Saints V Queens Park Slc 4Th Round 25/9/12 K-O 7.45Pm

The ghost of Jim Morton

Well done Saints. Job done. Was a bit worried at the start with the line up the manager had selected but to be fair to him and the players they did a pretty professional job. Tuffey made on great save but looked very suspect for their goal and overall he did not fill me with confidence but other than him I thought all "the lads" did reasonably well. I thought Super Davie Robbo played well and was delighted for him. Tade was great as was Muzz and Ando.. McLean took his goals well but should have had 5. Beattie though, looks miles away from a first team start. As for QP, they did okay and might have been on the end of a couple of poor refereeing decisions. Good luck to them in the league..The sending off though was spot on as the lad actually just kicked out at the Saints player rather than try to tackle him. Delighted to be into the last 8 with no dramas.

Oh and Radford....... I told you so :wink:

Made hard work of it as usual. Should have had the game won in first 20 mins. QP are a 3rd division team & it showed.

McLean should have had 4 but was quite impressed by him. Seems to win his share of headers & knock ons & they usually go to our players.

Hope Mannus doesn`t get injured as I was not impressed by the little Tuffey had to do.

Tam Scobbie needs a lot of game time & Robertson was his usual.

The rest of the team did well & Muzz plays every game like a cup final. No wonder he gets so many injuries.

Decent, reasonably comfortable night. Queens Park are a hard working team that caused a couple of problems. But I'm certain that on a dry, calm night we would have murdered them. Impressed by MacLean got in position well and could have had 4 or 5. Decent early save from Tuffey but he was badly at fault for the goal. Like Tade a lot. Have we ever had a striker work as hard?

Nice to see Beattie, but he is well away from match fitness.

I'm confident that MacLean can do a job this sat.

Robbo had a good game. Probably his best for saints. His quick thinking and excellent delivery led to the opener. He was relishing the "in the hole" position in the first 25-30 mins. He then disappeared for a while but got a second wind near the end and was decent again. There were a few classic Robbo moments littered throughout the match but he put in a good performance.

Enjoyable game, thought some of the fringe players lacked sharpness but guess that is to be expected. Should have probably converted more of the chances created, great finish from Liam and with his right foot which I thought he just used for standing on. Not sure about the red card as looked very harsh from where I was sitting but would like to see again. Tade impresses me with his work ethic and is a real handful, Nigel also looked threatening but sometimes the end product is not quite there yet. McClean could easily have scored 4 and perhaps missed two easier chances than he scored.

Enjoyed the game and the fringe players did well. Only Scobbie and Robertson were poor though Robbo did have some good moments.

Although Tuffey should have saved the goal it did bounce before him on a wet surface. The boy who scored made Mark Yardley look like a size zero.

i thought the sending off was harsh.

It was certainly cynical, Miller left him with a deft turn and he went through late, but it wasn't malicious, two footed, he wasn't off the ground. It wasn't exactly a leg breaker.

Booking for me.

Overall a pretty professional performance, agree with most of Ghostie's points, although I don't think Tade looked his best wide right.

And the jury is still out on Cheeam Scoabee for me