Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It ain't subsiding:

<B> Rangers' SFA membership hopes hanging in the balance </B>

By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

A stand-off over media rights and a possible stripping of titles threatens to scupper Rangers' hopes of Scottish Football Association membership.

The SFA said on Friday that the new Rangers agreed to a transfer embargo in return for a license to play.

BBC Scotland understands two obstacles remain before a deal can be agreed.

Rangers want the Scottish Premier League to drop their investigation into dual contracts and the SPL want the SFL to hand over Rangers' media rights.

There must be a five-way agreement between the SFA, SPL, Scottish Football League, old Rangers and new Rangers before any deal is ratified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18941515

They have to stop messing about and simply get them "TELT".

This is what's gonna happen. No negotiation, no ifs, no buts...

And if they don't like it and accept it? Then a simple cheerio, shut the door on yer way out.

Everyone is now sick to death of all this crap. Lets concentrate on the fitba

One way or another, END IT NOW!!!!!!!

They have to stop messing about and simply get them "TELT".

This is what's gonna happen. No negotiation, no ifs, no buts...

And if they don't like it and accept it? Then a simple cheerio, shut the door on yer way out.

Everyone is now sick to death of all this crap. Lets concentrate on the fitba

One way or another, END IT NOW!!!!!!!

I'll get you TELT ya big fud.

HIYA PAL

I think it's pretty obvious that there is a lot more to come out of this yet and for me the simple solution would be to suspend any application pending a full and thorough investigation into all things "Rangers."

There are plenty decent, well run football clubs with an unblemished financial history that could take up the vacancy in the SFL.

It ain't subsiding:

<B> Rangers' SFA membership hopes hanging in the balance </B>

By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

A stand-off over media rights and a possible stripping of titles threatens to scupper Rangers' hopes of Scottish Football Association membership.

The SFA said on Friday that the new Rangers agreed to a transfer embargo in return for a license to play.

BBC Scotland understands two obstacles remain before a deal can be agreed.

Rangers want the Scottish Premier League to drop their investigation into dual contracts and the SPL want the SFL to hand over Rangers' media rights.

There must be a five-way agreement between the SFA, SPL, Scottish Football League, old Rangers and new Rangers before any deal is ratified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18941515

The longer this goes on the less likelihood of Newco competing in any league next season. Would that suit Greens' agenda?

Newco are acting as if they were the Managers in this long and sorry episode.

They are using the confusion that exists between the useless fuds in charge of the different authorities to their advantage, playing one off against the other.

A very old tactic " divide and conquer "

Ally McCoist will always remain in my list of favourite former Saints but he really needs to get a grip - his latest outburst is humiliating and sounds like he is ready to walk away - or indeed be a front man for Sevco walking away. He's in a meeting 'negotaiting' sanctions. Can you imagine circumstances in whic Saints would be allowed to negotiate?

We'd simply be 'telt' - to use a familiar word.

PS Welcome back Chris Webster aka Webby DFC . I for one have missed you and Gort. All hail the might DFC back where they belong -teetering on the brink of administration- yet again.

With the stripping-of-titles thing, are there not two separate issues that are in danger of being jumbled into one?

1. Did Rangers FC (IA) rightfully and fairly win those trophies? If not they should be stripped of them.

2. Even if it's decided that Rangers FC (IA) did fairly win those trophies, and shouldn't be stripped of them, that doesn't mean Sevco won those trophes. Sevco are not Rangers, so should not be allowed to display those trophies, have stars on their club crest, display the trophies at Ibrox or do anything else that implies the history is theirs.

The attempts to blur these two very different issues into one so that we all end up believing Sevco are Rangers seem to be well under way. Are Sevco to be allowed to start their Third Division campaign using the name, club badge and kit of Rangers, with no questions asked??

The SFA have to end this farce within the next 24 hours, Scottish football cannot be continually made to look ridiculous by Sevco and Sevco employees such as McCoist.

They should be given a 12 noon deadline tomorrow to agree to all the conditions needed to receive a licence or else they will not be granted one for this season at least.

They are the side setting the agenda as far as I can see, the SFA should have the balls to stand up to their threats and demands. This has went on far..far too long.

Quite simply, if they want the titles, then they can also have the debts. All 140 million pounds sterling of them.

The SFA have to end this farce within the next 24 hours, Scottish football cannot be continually made to look ridiculous by Sevco and Sevco employees such as McCoist.

They should be given a 12 noon deadline tomorrow to agree to all the conditions needed to receive a licence or else they will not be granted one for this season at least.

They are the side setting the agenda as far as I can see, the SFA should have the balls to stand up to their threats and demands. This has went on far..far too long.

Quite simply, if they want the titles, then they can also have the debts. All 140 million pounds sterling of them.

