Summer Transfer Target Thread 2012

t.mcneil99

Expect Saints to sign an experienced player in the next couple of days. The player has been capped by Scotland in the past.

Used to be that if you were signing someone capped by Scotland you could get excited nowadays though it could be concerning. Are you pleased? Dont have to say who it is.

If that was even vaguely true it would actually be a really good signing, but I can't see any way we could afford him.

I'll never remember THAT miss though. Sitting at Hampden, in the South Stand Upper at the other end of the park, we watched the flowing bit of football that tore apart the Norway defence. We rose to our feet as the ball was swept across to Iwelumo - the goal was pretty much scored, it just needed the tap into the net that would see us ahead and make Iwelumo a hero.

He struck it, the crowd went wild, the linesman ran to the centre of the park indicating a goal.

The forum's own Dev was upon his seat jumping about like a man possessed - meanwhile I was stood wondering who had shelled the ball past the goal after it seemed to have hit the net. Dev reached down and said "why aren't you celebrating" in a perplexed tone.

I had to reply... "I think he missed."

The confusion for the next 30 seconds until the goal kick was taken was unreal.

Good player though, just a shame that's all he'll be remembered for in Scotland!

I'm not gong to get excited about this one as I can't see it happening despite him getting a free from Watford. However, if for some bizarre reason he chooses to return to Scotland and signs for Saints it will be an excellent signing. He's exactly the right type of player - an absolute handfull.

Aitchy doesn't normally post a rumour unless it has some substance.

Would be a cracking signing, I'd have Iwelumo over a fit Kyle any day.

Agreed. We're after a target man, he's most certainly that.

I struggle to believe we can afford him, but would be delighted if we signed him.