COYLE TO GO

rickardo

When we lined up at the start, Mensing was on the right with Sheerin on the left. As the half progressed, Sheerin switched to the right and then in the second half, he played in defence then up front when Jason 'its my ball' Scotland went off :!:

I think the descriptive word you're looking for is 'much-chersihed' :wink:

I'm sick of telling people why, Sheridan, we do everything to accomodate him.

No drive, no passes, nothing.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC should not go but he needs to learn when is set up is not working like today in the second half he needs to change it and he needs to be more daring when we are at home.

This is something that I was saying on another thread. One of the problems for me is that all our strikers offer us exactly the same thing. The are good with the ball at their feet, but are shite when it comes to holding the ball up, or winning it in the air.

Hardie or James upfront isn't the answer either. We desperately need a target man and a winger to allow us to change our play when needed.

I still think that calling for OC's head is a bit premature. He has turned us arround from what we were under Stark and Connolly and now deserves the patience from us to allow him the time to sort this out.

I find it a bit strange that after 3 league games, none of which we have actually lost, that this is even being discussed. !

The worrying thing is that we are back to the old problem of not being able to take our chances, we've had a reasonably easy start to the season and should be sitting on 9 points at the moment.

There were 2 players in the team on Saturday which shouldn't be there, and probably wouldn't get a game for any other team in this league- Lawrie and Sheridan both of them offer nothing positive at all to the team.

The corners are always the same and are becoming easy for the other teams to defend against now, put 2 players on Kevin James and thats all they need to do.

We must sign another striker soon, and stop this long ball nonsense before we're too far behind Gretna.

And another thing while am on my soap box why is it we are never shouting for money to be put into the club :?: Instead of the negativity coming out of Mcd no disrespect to mr brown but its time for him to take aback seat and let someone in with ambition for our club

Am I not correct in saying that Geoff is open to offers for the club but hasnt had a suitable offer? :roll:

Threads like this really make me cringe. It's no wonder fans aren't taken seriously, when you see how prone some us are to fickle, knee-jerk reactions. If we'd won 1-0 yesterday (which we weren't that far away from doing), there'd probably be just as many people on here going over the top with the praise and acting as if we're about to win the Champions League.

I'm not happy about yesterday's performance by any means, but I think a little perspective wouldn't do any harm - we're still unbeaten and still have practically the same team that got us to second place last season. To call for the manager's head at this stage is crazy, and could well only serve to put more pressure on him and make things worse.

Can't believe people are actually saying this. Ok, we've had a bad start, but OC did a miracle last year to turn the club round from where we were. Everytime there are a few bad games we can't go calling for the managers head, it's absolutely crazy, the season has hardly started. OC is the best man for the job, the players love him, he's brought in some good players and he did brilliantly last season.

We heard so much pre-season abot the importance of a good home record, the importance of a flying start, not dropping stupid points especially by drawing, and not having to play catch up all the time. We have already flopped on all of these objectives which makes me feel that we could be heading for another depressing season with nothing left to play for by mid-season. There are certainly no signs that we are any better than we were last year.

Despite all that I don't think we are likely to find a much better manager than Coyle but I am beginning to doubt his ability to take us anywhere in the short term. On paper the players are good enough but on the pitch they aren't

But its still early days, so lets hope he can turn things around.

On paper the players are good enough but on the pitch they aren't.

On a side note, I've felt this has been a problem at the club for quite a while.

The players brought in, like Scrabble and Dobbie appear to have good pedigree, their respective club fans are singing their praises, saying how well they will do down in division 1 and yet they underperform. These are just 2 examples, but I feel this has been going on for years and I can't think what the reason for it could be.

I am tottaly pissed off with theese perfomances and think its down to shit tactics ,coyle in my eyes is lost,sack him now :evil:

This is bloody stupid. Same crap as last year, just give the man some time it takes a while to build a strong team and i for one dont want to turn into a dundee utd or aberdeen who constantly change manager and get no where.

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE!

coyle in my eyes is lost,sack him now :evil:

Oh my god, are you actually being being serious or was it just anger at more dropped points. We are all dissapointed at the Clyde and Hamilton games but for god sake give him a chance. 3 league games gone and we are unbeaten without conceeding a goal and we are still in both cups. We have improved greatly under him and we will continue to improve further but it takes time. I dont see how anyone can even be thinking about Sacking Coyle.

I think he could do with a more experinced assitant manager.

This is the other fall back on excuse after sacking the manager.

Jim Weir has now been assistant at this club for a number of years and has realistically built up enough exeperience now. I do not see how getting rid of ANYONE at the moment can help this situation.

As has been said, we are undefeated and yet to concede a goal in the league and have progressed in both cups that we have played in.

This talk of sacking people already is really getting my back up. Its just nonsense. No-one is happy with the recent performances, but on Saturday just look at how many chances we created. On another day these go in and we win 3 or 4 nil and no-one mentions sacking anyone.

Let' get a grip. :evil:

I think Rickardo went home after havin' a few sherberts and let the emotions of the past couple of weeks get the better of him.

I also think some of the things that have happened off the park with the club have contibuted to emotions running high,

Of course Coyle should not go at this stage and I'm sure Rickardo will come on and say he was being a bit rash :lol:

Yes the football has been pretty poor, individual performances have been bad and Coyle's niavity is still there for all to see. He is learning the trade and undoubtedly has alot to learn yet. Saints will quite rightly stick by him for the time being.

Whether there is improvement from last season remains to be seen at the moment though.

I think this is all down to the 'Gretna' effect. People think that Gretna are invincible and because they now have a 4 point gap on us some of our fans think we have chucked away the league already.

Whilst I do agree we cannot afford to drop many more silly points, Gretna WILL lose games this season - and not just 1 or 2. We just have to be patient. Our team will go on long unbeaten runs, I have no doubt about it. We just need to remember, its a marathon not a sprint and if we continually put this 'must win' pressure on our players every single game then I feel we will be the ones to blame for not winning the league, not the boys.

We need to get off their backs, get behind them and start supporting them and giving them the encouragement they need and maybe when things are conspiring against them (like Saturday), our encouragement will inspire them to change their own luck.

Come on ye Saints - lets show these rich boys how its done!

We've seen this situation before with past managers, losing points early on then struggling for the rest of the season, we'll have to beat Gretna 3 times to make sure we'll finish above them which will be tricky as best!

This is complete stupidity.

Coyle has improved us in the small time he has been here! Look at Gus at St. Mirren, it took him a while to get things into shape, but the fans and board kept patience with him and look where they are now!

We have dropped points, but it is still very, very early! We are still in both cups and are unbeaten! I can understand frustration with our poor performances, but replacing Coyle will only set us back again!

As mentioned in other threads champions can be known to have a poor start to a season, lets just give them a chance!