Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is logic in what he said. No club chairman amongst the 10 is going to vote to have a reduction in their TV and gate revenue. That is why an accommodation willl be found for Rangers.

It disgusts me though that our sporting principles get compromised by money. This is every bit as bad as those drug cheats Chambers and co. getting allowed to compete again.

It's pretty poor stuff really.

One thing that I thought about earlier is, however, based on the above. If Rangers are permitted, as a newco, to stay in the SPL, then clubs like Saints would undoubtedly be better off financially, at least in the short term. The long term would be something of an unknown in my opinion.

So we have two options emerging...

1) Rangers are liquidated and relegated to the 3rd division. Even fielding a team of youngsters, they will win about 8-0 every week (I've watched Montrose play this season!!:shock:), the fans will be cocky as hell that they were hard done to, and were they in the SPL they'd be winning. Apart from that, we would not see or hear from them. Not TV coverage, no radio coverage (after the first few novelty weeks). Once they were in the 1st division, all sanctions would be lifted, and they would stroll back into the SPL.

2) Rangers are liquidated, and a newco allowed straight into the SPL, where we can watch, and play a part in, their public humiliation from the sanctions proposed by the SFA. This will be televised, witnessed by millions and on the back pages of the papers every week. Rangers fans will have to face the shame of being totally crap, with no excuses. On top of this, the TV people will still pay to televise this, and the 'diddy wee clubs' will have more money. With the sanctions proposed, it is likely that there will be the promise of a second champions league spot to play for next season too!

Moral high ground aside, option 2 sounds quite appealing.

*awaits gunfire*

Rangers if Liquidated don't exist, never again. So the decision is - who are this new company and why would they be allowed to jump from nowhere into the SPL?

That's why Rangers are trying to stay alive and not pay the people they owe money to and that's why the meeting was adjourned today so as to give Rangers time this week for a resolution I think.

Whenever Roger Mitchell came on this morning I knew exactly what he was going to say. He wasn't great in his job and all sorts of problems came forth during his period in charge. He's not important.

I don't like this last bit:

Former SPL chief executive Roger Mitchell believes a solution will be eventually be found that keeps Rangers in the top flight.

He told BBC Radio Scotland: "The clubs vote principally through self-interest and they will all have had a word with their bank managers, who will have said 'whatever you do, make sure you still have revenue from a television deal and from Rangers fans coming through the turnstyles'.

"Rangers and Celtic basically finance the whole of the Scottish game.

"If you were looking at it on principal, Rangers should go to the Third Division if they go into liquidation, there is no doubt about that.

"However, it's 60 shades of grey in life, not black and white.

"And you can't expect clubs to shoot themselves in the foot. They would like to punish Rangers, their fans would love them to, but the real politic is that they are going to have to find a solution."

Looks like a nobrainer then.Plus SPL pospone todays meeting `til 7th May. Bottling or what.

The way this is being handled is a disgrace.

I don't give a feck about the loss of revenue and don't care if it means that every team has to tighten their belts (although the truth around the loss of revenue thing has been rubbished before - increased average gates etc etc). We are in a better position than most to deal with that...fairness and consistency must apply, regardless of the implications, and a newco 'Rangers' MUST be made to re-apply to enter Division 3. Sometimes things have to get worse than the current status before they can get better and eventually exceed that position

That would also show the likes of Jardine and various others than they can shove their thinly veiled threats right up their arse

I don't like this last bit:

Former SPL chief executive Roger Mitchell believes a solution will be eventually be found that keeps Rangers in the top flight.

He told BBC Radio Scotland: "The clubs vote principally through self-interest and they will all have had a word with their bank managers, who will have said 'whatever you do, make sure you still have revenue from a television deal and from Rangers fans coming through the turnstyles'.

"Rangers and Celtic basically finance the whole of the Scottish game.

"If you were looking at it on principal, Rangers should go to the Third Division if they go into liquidation, there is no doubt about that.

"However, it's 60 shades of grey in life, not black and white.

"And you can't expect clubs to shoot themselves in the foot. They would like to punish Rangers, their fans would love them to, but the real politic is that they are going to have to find a solution."

