Tynecastle Latest......

Jimmy Wallace

• 3 weeks later...

I was just thinking that in Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and yes even Rangers situation you can't blame the fans at all.

So it's always important who you have on the board. Of these clubs Rangers should never got themselves into the biggest mess ever in Scottish football because they had a good revenue stream.

Romanov let everybody down not just Hearts fans since a lot of us wanted a third force from somewhere.

Bit of a rant, but here goes...

I see Hearts have today put all their players up for sale in a bid to raise funds to meet outstanding tax bills and pay wages.  That is fair enough, but they seem to blame the supporters for being tardy in purchasing season tickets.

I find this a pretty shocking statement.

A shares issue raised £1.1m six months ago, and around 7000 fans have shelled out for season tickets already (estimating here, but around £2.5m?). Where will that investment from the supporters go?  Do any of them have the faintest idea what is going to happen to the club, considering it seems to be in the hands of a foreign banking group's administrators as an asset?  

Now I know Saints fans are fewer in number than Hearts, but at least we buy season tickets in the knowledge that we might get to watch some football!  

The big businessmen and companies that run clubs like Rangers, Hearts etc. etc. don't have money, they have numbers on computers, sometimes positive, sometimes negative, floating around in cyberspace.  No decisions they make affect how much they can spend on grocery shopping that week, or what their kids get for Christmas, because their own salaries are set.  Asking the fans to part with £300-£400 in this current economy, and insinuating that not doing so is the reason for the club's position is despicable in my opinion.

Interested to know what other people think 'supporting your club' really means, because to me it isn't taking food off my kids plates to fund the complete unknown.  Am I miles of the mark here?

I reckon the Hearts fans have gone above and beyond in supporting the club. After all they put their hard earned cash into the share issue...which may well turn out to be money down the drain if the club goes into admin etc. Even if it doesn't and there is some sort of buy-out I don't expect the fans to see much of their cash back (if any).

If I were a Hearts fan who had already supported the share issue, I'd be waiting until there was clarity as to what was happening with the club before putting season ticket money in.

Add to that that the club are basically saying pay us x hundred pound to watch a side that in theory at least could be a skeleton squad if their decent players actually attract some offers.

Wonder if Danny Wilson is regretting his move yet....in fact I wonder if we can buy him for a nominal sum!!

"Our financial deficit can, in part, be attributed to our worst league finish in over 30 years last season. This had a significant direct impact on the business. Other factors that hit revenues include the absence of Rangers Football Club from the SPL and significantly increased stadium costs particularly in relation to the Main Stand."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130613/board-statement-financial-and-player-update_2241384_3208756

Looks like the Danny Wilson signing was a good bit of business. He must be on quite a hefty wage right? he was on £20k a week at Liverpool, can't imagine they'd be able to continue paying him for a whole season, especially when they're having to sell players to pay wages. Maybe brought in on a free with the view of selling for a profit to help them survive.

Looks like the Danny Wilson signing was a good bit of business. He must be on quite a hefty wage right? he was on £20k a week at Liverpool, can't imagine they'd be able to continue paying him for a whole season, especially when they're having to sell players to pay wages. Maybe brought in on a free with the view of selling for a profit to help them survive.

I wouldn't be surprised if this move is ruled illegal in some way, as Hearts must have known they couldn't fulfil what's in his contract.  Any other club taking him on would almost certainly argue this.

The Danny Wilson thing is what really pissed me off about these situations.  Hearts have known for a long time they're in the s**t with no sign of getting out of it, yet they come out and say they'll have one of the highest player budgets in the SPL which allows them to sign players like Danny Wilson.  Meanwhile, other clubs are living within their means and losing out on better players because other clubs are paying wages they can't afford.  I know it's nothing new but it still pisses me off!

I think they might try for a CVA. It allows them to stay in the SPL next season, less 15 pts.

This is where I don't understand how it works.  They owe HMRC bits and bobs, but if they go into administration and seek a CVA, their primary creditors will be the bank and the other dudes in Lithuania, who they owe 15m and 10m to,  Surely there would be an absolute requirement to sell the assets to repay the maximum amount.  

In the Rangers case it was the club in administration, but in this case the assets must be owned by the Lithuanians, and as a football stadium it's worth x, but as a bit of real estate land it is worth many times more.  Ibrox was listed and Murray Park constrained from redevelopment, and both were in a shite hole.  Tynecastle is a housing developer's dream.

In my view Hearts have to stay afloat as a company or the whole lot will be liquidated and they will have no place to start again from. 

It's a pretty dreadful state of affairs.  I do feel extremely sorry for the fans who have parted with cash to try to keep them going, but the complete separation of the money and ownership from the football on the park seems to me to make the future of Tynecastle and other assets completely a business decision, and nothing to do with football.

I am with the comments on Danny Wilson. Now I don't grudge the young lad a chance to kick start his career but how the hell are Hearts able to afford this bright young prospect when tehy are so in debt. It is just not fair !!

==================

What the hell is the laddie's agent thinking about, advising him that this move will further his career?