#02 - 26/07/12 - Saints 1-1 Eskişehirspor - Europa League

Sad but true Eck.

I have some worries that a number of our fans want to turn us into the 'new' Rangers.

Bigotry seems to be rising.

I hope Steve Brown and the police/stewards can put a stop to it before it gets out of hand.

Before i get slagged off, its a small minority, not the majority who are doing this.

Sounded like one person out of a crowd of 6K plus, doesnt sound like a problem. and probably (hopefully) being self policed.

Biggest downside was the catering.. Me and my mate went for food just before half time, queued for ten minutes and were told there was no hot food left.. Surely they expected a decent sized crowd, will have lost a lot of money there..

Disappointed as they were on the same level as Motherwell. 1-0 at half time we should have gone 4-4-2 not kept at the negative 4-5-1 which wasn't working.

We have next year though.

They were much better than Motherwell and we were 4-4-2 after the break, did you watch the match?

I really enjoyed the game. Not the result any Saints fan wanted but at least we didn't have to sit through 80 minutes of us sitting back and only going for it in the last few minutes.

I'm really looking forward to the SPL season now, if Lomas can get the same determination out of the team against SPL sides I can't see us doing badly or even average.

As a side note Tade and Hasselbaink seem really pleased to be at Saints which is a contrast to Sheridan and Sandaza who let's be honest didn't want to be here last season. This is in no way an attempt to have a go at them as I still think Sandaza is one of the best Saints players I've seen play, it's just I wonder if having two players who want to be here will make a difference if and when things aren't going our way. A different attitude may make up for not the loss of SaS this season.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Plenty positives: Performances of Fraz, Hasselbank, Tade, Craig and Muzz most notably.

The chant between Saints/EsEs fans was great. Let's steal it.

I really hope Chris Millar is getting back to match sharpness - he seemed to cause more harm than good for us last night.

Hasselbank was blowing out his arse after 15 minutes, after he let their right winger drift by him for a free header at the back post Lomas changed it to 4 in the middle with Hasselbank supporting Tade. Lomas gave Hasselbank a right good bashing which seemed to pick him up but he looked like he was struggling.

Their goal killed the game and the atmosphere which is a shame after we came so close to making it 2 - 0. Players just never got going again after their goal.

Biggest downside was the catering.. Me and my mate went for food just before half time, queued for ten minutes and were told there was no hot food left.. Surely they expected a decent sized crowd, will have lost a lot of money there..

Yes have to agree. Looked at the length of the queue (which extended almost to the p*sh house,) and gave up.

Another down side for me, (and it also happened at the last game last season) was the fact that the "programmes" had sold out, despite me being in the ground before kick off.

This is surely not good enough, when the club are asking fans to fork out in these times of austerity, I am unable to part with my cash because not enough programmes were printed.

Can someone at the club please address this issue?

Yes have to agree. Looked at the length of the queue (which extended almost to the p*sh house,) and gave up.

Another down side for me, (and it also happened at the last game last season) was the fact that the "programmes" had sold out, despite me being in the ground before kick off.

This is surely not good enough, when the club are asking fans to fork out in these times of austerity, I am unable to part with my cash because not enough programmes were printed.

When did you get into the ground?

Just contact the club, I am sure you will be able to get one. Not much in it for £3 but a good souvenir.

I suspect he came up on the Barossa Street bus so was probably not there till 10 minutes before kick-off...

El Tone, you need to be there earlier than that for big games matey:wink:

Lets just say his roomate disrupted everyone after the game had kicked off.

Those particular sellers may have sold out but they still have some at the club, give them a ring and they'll send one out to you I'm sure. Have had that done in the past, just pay over the phone.