St Johnstone Official Website

jhq

"Saints are a embarrassment." Well, I didn't find them too embarrassing on May 17th.

As has been endlessly, endlessly pointed out, the OS site has the twitter feed on it, which is excellent, and bang up to date. You DO NOT have to be on twitter to read it.

So here's a crazy idea.

Read it.

e

I may be missing something as I don't have or want twitter but does it now just allow you about 5 words.

OS seems to have had about 4 tweets to tell us about 6 fixtures not the full list. Someone could maybe educate me.

Edited by Cagey

Im 99.9% certain that all teams are given the new fixtures before the general public,so it baffles me why the OS havent got round to posting them up.Granted the staff have earned their holidays and there's not much to report fixtures aside but even with reduced staff in the office im quite sure somebody there has access to a computer or are at least capable of using one. But i attmitedly very rarely look at that site anyway,i find here is apt enough for any updates i seek,so im not that bothered to be honest

But i attmitedly very rarely look at that site anyway,i find here is apt enough for any updates i seek,so im not that bothered to be honest

It's a circle effect:

Official site is never up to date > Fans rarely visit it as all the news is late/out of date > The lack of traffic to the site means that they probably don't update it as much as they should > Repeat.

What we're talking about again is the missed opportunity to communicate with new fans. If I was going to a football club for the first time, the first thing I'd do is have a search to check out their website (find out prices, see when they're playing etc etc). If you Google 'St Johnstone', the top result is the Official Website, therefore it'll undoubtably be the first stop for any new fans or visitors. These are the people that Saints are desperate to put new money into the club by coming to a match, buying a season ticket, getting something from the online shop etc etc.

Yes, you could have easily checked out the SPFL site or the BBC to find out the fixtures on the day that they were released, but Saints really should have had the info up as well, and they should have been using the social media to drive fans to the website.

More people visiting the website = more chance of somebody seeing the link to the online shop and spending money.

More people visiting the website = more exposure for the season ticket offers that are being advertised on there.

More people visiting the website = easier product to sell to advertisers (look down the left & right of the homepage) = extra income for the club.

The social media side of our comms has been great for the past couple of years, as has been constantly said in various threads (although as far as I'm aware, the Facebook & Twitter accounts are maintained by fan volunteers as opposed to the club, which would explain why the communication has been so good! :laugh: ), but the official site is our online shop window, it needs to be looked after and up to scratch.

Aye, **** Saints.

Cup winners, 6th in the league, qualified for Europe three times on the trot, but you have to scroll down almost one and a half inches on their website to get to the bang-up-to-date twitter feed to find out what's going on.

Disgrace. Sack the Board. Burn the manager. Live on TV.

So we can only complain about something if we have a shite season. Edited by Cagey

Well I for one don't want to see Steve Brown complaining at the lack of home fans at the end of this season, because, he's hardly enticing them to come to McDiarmid.

Yeah taking the cup to factories, businesses schools and working on the local community is shocking. Offering family season tickets under 12 free admission all of these things are dead because of a website.

maybe those of us that are older will remember when we were not so dependent on computers and websites. Yes it would be better if the site was updated but the personal approach to entice fans along will work a lot better than the website.