As the tv deal stands at the moment Rangers and Celtic get 80% of the money anyway.

The other 20% is divided up to the 10 remaining teams.Just say the figure saints get is £400000.I cant believe the SPL has nt asked SKY what would happen if Rangers do get liquidated,how much the new deal would be worth and if it would be distributed more fairly.

If this does happen will it be that far off the "figure" that we get at the moment and if Dundee are promoted then crowds for these games would be much the same as the crowd Rangers would bring and the home crowd would increase also.

There is logic in what he said. No club chairman amongst the 10 is going to vote to have a reduction in their TV and gate revenue. That is why an accommodation willl be found for Rangers.

It disgusts me though that our sporting principles get compromised by money. This is every bit as bad as those drug cheats Chambers and co. getting allowed to compete again.

Chambers admitted his guilt and served his ban.............Rangers have yet to demonstrate a shred of culpability, and have reacted with rage and resistance to every sanction placed against them.

It's pretty poor stuff really.

One thing that I thought about earlier is, however, based on the above. If Rangers are permitted, as a newco, to stay in the SPL, then clubs like Saints would undoubtedly be better off financially, at least in the short term. The long term would be something of an unknown in my opinion.

So we have two options emerging...

1) Rangers are liquidated and relegated to the 3rd division. Even fielding a team of youngsters, they will win about 8-0 every week (I've watched Montrose play this season!!:shock:), the fans will be cocky as hell that they were hard done to, and were they in the SPL they'd be winning. Apart from that, we would not see or hear from them. Not TV coverage, no radio coverage (after the first few novelty weeks). Once they were in the 1st division, all sanctions would be lifted, and they would stroll back into the SPL.

2) Rangers are liquidated, and a newco allowed straight into the SPL, where we can watch, and play a part in, their public humiliation from the sanctions proposed by the SFA. This will be televised, witnessed by millions and on the back pages of the papers every week. Rangers fans will have to face the shame of being totally crap, with no excuses. On top of this, the TV people will still pay to televise this, and the 'diddy wee clubs' will have more money. With the sanctions proposed, it is likely that there will be the promise of a second champions league spot to play for next season too!

Moral high ground aside, option 2 sounds quite appealing.

*awaits gunfire*

If this was case ( highlighted bit ), it would be because of rank stupidity for the SFL.. This could be great for the SFL. They could & should approach broadcasters offer every single Newco game for 3 / 4 years & SKY, ESPN, BBC, STV would probably pay them more money than they have had before. This gets split evenly between that league, invested in infrastructure, help clubs clear debts through running costs.

It could and should be a godsend.

If this was case ( highlighted bit ), it would be because of rank stupidity for the SFL.. This could be great for the SFL. They could & should approach broadcasters offer every single Newco game for 3 / 4 years & SKY, ESPN, BBC, STV would probably pay them more money than they have had before. This gets split evenly between that league, invested in infrastructure, help clubs clear debts through running costs.

I agree. Could se BBC ALba creaming themselves. They alreday get a major viewing spike for time-shifted SPL games - say St Mirren v ICT so a Newco Rangers games would be an armchair gloryhunter's dream.

Chambers admitted his guilt and served his ban.............Rangers have yet to demonstrate a shred of culpability, and have reacted with rage and resistance to every sanction placed against them.

Chambers didn't serve his ban. The BOA banned him for life, and the scumbag got the Court of Arbitration for Sport to overturn it.

I do agree with you, although i still wonder if the novelty of Rangers winning against teams massively inferior to them every single week would wear off quite quickly.

In my opinion, it would be entertaining for the first half a dozen games or so, and become mildly entertaining again once they hit the 1st division, although I think they would still win it very very comfortably indeed. I'm just not sure it would make good TV.

The BBC Alba comment is closer to the mark for me. I can't see SKY or ESPN being remotely interested.

IF it was my club going through all this shit - i would be pissed off with the Administrators ( who seem to be the only ones earning money from it) in the fact that

There are 2 offers on the table.......The supporters only trust one of them - so why not sell now and let them get on with it.