COYLE TO GO

rickardo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that now, we are seeing the progression that we all wanted to see from this team, and even if we don't beat Gretna to the title, which I still belive that we will do, we have seen the step forward that shows Coyle has what it takes.

I think that the addition of Stewart to his team may be the experienced voice that he needs to give him a little guidance on the more subtle tactics, such as time wasting subs, but for me, we now have a management team that can take us back to the SPL and establish us there.

He's an absolute disgrace to St Johnstone FC - should never have been appointed and continues to do our media relations no favours - and has no respect for the Chairman and continues to damage his reputation of not being a coffee connoisseur!

Get him out, NOW!

(One Owen Coyle! :P )

• 1 month later...
I am tottaly pissed off with theese perfomances and think its down to shit tactics ,coyle in my eyes is lost,sack him now :evil:

In the many years I have known Rickardo, he is usually right about such matters. Though I think middle age is sinking in earlier than it should and his judgement becomes clouded ; ) But what worries me is that we treat Owen Coyle like we did Sturrock. Luggy was United through and through and now we have a west coast manager loved and coveted by many in the west. If he continues to be as successful as he has been are we going to get all the Judas shouts if he decides to leave.

Guest Nairn Saint
In the many years I have known Rickardo, he is usually right about such matters. Though I think middle age is sinking in earlier than it should and his judgement becomes clouded ; ) But what worries me is that we treat Owen Coyle like we did Sturrock. Luggy was United through and through and now we have a west coast manager loved and coveted by many in the west. If he continues to be as successful as he has been are we going to get all the Judas shouts if he decides to leave.

Hi SS, fair point. The only good thing about other clubs coveting our manager, or players for that matter, is that we will have been successful for that to happen. Inverness Calamity Thistle have experienced this for a while now but have managed to keep on track.

If he continues to be as successful as he has been are we going to get all the Judas shouts if he decides to leave.

Sturrock was different having just said prior to leaving at a meet the supporters night that he wasn't interested in any return to Tannadump. That's why he gets called Judas. As long as Owen is honest with the club, the board and the fans, I don't think any of us would hold a grudge if he left to go to a bigger club (or one with more potential) - however outside of the OF and the Edinburgh sides, I don't think there are many that fall into that category just now.

Guest Nairn Saint
I cant believe some people want coyle to go he has been a great success this season are people forgetting what we done in the cup and we done what we had to do in hamilton and it was all down to gretna anyway

Sorry I think you have missed the irony in that this thread started up at a time when some did consider that Coyle going was a legitimate call. I doubt any sane Saints fan, and there are a few out there, would wish Owen to depart.

Coyles been our best gaffer since Sturrock. We've had 3 naff managers since. Sandy Clark lived off Sturrocks team for two years....look what happened when he changed it? Billy Stark coodnt save us from relegation.....but then he coodnt get us up either!

John Connolly was by far the shittest in a while.....

Coyle is good. We're lucky to have the guy :D

why are people even thinking he should go? ok, no cups this season but look at what we have done...

pushed gretna right til the final minute

saints 3-0 dundee united?

rangers 0-2 saints

saints 3-0 falkirk

saints 1-3 hibs

saints1-2 celtic

saints 2-1 motherwell

do you not think that sounds pritty good?

coyle to stay!