Alan Mannus

Dylan-Saints

Enckleman was fantastic for us and his pros far outweigh the cons.

Comparing the 2 keepers statistically you could say Enckleman was able to carry/cover for the defence whereas Mannus can't.

I reckon if Enckleman had conceded some of the goals that Mannus has conceded then he would of got dogs abuse for it.

Enckleman was fantastic for us and his pros far outweigh the cons.

Comparing the 2 keepers statistically you could say Enckleman was able to carry/cover for the defence whereas Mannus can't.

I reckon if Enckleman had conceded some of the goals that Mannus has conceded then he would of got dogs abuse for it.

I think your right. Enckleman had set his standard pretty high so mistakes, and he was making some pretty horrendous ones looked even worse. Mannus hasnt made any spectacular errors but neither has he made many spectacular match winning saves. He is rated extremely highly by his old clubs though. I think that maybe he just has to adjust to a stronger league. Bit of support and Im sure he will come good.

Enckelman was a good shot stopper , was pish at crosses , shite at passbacks , had the distribution of ando and couldn't see much if his contact lenses moved (the blind fecker) , that's even before we get onto the defence having no confidence in him if he messed up in the first 5 mins . On the plus side he was better than smith .

Enks form went downhill when Lomas arrived. Ando has also looked a lot less steady than he did in the previous 2 years.

Is it maybe something to do with the defensive organisation that's the issue here and not the actual guys on the park

Thats more like it!I also blame Steve Lomas for this!

I love the way this arguement is going. Enckelman's clean sheets were all down to the defence and Mannus' lack of them is... all down the defence. Priceless stuff.

I possibly set it off down tis road but it wasn't my intention. All I was trying to do was point out that clean sheets aren't a great indicator of keeper's ability. McGregor is superb for Scotland but he could have Enkelman beside him and they would struggle to keep a clean sheet with that defence.

I thought Enkelman was a superb keeper for us.

Get a grip! Is it not something to with the defence that we are not keeping clean sheets, enks couldn't kick or catch the ball!

If you're going to comment at least make it factual. His kicking was shite but his handling was absolutely outstanding. Oh, and it's the same defence that Mannus is working with. I'd also argue Mannus's kicking is worse than Encks. At least as bad.

Edited by Broon

If you're going to comment at least make it factual. His kicking was shite but his handling was absolutely outstanding. Oh, and it's the same defence that Mannus is working with. I'd also argue Mannus's kicking is worse than Encks. At least as bad.

I beg to differ on the handling quote.I've never ever seen a 'keeper parry so many shots than Enks,almost everything low down was double palmed to himself as that was what he was comfortable with,to his credit or good fortune he wasn't caught out.

I think you're being a little unfair re: the deflected goals Radford. I actually think we've been massively unfortunate on that score this season. You're talking about maybe 4-5 of those goals coming off a defender's arse/foot/thigh after the keeper has already started to commit himself. I personally think he couldn't have done more with Fowler's goal for Killie, the one at Eski and certainly the one against Ross County, which deflected off of Craig and went at a complete right angle to the initial direction of the shot and went pretty much in at the only angle that would have seen it into the net.

I'd be interested to know how many goals we've scored this season that have been as a result of a deflection compared to the ones we've conceded. Certainly feels we've had a bit of poor fortune as far as that goes.

Over the weekend you can add Hearts Caley and County to the unfortunate list of deflections. Nothing the keepers could do

OK iam convinced not that I was a doubter, Mannus is a decent keeper, it must be the defence that are leaking the goals.! or is it a different class of striker that can knock a ball of the opposition and it ends up in the back of the net.

Just seen the Celtic Arbroath goals ,so thats another two keepers at fault for deflections.