Saints Vs Hibernian 14/09/13

David123

After the 'hard-luck' (to a degree) defeat to Utd and the (albeit a half decent) point at Aberdeen, this game for me is a must win if we have illusions of maintaining a constant challenge in the upper reaches of the league.

I can see no reasons why we shouldn't win, and win comfortably, but the memories of them leaving with a mugging of a 1-0 win recently are still with me

I'd like to think that Liam will get a fantastic reception back in Perth.  Nobody that I can remember put so much effort into every minute he was on the park, and amid all the Richie Brittain nonsense he demonstrated how a professional and honest person can show the PCA arrangement not to be a total farce.  I have been happy to see him putting in the same kind of shifts for Hibs since his move too - a model professional footballer.

I just hope he has a howler and floats many corners beyond the last attacker.

Doubt Rowan will play with Heffernan on board at Hibs.  If he does, he has never said anything but positive words about Saints fans, and I would find it somewhat uncomfortable if he got a lot of booing for one comment made, when clearly he is a bit thick.

He called us a diddy club put absolutely no effort in for saints...

So lets thump them and Boo Rowan as much as possible

He called us a diddy club put absolutely no effort in for saints...

So lets thump them and Boo Rowan as much as possible

He put in as much effort as he has put in for Hibs, and he said that despite being a diddy club the fans were great.  If anyone has a gripe with him it should be TW, not the fans.  We are a diddy club - pretending otherwise makes us look stupid.  We are a better team than Hibs, and the club is better run than any other in Scotland, but we are a diddy club.  Booing reflects badly on us in this situation - just my opinion.  

He put in as much effort as he has put in for Hibs, and he said that despite being a diddy club the fans were great.  If anyone has a gripe with him it should be TW, not the fans.  We are a diddy club - pretending otherwise makes us look stupid.  We are a better team than Hibs, and the club is better run than any other in Scotland, but we are a diddy club.  Booing reflects badly on us in this situation - just my opinion.  

A diddy team are u joking...

We beat Rosenborg, finished 3rd in the league and have finished above Hibs for the last two seasons

And Saints are the diddy team you having a laugh...

Yeh we have one of the smallest budgets in the scottish premiership...

But actually we are one of the richest clubs in Scotland with no debt

I mean solely in terms of our annual budget/turnover.  We are small fry compared to others in our league and across Europe.  Just because we beat Rosenborg doesn't mean they don't have 20x our budget and therefore would be classed by anyone as 20x the size of club.

I hate the expression 'punching above our weight' - it's not true.  We are performing to the best of our ability, and other clubs with massively bigger budgets are underachieving.  If all clubs were run like Saints it would cost a fiver to get in and there'd be 15,000 folk at all the games, but it isn't, and we can't change that.  We are a diddy club, and I am bloody proud to be a supporter.

SAINTS ARE NOT A DIDDY CLUB AND WE'RE NOT PUNCHING ABOVE OUR WEIGHT... THAT WAS ROSS COUNTY PUNCHING ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT LAST SEASON... THE FACT WE HAVE FINISHED TOP 6, 2 SEASONS RUNNING PROVES THAT

Ross County finished two places lower than us last season on a marginally smaller budget?  I fail to get your point.