Prices For Thurs V Minsk

saintbear

Can we please, PLEASE get on with discussing who's playing left-mid-wing for Minsk and where we're drinking before and is Murray fit (don't take that the wrong way) and fireworks and how feckin brilliant it is that we're still in Europe and how brilliant we're playing and shut shut shut shut the feck up about the ticket price. The club have made a decision, it's been discussed beyond death, right or wrong, shutupshutupshutup!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If you can't afford to go, neither can we - we're taking money out of savings to go. If you can't do that, that's a shame - been there, done that. Turn the radio on, get over it. I genuinely sympathise, but your chance will come again.  If you can, enjoy the game.

SHUT UP SHUT UPSHUT UP.

Right. Rant over.

I know you think that's smart, but comes across as smug and I'm alright Jack attitude to me. I CAN afford it and WILL be there, but I'm not forgetting my fellow supporters who can't afford it,typifieswhat's wrong with our materialistic and uncaring society

Never been more serious Dave.

I was of the opinion that the cost was preventing you from attending.

Glad you can make the game.

Apologies if I misread your post.

I'll be honest and say I don't think the price will make a huge difference to our attendance on Thursday.

The people of Perth on the whole ignore this fantastic club and will only come out for the big names. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I can't see much more than 5000 coming. If we can get anything near Rosenborg crowd I would be delighted.

As a season ticket holder I have no issue with paying full price and feel that Saints have got it about right. A slight reduction to North Stand prices (based on perhaps £22 for an adult) is the only change I would suggest. I also agree with the sit anywhere policy as it should make it easier and quicker for people to find seats, especially large groups who wish to sit together.If the club has not already decided on a way to show its appreciation for those that attend against Minsk then I would like to see reduced prices for the next home game and would suggest £15 as the adult price. Vouchers could be issued on Thursday to publicise this although I would make the reduced price available to all who go to the Ross County game (next home fixture), including away fans.Incidentally only 2500 attended the last match between the sides which was a crucial top six fixture so the club would have a decent comparison to help decide the effectiveness of such a promotion.

Not sure Saints can afford to drop the prices for the County game. In all likelihood, you'll see a similarly smaller crowd paying significantly less per head. That spells only one thing for the club.

Are some people saying they can't afford to come on Thursday because the ticket price is around £5 more expensive than other games, or because this is a additional game which means an extra £25.

I would happily pay an extra few pounds for every Europa league game, because it rarely happens - this is only the 8th European home game in the clubs history, the equivalent on todays prices of £40 extra over a liftetime.

However this may all change once Saints become regular participants in Europa Cup league stages every year!

I can certainly understand why league game attendances may suffer around this time by picking and choosing which games to attend for financial reasons, although this is completely beyond the understanding of certain BBC pundits.

A voucher for half price/reduced entry to a league match would be an excellent idea - get the part time fans back for a non-glamour match - but I fear it would further wind up the ST holders who would see it as undermining their privileges.

As someone who paid at the gate for the last three seasons and who now has a season ticket, I'm all for giving people vouchers for reduced entry at league matches. Anything to encourage people to get back attending games has to be a good thing.

I got a season ticket for several reasons. It saves me money now that I'm regularly going to every home game, it also means I don't have to keep aside at least £44 each month (sometimes more) and it offers me some security for potentially popular all ticket matches. I'm not precious about Saints not reducing the prices for the paying punters at all.

Maybe it's because I know what it's like and would've appreciated a discount every now and then!

The club have just had almost 14000 through the gate in the last 2 games,bringing in a significant amount of money,and i believe prices should've been more kind,a maximum of £20,i dont think we'll get any where near as many as  last thursday now.

ST holders are paying the full price & they're not even guaranteed getting their own seat if someone's already sitting in it. It was established in Stuart Duff's days years ago that even if ST holders were paying to get into a cup game they would still get to sit in their reserved seat. I'm sure if you went into the West stand on Thurs & tried to claim one of the hospitality seats the stewards would be told to move you. I'm not happy about this at all. Are they trying to cram everyone into 3 stands on Thurs. Saints had less than half the 6100 crowd on Sat so where were the other 4000+ that where at the Rosenborg match?

I'll be honest and say I don't think the price will make a huge difference to our attendance on Thursday.

The people of Perth on the whole ignore this fantastic club and will only come out for the big names. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I can't see much more than 5000 coming. If we can get anything near Rosenborg crowd I would be delighted.

I think it will as a lot of ST holders I've spoken to are not too chuffed about paying the full price especially as Minsk are an inferior side to Rosenborg.

Are some people saying they can't afford to come on Thursday because the ticket price is around £5 more expensive than other games, or because this is a additional game which means an extra £25.

