Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thing being discussed on RTC right now is the player registrations. If 'new' players can't be registered until next week, how are the 'old' players registered?

Are they registered at Rangers IA? If so, which club is playing today... rangers or sevco?

If Rangers IA, then, who has been paying those players? If Rangers IA have been paying them there is another question for DP to answer. If Sevco are paying them, surely that is third party ownership?

If they are at sevco, why can't the other players be registered and when did sevco first register a player? 9pm on friday?

The first think Brechin should be doing on Monday is asking the SFA/SFL to present evidence that all the sevco players were correctly registered.

This is could turn out to be a real big mess for the SFA.

Another thing being discussed on RTC right now is the player registrations. If 'new' players can't be registered until next week, how are the 'old' players registered?

Are they registered at Rangers IA? If so, which club is playing today... rangers or sevco?

If Rangers IA, then, who has been paying those players? If Rangers IA have been paying them there is another question for DP to answer. If Sevco are paying them, surely that is third party ownership?

If they are at sevco, why can't the other players be registered and when did sevco first register a player? 9pm on friday?

The first think Brechin should be doing on Monday is asking the SFA/SFL to present evidence that all the sevco players were correctly registered.

We are now getting into crazy territory.

The players contracts were sold to SEVCO, The license has been conditionally transferred to the newco, so players that were registered with the SFA are still registered with them.

There is a thing going on at the moment between SEVCO and DP over a £0.5m sum that was paid over by SEVCo to allow the players wages to be met during the initial change.

Rangers : Alexander*, Goian*, Bocanegra*, Broadfoot*, Wallace*, McKay, Black*, Hutton, Macleod, Little*, McCulloch*. Subs: Gallacher, Naismith, Crawford, Cole.

A side with 8 international cap players in it. Not so young and inexperienced as they were stating previously.

Does Black have a cap? Please tell me it ain't so?!

Ironic, really, that just a few years ago Brechin were kicked out of the Scottish Cup by the SFA for fielding two ineligible players in what amounted to nothing more than an honest administrative error. Now here they are playing against what could easily turn out to be an entire team of ineligible players, and all thanks to the SFA who have bent over backwards to put that team there.

I'd love to know just how many rules were broken to allow Sunday's game to go ahead.

Shame on the SFA.

Cannot believe that Charles Green has made the 'bigotry' claims - hope he is not talking about St Johnstone, its board or the fans of this club.

"The Scottish FA has asked Rangers chief executive Charles Green to clarify an accusation that bigotry played a part in the decision to refuse the club a Scottish Premier League place.

On Tuesday, the SFA confirmed its compliance officer Vincent Lunny had written to the former Sheffield United chief executive asking for clarification over his comments.

Mr Green, who made the claims in a media interview following the Ramsdens Cup win against Brechin City on Sunday, has until August 7 to respond.

i actually thought when i first read the 'bigot' quote from Green that he was talking about the Rangers fans!! I am convinced he seems to be doing everything possible to get kicked out, or to stop 'rangers' fans buying season tickets.

I really can't see where the profit for him in this is. 3 years in the lower division will = yearly losses. The only way I can see him making money is for Sevco to go bankrupt and the stadium end up under his control

Ironic, really, that just a few years ago Brechin were kicked out of the Scottish Cup by the SFA for fielding two ineligible players in what amounted to nothing more than an honest administrative error. Now here they are playing against what could easily turn out to be an entire team of ineligible players, and all thanks to the SFA who have bent over backwards to put that team there.

I'd love to know just how many rules were broken to allow Sunday's game to go ahead.

Shame on the SFA.

yep agreed.SHAME on them sfa dudes.

...and why were Sevco allowed to play in a Rangers kit with a Rangers badge on it? Is that their registered playing kit for the season? Are they a new club or aren't they?

correct,i don't get it .and the shitty lager sponsors as well.

Any body else feel a bit sick when they see this!!

Rangers clinch signing of Dean Shiels after Kilmarnock exit

Dean Shiels says coming from a Rangers-supporting background helped persuade him to sign a four-year contract with the new club.

The 27-year-old Northern Ireland international moves to Ibrox following an excellent season with Kilmarnock.

Continue reading the main story

“No matter what division Rangers are in, they want to win it”

Dean Shiels Rangers midfielder

"I'm from a Rangers community in Northern Ireland," Shiels said about dropping from the Scottish Premier League to the Third Division newcomers.

"I just wanted to play for Rangers and I wanted to play for the manager."

Shiels helped Kilmarnock win the Scottish Communities League Cup and made the four-man short-list for Scotland's player of the year after arriving from Doncaster Rovers.

He had been offered a new contract by his father, who manages the Ayrshire side, but had sought his advice about joining Rangers and does not believe he is taking a step down in his career.

"Once I knew they were interested, it was a decision that I was happy to make," he told the club website.

"There has been a big change in personnel and the manager is trying to build a new squad and get new faces in.

_61931261_little.jpg Little celebrates scoring for Rangers on Sunday as they made their Ramsdens Cup debut

"I'm just delighted to be here. I know we are in the Third Division, but hopefully not for long.

"No matter what division Rangers are in, they want to win it. So this year will be no different to any other year in that regard."

Northern Ireland internationals Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty found themselves new clubs instead of switching from the new Rangers after the old one headed for liquidation.

However, Shiels, who had also been linked with Hibernian, one of his former clubs, joins compatriot Andy Little in Ally McCoist's squad.

"I have a lot of friends who are season ticket holders who come over on the boat every week and I have great affection for the club," said the new signing.

"So I'm sure a lot of friends and family will be happy for me and hopefully I can keep the Northern Ireland connection going.

"I obviously know Andy Little quite well and I'm delighted that he has signed on as well as he is a great prospect."

Meanwhile, club owners Sevco Scotland Limited is changing its name to The Rangers Football Club Limited.

God I never heard so much rubbish coming of Dean Shiels mouth says coming from a Rangers-supporting background helped persuade him to sign a four-year contract with the new club no mate it just their were offering you a 7000 week contract just like Black, Kyle and Little you not interested in the club I would like to know how Green going to pay for all this.

I don’t care what these guys say, dropping down from the SPL to the third division is career suicide, especially if you're an international player. These guys have clearly nae idea about the third division at all. I feel there may be one or two big regrets half way through the season.