Richard Brittain

john1962

As it seems the SPL/SFA will decide, and that the SPL and the SFL are about to merge - meaning the structure of it will change and decision making panels will have to be established, there is a distinct possibility of them just making up rules to suit, like they did with Rangers.  As with every governing body in the world now, any decision will have rights of appeal to the SFA, then to UEFA, the courts, etc. etc.  It could take a long long time to sort this out. 

Having thought about this for a while, I have come to the conclusion that this is Ross County's line of attack.  Register the player, creating an unprecedented situation, which could remain unresolved for longer than RBs 2 year contract with Saints.  They will argue that the PCA may as well be torn up, because RB won't be able to play for us while the case is ongoing, and if we lose the case we will be liable for his wages and costs etc. for the 2 years.

If this is the case, then they are a bunch of dirty cheating ba****ds who deserve to be punted out of the SPL/SFL for bringing the game into disrepute.  Then see them unable to play any football for years while appeal after appeal continues.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Having thought about this for a while, I have come to the conclusion that this is Ross County's line of attack.  Register the player, creating an unprecedented situation, which could remain unresolved for longer than RBs 2 year contract with Saints.  They will argue that the PCA may as well be torn up, because RB won't be able to play for us while the case is ongoing

=======

Surely he won't be able to play for anyone during the case?

=======

Surely he won't be able to play for anyone during the case?

=====

Correct, but if Saints are claiming they have him under contract, we could be liable for his pay, so (from RC's perspective) this waste of money can be avoided by tearing up the PCA.  If the PCA is torn up, he is free to play for RC again.

Really RC will say its a lose-lose for Saints.  Either have him, pay him and not be allowed to play him, or give him back for nothing.

I think Saints have already been much nicer about this than many other clubs would have been, and again the club has shown that it conducts itself with a great deal of integrity. In this case people have actually gone out of their way to try to be reasonable and get round a table to find a compromise.

But at this point I tend to think Saints have made all the moves they need to. They've tried to have discussions with Ross County about it, which they weren't actually obliged to do. Surely there's no other step required? We signed the player, fairly and squarely. He's ours once the date of his contract kicks in, and he should be expected to turn up for work. If he doesn't turn up, he gets disciplined and fined. If he doesn't want to play for Saints, he should hand in a transfer request. If Ross County (or any other club) want him, they should make a bid. What else is left for Saints to discuss?

What on earth are County playing at? registering a player that isn't theirs!? now surely there's a rule being broken somewhere with this latest move? you can't just register a player with your club, a player that has a contractual agreement with another...surely? I'm just about done with County and their stupid mind games and the total lack of respect shown towards our club, it's beyond a joke. Someone needs to meet this MacGregor **** and give him a ****in boot in the balls, he's a total wanker.

Hmmm, bets on him failing the medical to get out of it???

Sod him, if he wants to go to Dingwall, let him.... We're going to Europe! :cool:

Failing a medical only gives the club the option to cancel the PCA (as Celtic done on one occasion). It does not mean that the PCA is null and void. Even though the player fails a medical, the club can still 'employ' him as per the PCA.

Failing the medical does not mean the player can decide jack-shit

Am I missing something here or is not the case that Ross County couldn't, even if they wanted to, register him until 1st July when the transfer window opens??? The same goes for Saints.

Neither club can register him until 1st July (regardless of any contracts he's signed) so it's going to end up a race to get the paperwork in to the SFA.

Failing a medical only gives the club the option to cancel the PCA (as Celtic done on one occasion). It does not mean that the PCA is null and void. Even though the player fails a medical, the club can still 'employ' him as per the PCA.

Failing the medical does not mean the player can decide jack-shit

======

Yes I know that, but that it could give the club a get-out. The way things are dragging along we're going to end up getting **** all compo and a big legal bill unless the SFA actually do the right thing for once. He doesn't want to come; SB won't want a player who doesn't want to be here; and we sure as hell don't want him here. With hindsight SB shouldn't even have had any dealings with MacGregor. This is between Saints, the player and his agent. It's got **** all to do with the Dingles.

Edited by Denzil

Am I missing something here or is not the case that Ross County couldn't, even if they wanted to, register him until 1st July when the transfer window opens??? The same goes for Saints.

Neither club can register him until 1st July (regardless of any contracts he's signed) so it's going to end up a race to get the paperwork in to the SFA.

Our paper work is already with the SFA, it is just the date of the contract kicking in that we are waiting for.

Following Jean-Marc Bosman's success at bringing about the re-writing of the football transfer rules, we now refer to an out of contract transfer as a "Bosman".

I wonder if, in years to come, when some little jug eared scrotum fails to honour a PCA he'll be referred to as a "Bawsack"?

Following Jean-Marc Bosman's success at bringing about the re-writing of the football transfer rules, we now refer to an out of contract transfer as a "Bosman".

I wonder if, in years to come, when some little jug eared scrotum fails to honour a PCA he'll be referred to as a "Bawsack"?

Would it not be a "whinging little shitbag" signing?

On a more serious note, how can a team register a player for the club without a contract being in place.

I'm sure the SPL and the SFA will probably need both to register a player to a specific club. Even trialists have a temporary contract.

I think Ross County and more particularly their Chairman, if you can call him that, are trying to force an issue because we are rejecting everything they want.

I for one would not have him at the club and for him to be busted in half by someone. His professionalism is dreadful and he's a greetin pus.

FYI from http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/SPL%20Rules%20at%2012-May-10%20%5BCURRENT%5D.pdf

Our rules.

D1.13 A Club must, as a condition of Registration and for a Player to 
be eligible to Play in Official Matches, deliver the executed 
originals of all Contracts of Service and amendments and/or 
extensions to Contracts of Service and all other agreements 
providing for payment, other than for reimbursement of 
expenses actually incurred, between that Club and Player, to 
the Secretary, within fourteen days of such Contract of Service 
or other agreement being entered into, amended and/or, as the 
case may be, extended. 

Dunno if this is where County will fall down but as far as I was aware with the contracts you cannot offer someone a contract under the FIFA rulings if a pre-contract has been agreed and accepted by both club and player.

The whole rules are interesting reading about who can register, contracts of service and more importantly when a player reaches the last 6 months of their contract. Think County, by reading whats been said and whats happened so far are being very naughty.

As far as the SPL would be concerned his contract of service ends and we have offered him, which he has previously accepted, a new contract of service.
Edited by St Mikey

What bothers me about all this apart from county being totall dicks is that there is a deathly silence from the spl/sfa surely they could have come out and said saints have a contract and that's the end of it how hard can it be we've done everything by the rules county can go and do one

They didn't have to as until today there has been no challenge.  The little shit admitted it was up to Saints and Brittain so there was nothing to be decided.  Its only now that this verminous bunch have actually challenged.  they obviously couldn't get what they wanted yesterday so this is their route.  Still a bit of me thinks that they are thinking if they make enough noise Saints will back down. What I can see now is a decision from the SFA/SFL/SPFL? then the losers appealing to next level until it reaches the CAS then civil court if they  feel strongly enough.  I cant see how Brittain can play for anyone in all that time.