Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UEFA take a very dim view of footballing penalties being challenged through the courts. Infact, i seem to recall that the licence to play specifically says all appeals must be through sporting channels.

This could easily be 'ok, transfer ban lifted, but so is your league licence revoked. Goodbye'

The last european club to try civil courts against their fa didnt fair too well... Isnt that right Sion?

this is scotland though...... what would happen IF the scottish courts ruled in favour of RFC? SFA would be forced to lift their ban. UEFA hate outside agencies getting involved so SFA would be in a no win situation.. They risk contempt of court by keeping the ban in place and ( potentially ) risk UEFA's wrath for lifting the ban.

Could UEFA remove Scotlands European places for next season IF this happened?

this is scotland though...... what would happen IF the scottish courts ruled in favour of RFC? SFA would be forced to lift their ban. UEFA hate outside agencies getting involved so SFA would be in a no win situation.. They risk contempt of court by keeping the ban in place and ( potentially ) risk UEFA's wrath for lifting the ban.

I believe they can and I think that's what they threatened the Swiss with. Removing th Swiss places not Scotland's.

How’s paying the courts bill for Rangers next case against SFA more money down the drain. I am hoping UEFA get involved as it make wake the SFA up and Regan would be worried if he gets and called from Zurich next week Scotland place could be jeopardy they did threaten the Swiss FA with the same thing over FC Sion. Also if UEFA did get involved and threaten SFA it could make more people turn on Rangers and their board they will have no more allies if Scotland place is in question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18212287

So it seems that the plot thickens...

Surely though, the fact that one of the partners of the supposedly "neutral" administrators was knocking about with Whyte professionally and now socially, is evidence enough of a conflict of interest?

Why does it need to be proved that he had exact knowledge of this specific deal?

Anyone who wants to read some more opinions on this should read Pie & Bovril. Now I can't verify the posters but makes fascinating reading.

The general opinion is that expulsion and oblivion are the route Rangers are heading as there is worse, much worse to come.

Edited by john1962

Wow that WOULD go down well with the Celtic fans. Football quiz question (in season 20120-13 how long did St Johnstone stay in the Europa cup).2 weeks ?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18212287

So it seems that the plot thickens...

Surely though, the fact that one of the partners of the supposedly "neutral" administrators was knocking about with Whyte professionally and now socially, is evidence enough of a conflict of interest?

Why does it need to be proved that he had exact knowledge of this specific deal?

Don't think it needs to be 'proved' as such, it boils down to a balance of probabilities, even the perception of conflict of interests should be enough to make said party step aside...........as Dob Dylan would say;

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last

But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast

Yonder stands your orphan with his gun

Crying like a fire in the sun

Look out the saints are comin' through

And it's all over now, Baby Blue.

The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense

Take what you have gathered from coincidence

The empty handed painter from your streets

Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets

This sky, too, is folding under you

All your seasick sailors, they are rowing home

Your empty handed armies, are all going home

Your lover who just walked out the door

Has taken all his blankets from the floor

The carpet, too, is moving under you

Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you

Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

Strike another match, go start a new

Think they are appealing because a transfer embargo is not on the list of sanctions available according to SFA rules.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFApublications2011-12/Scottish%20FA%20Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol.pdf

This was the substance of their initial appeal, and despite a top QC arguing on their behalf, a Law Lord rejected, unequivocally, their objection in under 4 hours. The rules allow the panel to 'deal with as they see fit'. some of the best legal minds in the country issued this punishment and rejected the appeal.

Can you help me with something that has been confusing me (well, one of many things).

When folk call for Rangers to be terminated, abolished, throw the chunts out etc, do you mean expelled from the SPL, probably to emerge in Div 3 as a newco? in other words, simply liquidation in a business sense, ending the club in it's current form.

Or do you mean Rangers are prevented from participating in senior football in Scotland, period, in any form?

If the latter, what is the process that would make that happen? Surely anyone can form a proddy club in Glasgow and apply to join the SFL?

This is a genuine enquiry.

Can you help me with something that has been confusing me (well, one of many things).

When folk call for Rangers to be terminated, abolished, throw the chunts out etc, do you mean expelled from the SPL, probably to emerge in Div 3 as a newco? in other words, simply liquidation in a business sense, ending the club in it's current form.

Or do you mean Rangers are prevented from participating in senior football in Scotland, period, in any form?

If the latter, what is the process that would make that happen? Surely anyone can form a proddy club in Glasgow and apply to join the SFL?

This is a genuine enquiry.

From what I have read taking the SFA to court could/will prompt UEFA/FIFA to threaten to throw the national team out of all competitions if they don't deal with Rangers properly I.e. expel them. If expelled, they have no licence and nowhere to go. It would then take an AFC Wimbledon type club to appear. The problem they would have is that Scotland has no pyramid system.

That's without even considering the big tax case, dual contracts, what Mark Daly and Rangers Tax Case still have. Oh and the adminstrators have stated they run out of money on Thursday and will have no players.

Yeah for entering admin, Dundee got round it by being allowed to sign 3 loan players, that's it though. Would depend on the loan rules in the SPL.

...and using trialists, which is not allowed under SPL rules

So they could bring in 20 loan players from Unnited and Rapid Vienna.

Nope. There is a limit to the number of loan players you can take. I think it is maybe 5 or 6 - which we sailed pretty close to last season when we had Sheridan, Croft, Keatings and the 2 Spurs boys.

Nope. There is a limit to the number of loan players you can take. I think it is maybe 5 or 6 - which we sailed pretty close to last season when we had Sheridan, Croft, Keatings and the 2 Spurs boys.

Well with 50,000 home ctowds they should have plenty money for that and retaining their good players, maybe I'm wrong. Some punishment.