Welcome to the new We Are Perth Forum

Jamie_Beatson

Quite liked the old site. Felt like I was back in the 90's in my "safe place", when the world was all dial-up modems, CRT monitors and I was not the physical and emotional wreck I am now.

Fantastic work though. feel free to "Like" yourselves.

Any idea how u go to a certain page or the last page of a topic without havin to go thro them all? On the mobile version

Admittedly I'm testing this on a laptop rather than a mobile but it seems to me when you click on a thread link it automatically jumps to the earliest unread post? Can someone try this on a mobile and confirm?

So I'd need to go thro all the old ones again, I know on pie and bovril it jumps to the last one u read

That's exactly what it's going to do on this site as well.

Right now maybe you need to look at some posts again but in the next couple of weeks once new threads replace the existing ones I think it will be the same as P&B (we have exactly the same software so no reason to believe otherwise).

If you mark all forums to unread it basically resets the threads. Meaning the next time you click on it you will end up at the last unread post, which will be a new one to you.

Yeah, you can do this on the mobile skin by clicking top right and then pressing "Mark all posts read".

wow did not expect this . loved the old site and im sure with a bit of getting used to this will be even better. the work you guys put in is much appreciated.

the 1 little thing that is bugging me is that when i click on the "next unread thread" i can be taken to the bottom of the page and i dont realise what topic im reading unless i scroll to the top. if the subject was placed next to the dat in each persons post this would help-i dont know if this can be done or not? i may also just be a pernickity fud

Looks smart, works on me phone too, but I'm a little concerned about the content of the advertisements. Are they trying to tell me something? Feckin' 'ell, i'm still a young laddie, it was my 11th wedding anniversary yesterday, not sure I'm ready for online mature dating sites quite yet!

In all seriousness though, there are youngsters that use this site too, is there an age appropriate filter on the advertisements? Stupid thing is that the official site is banned through my work's proxy filter (which I have obviously disabled :wink: ) but this site isn't.

edit - I take it back, it's now suggesting a method to lose three dress sizes - just what I needed.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Looks smart, works on me phone too, but I'm a little concerned about the content of the advertisements. Are they trying to tell me something? Feckin' 'ell, i'm still a young laddie, it was my 11th wedding anniversary yesterday, not sure I'm ready for online mature dating sites quite yet!

In all seriousness though, there are youngsters that use this site too, is there an age appropriate filter on the advertisements? Stupid thing is that the official site is banned through my work's proxy filter (which I have obviously disabled :wink: ) but this site isn't.

edit - I take it back, it's now suggesting a method to lose three dress sizes - just what I needed.

The ads are served based on your browsing/google search history and the content of the pages. Google offers no way as far as I can see of filtering out anything.

It seems like for the first few pages you get these semi dubious ads, then it settles down and gives you normal stuff. No idea why right enough....