Totally agree. :roll:

Fascinating piece of detail form Rev Stuart Campbell's 'wings over scotland' blog:

<i> In the debate over whether the SPL buys the broadcast rights to SFL games featuring Rangers, we’ve just spotted a rather interesting quirk. Sevco Scotland Limited was accepted to the SFL as an Associate Member, and will not be eligible for full Member status for four years. Rule 19 of the SFL Constitution says:

“An Associate Member shall have no financial interest in the assets of the League and shall not be accorded any voting rights.”

We assume “the assets of the League” include its media rights. Rule 19 would seem to suggest that if the SFL does want to sell “Rangers” games to the SPL – or indeed to anyone else – not only will the newco not be entitled to a vote on the matter, but it won’t be entitled to any of the money either. </i>

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/a-thing-we-just-noticed/

Maybe we should ask Rangers what would be suitable to them? :laugh:

The old firm are like the spoilt twins from hell. Even SFA Referees pick on the other twin. It was hilarious when I heard someone on the radio say Rangers have won more trophies than any other club in the world :laugh: and if they lose a few trophies because of their own illegel activities then Celtic will have more trophies than any other club in the world. :laugh:

That's an embarrassment to Scotland and nothing to feel proud about. It just clarifies the duopoly situation and the weakness of a competitive sports business. If you concentrate your economy or industry on one or two products and one goes wrong the whole economy suffers disproportionately e.g. the potato. Monopolies always fail in the long run for customers.

The diference between oldco and sevco, whether they are Rangers holding on to trophies or a newco on the scene hoping to play in Scottish football is becoming blurred. The trophies belong to the oldco and that club is no more whether they hold on to these trophies or not. If you receive an unfair power advantage in any sport you lose the winner's medal/trophy e.g. drugs in the Olympics.

Maybe we should ask Rangers if that would be suitable to them? :laugh:

The best Mc Coist moment for me at Saints was when he left and the club got a good few bob for the arrogant t***.

Yeah I remember he left for around £400,000 to Sunderland I seen him a couple of times at Roker Park but they played him in midfield proper rather than the link to the forward, in our case John Brogan.

OK maybe he is coming across badly and he's not that talented optimistic happy striker we had back then but being a football manager when your club's in this state and in particular at a club like Rangers/Sevco must be extreme and I don't think he should be being put up front as much as he is especially as the whole thing is messy and legally/financially complex and those that committed the crimes are all silent and the people around him now are not as clear as they should be. He's definitely being led wrongly at times such as when he made what many thought were threats towards SFA tribunal members and wanting to know their identities which many also say he knew. He's being advised or encouraged to play to his galleries.

Apologies if i've missed the following posted elsewhere but,

Newco have employed disgraced football agent Paul Stretford.

He was banned for 18 months for mis-dealings and fined £300,000.

Birds of a feather, anyone.:laugh::laugh:

He is back as Rooneys agent now though. I notice aswell that Redknapp called him in as his agent during negotiations over his new contract, on the grounds that he was a tough negotiator.,

Maybe we should ask Rangers what would be suitable to them? :laugh:

The old firm are like the spoilt twins from hell. Even SFA Referees pick on the other twin. It was hilarious when I heard someone on the radio say Rangers have won more trophies than any other club in the world :laugh: and if they lose a few trophies because of their own illegel activities then Celtic will have more trophies than any other club in the world. :laugh:

That's an embarrassment to Scotland and nothing to feel proud about. It just clarifies the duopoly situation and the weakness of a competitive sports business. If you concentrate your economy or industry on one or two products and one goes wrong the whole economy suffers disproportionately e.g. the potato. Monopolies always fail in the long run for customers.

The diference between oldco and sevco, whether they are Rangers holding on to trophies or a newco on the scene hoping to play in Scottish football is becoming blurred. The trophies belong to the oldco and that club is no more whether they hold on to these trophies or not. If you receive an unfair power advantage in any sport you lose the winner's medal/trophy e.g. drugs in the Olympics.

Maybe we should ask Rangers if that would be suitable to them? :laugh:

You certainly can't peddle this pish anymore as the old *** is dead, so the new *** can't be deemed as old, and yet again you bring Celtic into this when its nothing to do with them

You certainly can't peddle this pish anymore as the old *** is dead, so the new *** can't be deemed as old, and yet again you bring Celtic into this when its nothing to do with them

the former old firm are / were the spoilt twins from hell.

Old may be wrong, maybe Ancient is better. The mindset is still there it's just that one twin has been kept back 3 years for misbehaviour but they're refusing to give up their stolen loot. I'm sure the other twins will take a tantrum soon.

Back to the Ibrox affair if they still own it.

Old may be wrong, maybe Ancient is better. The mindset is still there it's just that one twin has been kept back 3 years for misbehaviour but they're refusing to give up their stolen loot. I'm sure the other twins will take a tantrum soon.

Back to the Ibrox affair if they still own it.

what a lot of shite