the Rangers fans are capable of this, or do you just think that Gibbon's is talking shit? please leave a reply about the questions on topic

True but I don't make a habit of posting mince.

Today is going to be historic one way or another - either Rangers will move closer to being demoted/ punished or liquidated or huge compromises will be made that will challenge the integrity of the game. Sad but true.

Edited by soulfulsaint

True but I don't make a habit of posting mince.

Today is going to be historic one way or another - either Rangers will move closer to being demoted/ punsihed or liquidated or huge compromises will be made that will challenge the integrity of the game. Sad but true.

Duff and Phelps must be involved - the SPL are delaying making a decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17892984

I don't like this last bit:

Former SPL chief executive Roger Mitchell believes a solution will be eventually be found that keeps Rangers in the top flight.

He told BBC Radio Scotland: "The clubs vote principally through self-interest and they will all have had a word with their bank managers, who will have said 'whatever you do, make sure you still have revenue from a television deal and from Rangers fans coming through the turnstyles'.

"Rangers and Celtic basically finance the whole of the Scottish game.

"If you were looking at it on principal, Rangers should go to the Third Division if they go into liquidation, there is no doubt about that.

"However, it's 60 shades of grey in life, not black and white.

"And you can't expect clubs to shoot themselves in the foot. They would like to punish Rangers, their fans would love them to, but the real politic is that they are going to have to find a solution."