Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being HMRC, it is the absolute responsibility of the individual to ensure you pay HMRC.

If you work for "a company" for instance and they pay you for 6 or 36 months then your code is wrong it's up to you to make up any shortfall. They will get ill all back and will probably allow you to spread it over many enjoyable years to do your bit (for all the big companies like RFC who dodge millions)

Better being a big guy with a big debt, a real big one. You just walk away.

I'm sure I read somewhere aomngst all this sorry tale that the players got letters that included a clause that indemnified them against any future problems if the EBT scheme turned out to be unacceptable to HRMC - ie that Rangers would pick up the bill. Would that work for them?

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

A truly explosive programme if you ask me. Well done Mark Daly. A few standout points from the programme itself and the info revealed:

1) The investigative team must have creamed themselves when they spotted Souness' name and his payment. I actually did laugh out loud.

2) Will be interesting to see what Billy Dodds is saying to it now.

3) Graham Spiers trying oh so hard to take the moral high ground and proclaim himself chief whistleblower.

4) The EBT beneficaries list confirms massive tax evasion but more staggeringly: Rangers have signed some utter utter mince over the years! Olivier Bernard, ha!

It was interesting that there was little or no mention of either

I suspect Daly kept a few bullets for another day...or perhaps an injunction of sorts has been granted, but that is speculation. It strikes me as just too incredible that Lord Dignity of Cardigan and Fat Yob were not part of the culture of tax free cash grabbing that has clearly engulfed the Hvnnery over the last decade. (or more) Why would they not be included?....if legal and accountancy 'experts' on minty's books were so sure it was above board?

I suspect Daly kept a few bullets for another day...or perhaps an injunction of sorts has been granted, but that is speculation. It strikes me as just too incredible that Lord Dignity of Cardigan and Fat Yob were not part of the culture of tax free cash grabbing that has clearly engulfed the Hvnnery over the last decade. (or more) Why would they not be included?....if legal and accountancy 'experts' on minty's books were so sure it was above board?

Yip, I am sure there is more to follow

The BBC identified many many more players and officials who were on EBT's, but they didn't name them if they didn't have documentary evidence that proved it.

Much much more to come....

Looking at the re-aaranged fixtures at the end of this...how good would it be to support "Airbus UK"....?

Possible income stream for Rangers 2012?

Rangers new name for this pish.

What is the position of the johnny foreginer with icome tax? Do they pay it here or in their own country? Is the tax due only on united kingdom residence? :laugh:

I remember reading that they had to change some tax laws because some top athletes, Usain Bolt etc, were refusing to compete here because of the tax they would be liable for.

Rangers launch legal action against SFA about the transfer embargo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18211947

Personally I'm glad about this and think they are possibly right, if the embargo wasn't a route which was already available to the SPL. Gladly expulsion IS a route available, if the SFA have to look at it again.

Hopefully this action will be a wake up call to the SPL - if they don't vote in a policy about Newcos before Rangers are a Newco, then they won't legally have any punishments available.

Or do you just think that's what the SPL have planned, and continue to plan all along? Surely not....I mean that would suggest complicity and willfully bringing the game into disrepute, and continuing corruption in the face of a mountain of evidence.

Is there a method of calling a vote of no confidence in the present SPL admin?

Personally I'm glad about this and think they are possibly right, if the embargo wasn't a route which was already available to the SPL. Gladly expulsion IS a route available, if the SFA have to look at it again.

Hopefully this action will be a wake up call to the SPL - if they don't vote in a policy about Newcos before Rangers are a Newco, then they won't legally have any punishments available.

Or do you just think that's what the SPL have planned, and continue to plan all along? Surely not....I mean that would suggest complicity and willfully bringing the game into disrepute, and continuing corruption in the face of a mountain of evidence.

they should have obeyed the rules then.now they are being punished.what is it with these rangers and celtic cretins that they appeal everything.never ever put there hands up ,take the blame and the punishment that goes with it.liquidate this blight on scottish football.

Just read the article. What RFC are actually complaining about is simply a problem they would have if their existing squad (kiss the badge) desert Ibrox. The signing embargo could have very little impact if the players stay. So their problem is keeping hold of their existing players - nothing the SPL or SFA can do about that.

This has similarities to me of a complaint from someone in a council house saying 'the banks have put their interest rates up and so I can't afford a mortgage'. To whom I'd say - 'OK then - well don't get thrown out of your Council house and find yourself having to try and buy a house. Stay in your house and you won't have any worries or complaints about lenders mortgage interest rates.'

So dear RFC - if you find you have to take on a load of 18 yr old kids to man your ship cos your first team players have abandoned it - there there is only one group to direct your anger and disappointment at - yup those very same rats who have abandoned your ship. No-one else. And why have they abandoned ship - yup - cos you couldn't pay them - and who's fault is that - yup - your very own - my dear RFC.

Just read the article. What RFC are actually complaining about is simply a problem they would have if their existing squad (kiss the badge) desert Ibrox. The signing embargo could have very little impact if the players stay. So their problem is keeping hold of their existing players - nothing the SPL or SFA can do about that.

So dear RFC - if you find you have to take on a load of 18 yr old kids to man your ship cos your first team players have abandoned it - there there is only one group to direct your anger and disappointment at - yup those very same rats who have abandoned your ship. No-one else. And why have they abandoned ship - yup - cos you couldn't pay them - and who's fault is that - yup - your very own - my dear RFC.

Exactly HHDB. In a mobile transfer market where players coms and go at all clubs either pay the deal or make other arrangments with local, cheaper or younger players - or shut up. Their stars will move on because despite all the fantasies about club loyalty people like Steven Davis is no different to Fran Sandaza he has an agent looking for a good contract. I think most will go.

UEFA take a very dim view of footballing penalties being challenged through the courts. Infact, i seem to recall that the licence to play specifically says all appeals must be through sporting channels.

This could easily be 'ok, transfer ban lifted, but so is your league licence revoked. Goodbye'

The last european club to try civil courts against their fa didnt fair too well... Isnt that right Sion?