I would happily pay an extra few pounds for every Europa league game, because it rarely happens - this is only the 8th European home game in the clubs history, the equivalent on todays prices of £40 extra over a liftetime.

However this may all change once Saints become regular participants in Europa Cup league stages every year!

I can certainly understand why league game attendances may suffer around this time by picking and choosing which games to attend for financial reasons, although this is completely beyond the understanding of certain BBC pundits.

Football is too expensive in this country full stop. The mainstay of the saints support will attend at these prices and will drag along family/friends. If the club were hoping for 8000+ they are over charging. Motherwell got a pretty poor crowd in their euro tie charging a premium. Most family's who are not diehard saintees will struggle to justify the outlay. Fwiw I reckon the crowd will be around 6000-6500.

No being funny but ST holders get a braw deal.

Can't see why anyone would think they are due a further favour from Saints for a game of such importance. Regardless of opposition this is bigger than the Rosenborg game.

Aye, it's a wee bit cheeky of Saints to put a couple of quid on the price but ultimately thats what it is - a couple of quid. The price of a pie.

No happy? Don't come, only one loser really.

i am not a ST holder but have followed saints for years so me, my and my dad will pay the price for thurs as this is potentially one of the few times (hopefully not) we get european footie at mcd.  turns out my mum who has never been wants to come :laugh: .she'll be paying £12!

But my two mates who were going to come are now not as they had both thought the price would be cheaper as they perceive minsk to be a lesser time than rosenborg.  Reduced prices i would have thought would mean a similar or larger crowd in mcd for minsk than the rosenborg game which would have meant a better atmosphere but the financial health of the club is absolutely critical at the mo. Can see both points of view. Just think the club could have put a wee message out with the prices thanking EVERYONE for their support as well as acknowledging they have put the prices up.

confident we'll go through and roll on the next round.  Praying my maw doesnt shop me to the stewards when i over celebrate our goals!

No being funny but ST holders get a braw deal.

Can't see why anyone would think they are due a further favour from Saints for a game of such importance. Regardless of opposition this is bigger than the Rosenborg game.

Aye, it's a wee bit cheeky of Saints to put a couple of quid on the price but ultimately thats what it is - a couple of quid. The price of a pie.

No happy? Don't come, only one loser really.

Well given some of the crowds we were getting last season if you substracted the ST holders & the away fans there were hardly any Saints fans paying at the gate. I suppose you'll say you paid at the gate to attend every  home game last season no doubt.

Well given some of the crowds we were getting last season if you substracted the ST holders & the away fans there were hardly any Saints fans paying at the gate. I suppose you'll say you paid at the gate to attend every home game last season no doubt.

Nope. I paid to get into about 8. That make you feel happy?

And have paid at the gate probably a few hundred times or whatever since the 80's.

Not that point scoring has anything to do with this thread.

Possibly the biggest match in the last god knows how many years and  all folk seem to be doing is  moaning. ENOUGH!!!!

How many people would happily piss £50 up against the wall on a saturday night yet here we are on the brink of something so  utterly special and we have fans  greeting about paying £3  more than a standard league game. What the **** has happened to us???

Nae wonder folk call us  diddies..

Ken what...If you dinnae like the prices,dinnae come. the rest of us will "SUPPORT" our club

This is one of the definitions of the word SUPPORT in the dictionary..

to maintain (a person, family,  institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: 

My £25 is my show of support..

Possibly the biggest match in the last god knows how many years and all folk seem to be doing is moaning. ENOUGH!!!!

How many people would happily piss £50 up against the wall on a saturday night yet here we are on the brink of something so utterly special and we have fans greeting about paying £3 more than a standard league game. What the **** has happened to us???

Nae wonder folk call us diddies..

Ken what...If you dinnae like the prices,dinnae come. the rest of us will "SUPPORT" our club

to maintain (a person, family, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for:

Aye.

Possibly the biggest match in the last god knows how many years and  all folk seem to be doing is  moaning. ENOUGH!!!!

How many people would happily piss £50 up against the wall on a saturday night yet here we are on the brink of something so  utterly special and we have fans  greeting about paying £3  more than a standard league game. What the **** has happened to us???

Nae wonder folk call us  diddies..

to maintain (a person, family,  institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: 

Ghostie is getting all angered up and Gordon Ramseyesque! Get them telt Ghostie!

Nope. I paid to get into about 8. That make you feel happy?

And have paid at the gate probably a few hundred times or whatever since the 80's.

Not that point scoring has anything to do with this thread.

Well I've had a ST since Muiirton Park so I've probably put in a fair bit into the club's coffers as well......not that I'm point scoring either.