Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After my initial releif that football was now the talking point it has quickly vanished.RFC are mentioned in the statement as being in administration.They are also mentioned as regards transfer embargo,footballing debts and fines so clearly as still thought of as Rangers at Hampden. The licence is potentially only for one match so cant see the attraction in signing for them even if you are clubless as there is NO guarantee of income.Those in the "strip the titles" camp will also be acutely aware that the EBT issue has been conveniently reserved for more investigation.

Always liked wee Ally as a player but some things he has come out with during this have been cringeworthy,however cant think of many others that would have stayed the course under impossible conditions.Hope he gets a team out tomorrow and with a wee bit of luck Jim Weirs boys will knock them out thus negating the need for a license for the next round.A great long statement from Hampden which roughly translates as we still canny work it out but heres a bit of paper so you can play a game and we might be seen as reasonable (doubt it)Come on Brechin ...COYS

it is only going to take one creditor of Rangers IA to take sevco to court demanding full payment of debts to blow this whole thing up. By transfering membership, and paying off football debts, while using the same trade name, making public statements that they are the same club and not being transparent on who actually owns the club they are opening themselves up to being classed as a Phoenix company...

...its simple. Either they are a new club and shouldn't have any sanctions (but also no place for 3 years in Scottish football), or, they are the same club, and therefore have all the sanctions of Rangers IA and all the debts.

There is no such thing in the rules as a 'temporary' license.

What the **** are the SFA and Rangers making joint statements for. The SFA should be dictating this, not Ally McCoist.

As for the timing - so predictable.

Wonder what odds I can get on Sevco not seeing out the season?

it is only going to take one creditor of Rangers IA to take sevco to court demanding full payment of debts to blow this whole thing up. By transfering membership, and paying off football debts, while using the same trade name, making public statements that they are the same club and not being transparent on who actually owns the club they are opening themselves up to being classed as a Phoenix company...

...its simple. Either they are a new club and shouldn't have any sanctions (but also no place for 3 years in Scottish football), or, they are the same club, and therefore have all the sanctions of Rangers IA and all the debts.

There is no such thing in the rules as a 'temporary' license.

What the **** are the SFA and Rangers making joint statements for. The SFA should be dictating this, not Ally McCoist.

As for the timing - so predictable.

Wonder what odds I can get on Sevco not seeing out the season?

There is no mention of Rangers or McCoist at the head of the joint statement and the only statement I saw from McCoist would certainly not have been included herein.Read todays record (sorry I cant do link) and he has some pretty forthright (and from his position)legitimate things to say about double standards and the inability of our governing bodies to govern.

There is no mention of Rangers or McCoist at the head of the joint statement and the only statement I saw from McCoist would certainly not have been included herein.Read todays record (sorry I cant do link) and he has some pretty forthright (and from his position)legitimate things to say about double standards and the inability of our governing bodies to govern.

so why all the worries about 'losing' their titles. Surely as a new club they have no titles?

They are clearly on the rangers.co.uk site saying they are the same entity as Rangers IA, just under a different business number.

It won't take the best lawyer in the world to blow this apart, although, given the figures they are banding about for 'new signings' they are going to need 35000 paying customers every game just to break even...

...and that's if BDO don't pull the plug on the Green purchase in the first place!

so why all the worries about 'losing' their titles. Surely as a new club they have no titles?

They are clearly on the rangers.co.uk site saying they are the same entity as Rangers IA, just under a different business number.

It won't take the best lawyer in the world to blow this apart, although, given the figures they are banding about for 'new signings' they are going to need 35000 paying customers every game just to break even...

...and that's if BDO don't pull the plug on the Green purchase in the first place!

Playing devils advocat here. The administrator has the right to sell parts or all of the business. In this case he has sold the name (which was an asset of the company) and the players who were assets of the business, which according to duff and phelps they were entitled to do.

given that the contracts that companies signed would be with Rangers Football Club Ltd and as far as I have seen there is no Rangers football club Ltd now then can't see creditors having a leg to stand on.

As for BDo they have already stated they won't do anything about the sale.

McCoist's opinions are a load of old bum. He thinks his club(s) is being treated with unfair severity, yet it appears they're being allowed to discuss and agree on what sanctions are handed to them. Any other club would just get told what was happening to it. Why are Sevco still being given special treatment? And according to that interview, he apparently thinks Rangers have been badly mismanaged for just "10 months". He also claims Rangers were "kicked out the SPL", which is just plain inaccurate.

If McCoist was genuinely concerned about double standards and "moral integrity", or ethics in general for that matter, he would have cut his ties with Rangers/Sevco/TFOD a long time ago.

To an extent McCoist is right. The SPL & SFA have made a mess of this whole situation . Their incomptance has to be highlighted & I think Reagan cockwomble have to go.

I see for the first time teams are allowed to play 2 trialists in the first round of the Ramsden cup. They don`t even try to hide the fact that they are bending over for NEWCO.

Playing devils advocat here. The administrator has the right to sell parts or all of the business. In this case he has sold the name (which was an asset of the company) and the players who were assets of the business, which according to duff and phelps they were entitled to do.

given that the contracts that companies signed would be with Rangers Football Club Ltd and as far as I have seen there is no Rangers football club Ltd now then can't see creditors having a leg to stand on.

As for BDo they have already stated they won't do anything about the sale.

But there is clear laws preventing Phoenix companies to avoid this very problem. You can sell any assets - fully agree... but for the new company to trade, and openly declare it is substantially the same as the old company would make it liable for the debts of old co.

Add in the fact that there is a lot of talk that Whyte is involved behind this Blue Pitch Holdings and they would be in clear breach of these laws.

On Off the ball today they were greetin that they are a newco and as such they should not pay off any debts nor should they have any penalties against them as they are in effect a new business!!!

If that is the case then they should not be allowed in Seniorlevel of Scottish football. All other clubs which have entered the third division have been in existence for many years have many legitimate trophies/titles etc in the lower leagues and have good uncorrupt accounts for at least the last 6 full years.

If sticking to their argument above they should not be allowed to apply for entry to the third until at least 2018/19 season.

Have signed contracts but will only be able to register them after next Friday. They can, however, play 2 trialists in the Ramsden Cup.

re: trialists in cup matches... really? Does playing for Rangers make them cup tied if they then sign for someone else, or does it not count if they are a 'trialist'? The rules just say the same as SFL games, so assume they are allowing them.

This is a really good article on the registration of players and the Rangers 'conditional' membership, which doesn't appear in the rule book!

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/the-brechin-ultimatum-did-sfa-botch-rangers-fcs-membership-are-any-rfc-players-registered/

Re : conditional membership.Its my understanding this is just a form of words and that they have in fact been granted full membership but in these unique circumstances it is conditional on the SPL transferring Dundee to be club 12 (not done yet) and on Sevco agreeing to the parts of Rangers sanctions/fines etc. that has not already been agreed.

I think the next few weeks are going to be very enlightening.

This season presents a great opportunity for one of eleven clubs to make a real name for themselves especially if complacency slips into Celtic Park. COYS