Levein: Sack Or Back

Abernethy Saint

Levein in or out?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coltrane would you of sacked the Rubin Kazan manager that managed a draw against barca a week or so before playing 4-6-0?

It was Leveins biggest mistake, he over estimated the ability of our midfielders to play that formation.

I would agree with this. Some people have also defended Levein by saying Barcelona and Spain play without a striker but there is a huge difference in the way those players wefre brought up and their ability to the Scotland players. I sometimes think we get more caught up in formations than ability but if a team is set up in a certain way the manager must ensure the players he has can perform in it.

Alot of people have been criticising Levein for being too defensive, when in actual fact he is one of the most attacking managers we've seen in a long time. If anything can be levelled against him it's that he believes the likes of Morrison, Maloney, Snodgrass and co can dictate the game and keep creating chances in the other half. The truth is they can't and realistically short term our best chance of picking up the odd result would be to pack our midfield that sit deeper and hope for the odd goal from a set piece or corner just like we play away, but who wants to see that? What does that build for the future?

It's going to take time to create a generation of new players, lets give all the levein and Wotte a chance to create a new style of play. The likes of Strachan, Smith or Souness wouldn't have us qualifying either!

Alot of people have been criticising Levein for being too defensive, when in actual fact he is one of the most attacking managers we've seen in a long time. If anything can be levelled against him it's that he believes the likes of Morrison, Maloney, Snodgrass and co can dictate the game and keep creating chances in the other half. The truth is they can't and realistically short term our best chance of picking up the odd result would be to pack our midfield that sit deeper and hope for the odd goal from a set piece or corner just like we play away, but who wants to see that? What does that build for the future?

It's going to take time to create a generation of new players, lets give all the levein and Wotte a chance to create a new style of play. The likes of Strachan, Smith or Souness wouldn't have us qualifying either!

How long would you like to give Levein? Wotte i have no problem with but Levein has had two failed campaigns in which we have beaten only Lithuania and Liechtenstein. We are tumbling down the rankings so quickly that qualifying is going to become almost impossible as we will be in the same pot as those two.

Not sure we can afford to keep Levein. I read today that a half empty Hampden for the rest of the games will cost the SFA £1.8m. I think that the end of the campaign is way too late. We will be setting a new manager an impossible task. I would also say that Levein has better players than those other managers.

Whether you want Levein to stay or go the SFA have treated him abysmally because they have yet again proven they dont have the balls to make a decision. They should all be sacked.

Blimey. When I set this poll up, I didn't know it would cost £700k to be rid of him.

Here's a poser.......

Those of us who voted for sacking the nice but useless chap, would you still do it if it meant taking out a huge chunk of what the SFA has to promote youth footy, development, etc etc etc.

Must admit, has made methink.

And by the way, let's not hear he should give it up, because there'snot one of us would do that.

Coltrane would you of sacked the Rubin Kazan manager that managed a draw against barca a week or so before playing 4-6-0?

It was Leveins biggest mistake, he over estimated the ability of our midfielders to play that formation.

Yep, I personally would sack any manager for playing that form of non football. I would rather Scotland were at least attempting to play attacking football. I would rather have a glorious defeat than the dross that is on display during one of Leveins pitiful attempts to tactically out-manouver the opposition.

Yep, I personally would sack any manager for playing that form of non football. I would rather Scotland were at least attempting to play attacking football. I would rather have a glorious defeat than the dross that is on display during one of Leveins pitiful attempts to tactically out-manouver the opposition.

The truth is most nations are better than they were ten years ago, especially the smaller nations. Throw caution to the wind and there would be no glorious failure, rather crushing defeats as we are opened up. Lets not forget our victories against France, I damn enjoyed them, even though we were camped in our own half!?

I have mixed feelings about this Levein news, there is no positive outcome.

My personal opinion runs something like the following:

Was Levein a piss poor Scotland manager? Yes

Is there someone who is all 3 of, better, available and interested? Ehmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

The success of this decision depends 100% on who comes in next. I am not optimistic, but look forward to the SFA pulling something out of the hat, not with baited breath though.

Fan Power Phase 2? No pleasure in this though; good luck to him in future. As long as it's not in Perth....

Now let's go for Doncaster & co.....

I would be quite happy to have him at Saints. Got a good club record and I don't think he'll be out of the game for long.

In most jobs you get sacked if you don't perform ....but only in football do they give you your salary for the remaining time you would have had.

I'd love a job where i go in, sign for 4 years, make a pigs ear of it, get sacked........hit the beach!

I wonder if the SFA have pulled a fast one here. They are not saying that he has been sacked. They have said he has been relieved of his duties and they will honour his contract.

If levein wants a new job then he will have to resign from the SFA and as such they will have saved money. If they had sacked him they would have had to pay him off for the length of his contract.

I'd be happy with Strachan. Anyone who wound up the OF as much as he did is fine wiith me - even if he started off with the other lot down (or are they up?) the river. The image of the wee man trying to get his leg over the ad hoardings after scoring in Mexico - brilliant - the man has great passion for Scotland and was not a bad player at all.

I wonder if the SFA have pulled a fast one here. They are not saying that he has been sacked. They have said he has been relieved of his duties and they will honour his contract.

If levein wants a new job then he will have to resign from the SFA and as such they will have saved money. If they had sacked him they would have had to pay him off for the length of his contract.

Doubt it to be honest. If that were the case then surely others would have tried it previously?