Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

also George Adams at Ross county will be a very nervous guy after tonight he one of the guys name on the list.

No need to be. If your employer says to you that they are paying you in a certain way, EBTs, would you go research its appropriateness and legality? I would just say, fine as long as you pay me.

Hope SFA or SPL call this lot in to answer some questions about the BBC Report also i think President of the Scottish Football Campbell Ogilvie should resign from his post.

Sod giving it to Dungcaster... that useless phuquer will simply lose the report. :roll: Threaten to give it to UEFA. That'll get things shifting :twisted:

Agree totally, but Ogilvie must go.

How can he sit comfortably wearing his S.F.A. hat and endorse any ruling on the E.B.T. fiasco if/when proved, when he was one of the beneficiaries?

Bit like Duff & Phedlps as administrators and their track record.Allegedly.

Morally he should already have written his letter of resignation. However morals have been lacking all through this fiasco.

so if the player that have side letter that hasn't been declared to the SPL and if their still playing in scotland should they be bans.

none of them play in scotland anymore. plus it would be hard to enforce i would think. obviously there is a rule which says that double contracts have to be declared to SFA but if there is no specific sub-section which lays out the players responsibility ( ie if you are offered this you must tell us or we will do x, y or z to you ) how do you punish them?

There's far far too much shenanigans going on here and the SPL/SFA are obviously not in a mind to deal with it . The time has come to bring in UEFA/FIFA. Someone has got to sort out this mess. It's quite apparent that the Scottish football authorities are not up to it

Edited by Blues Brother

There's far far too much shenanigans going on here and the SPL/SFA are obviously not in a mind to deal with it . The time has come to bring in UEFA/FIFA. Someone has got to sort out this mess. It's quite apparent that the Scottish football authorities are not up to it

E mail Uefa

No need to be. If your employer says to you that they are paying you in a certain way, EBTs, would you go research its appropriateness and legality? I would just say, fine as long as you pay me.
Being HMRC, it is the absolute responsibility of the individual to ensure you pay HMRC.

If you work for "a company" for instance and they pay you for 6 or 36 months then your code is wrong it's up to you to make up any shortfall. They will get ill all back and will probably allow you to spread it over many enjoyable years to do your bit (for all the big companies like RFC who dodge millions)

Better being a big guy with a big debt, a real big one. You just walk away.

Being HMRC, it is the absolute responsibility of the individual to ensure you pay HMRC.

If you work for "a company" for instance and they pay you for 6 or 36 months then your code is wrong it's up to you to make up any shortfall. They will get ill all back and will probably allow you to spread it over many enjoyable years to do your bit (for all the big companies like RFC who dodge millions)

Yep,ignorance is not a defence in HMRC`s book.

But will they go after a company in the same way that they would go after an individual?

Would really like to know what HMRC are thinking here as they seem to be the crux of the whole Newco serario.

Edited by Blues Brother

About 10 years ago I was 'fined' £200 for not filling in a tax return, the first I knew about it was when I was called into the office and was told they were arresting my wages to pay my outstanding bill and fine!!

It turned out, they had been sending everything to my old address from 15 years before and they actually owed me a tax rebate!!!

It took nearly 12 months to get my money back and for them to nearly apologise:roll:

Yup - just this one aspect of the whole thing really pees me off - I've already posted about tax and NI demands made by HMRC of my missus - treat her like a crook whilst letting the real 'crooks' get away with murder.

The different layers of cheating and general dodginess going on, spanning multiple generations of teams and even different boards and regimes, is absolutely staggering. I've read a few things in the past about clubs from South America, Italy etc being up to no good to various extents, but in all honesty - are Rangers the most corrupt football club ever?

The way things are unfolding, what they've done is on a completely different level even to match fixing. Surely, surely, it's time for UEFA or FIFA to step in and sort this out. The SFA and SPL are both too close to this, with too many conflicts of interests, to be trusted.

One thing's for sure: if they don't get thrown out of the league for all this, then you can't get thrown out of the league for anything. If that's seriously the precedent the SPL want to set, then Saints (and the other clubs) might as well just behave however they want.

Ogilvie can still argue that the EBT in itself wasn't illegal and getting paid through it was ok. He can say he didn't know about the 'side letters'. I suspect it would be difficult to prove that he did unless the BBC have some clear evidence.

Certainly all those docs should be handed to the SPL, so they have no excuse with regards to their own enquiry.

I wish I had shares in a company that made paper shredders. There'll be a few of those badboys being put into overdrive this morning after last night's report! :shock:

Agree wholeheartedly there.

I got a £3K tax bill because I wasn't being taxed properly on a part time job I've got. I didn't think anything of it, as I'd had the part time job long before my full time one and just kept it on.

HMRC in their kindness decided to adjust my tax code so I got a negative personal allowance and therefore I've been pretty much on the breadline for the last year.

It fcuks me off royally when I read about companies/folk being let off with MILLIONS, yet I'm skint for a year over a measly three grand.:evil: