Lee Croft

sjfc.spl.09-10

How did Tommy Wright have to "butcher" the squad?

By getting rid of several senior players and rely on youth to make up the numbers, with a substantially reduced budget (apparently).

To be honest, it's a futile argument. I am grateful for the success we had under Lomas. It was great to watch at times, and areal highlight of a lifetime following the club.

You seem to believe the sun shines out his arse, I think he is an arse. Differing opinions.

Personally I thinkTommy Wright is a better manager in every single element of the job, and couldn't be happier with the way things are now. Lomas contributed hugely to where the club is right now. He's still an arse though in my opinion.

Lomas was one of the best managers we've had, and the sudden decision that he was a shite manager seems to be purely born from the fact nobody liked him, incredible that some people are still so bitter

Would agree with that ( I thought he was a d*** even though i was going to Hibs games at the time). But disnae mean he was a shite manager, just a shite guy.

By getting rid of several senior players and rely on youth to make up the numbers, with a substantially reduced budget (apparently).

The budgets been getting cut every season regardless. Why is Lomas responsible for this "butchering"? And what players had to leave?

Love getting up and starting my day to "The World according to Random". Genius.

You're lucky I'm only talking about football, wait until you hear my opinions about sandwich fillers

Fwiw I rate Lomas as one of the better managers we ve had at this club. He never once passed me ,my missus or laddie without saying hello or stopping for a conversation. Football is all about opinions and obviously people see and especially hear different things.

:LAUGH OUT LOUD:  Yes he said a lot of things, and spoke a lot of words, yet spent very little. It was almost as if he trying to challenge his players to prove themselves, maybe not though, but its not as clear cut as your bitterness towards him is making you believe. Managers have always tried to play mind games with their players, whats to say that wasn't one?

I had to play a round of golf with Lomas....and he bitched and moaned the whole way round about the squad not being big enough and the chairman not letting him spend this and that......so, in answer to your question above.....

I had to play a round of golf with Lomas....and he bitched and moaned the whole way round about the squad not being big enough and the chairman not letting him spend this and that......so, in answer to your question above.....

Heard similar stories a number of times. God knows how many players he actually wanted - at times last season there were 4 or 5 fit first team players sitting in the stand.

I'm glad that the negativity has been diverted onto RandomGuy now. RG, can you stop talking as if your opinions are gospel? It's really unsavoury to witness.  :wink:

My own opinion is this (not a fact, but an opinion) - Steve Lomas obviously did a decent job as manager and deserves credit for what he achieved at the club. However, his inital presence seemed to coincide with a lack of discipline both on and off the park as well as negative publicity in the press. At a similar time, we were going through a very poor run of form in the league. He was very lucky to have been manager of a club as well-run as St Johnstone. In most other cases, he would have been kicked out of the door pronto. Thankfully our chairman saw potential and kept him on. It proved to be the correct decision but I must say that, for a large amount of his time in charge, I felt very low about our club. Quite down-heartened really, which some may think is bizarre given our final position in the league. In truth, every team in the league was very close in quality last season and I genuinely believe we were capable of doing even better. Lomas was too stuck in his ways about the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation, using strikers as wingers. It wasn't a great style of play to witness and I feel our team is better this year. There is a feel-good atmosphere amongst the players and supporters, and a similar positioning is hardly unlikely. Neither is a higher points total.

As for Stevie May, he's a very exciting young talent. For me, Sandaza was the more 'complete' player, but I have no doubt that Stevie will soon be better than him if he continues to work as hard as he has.

Edited by The Real Saints

My favourite is that Lomas's outspoken bawbaggery was just mind games to challenge the players :)

I'm going to try that with my staff next week, reckon it'll get some serious results.

Good post from Real Saints Fan - really struggling to see why he feels so victimised on this site - one or two haters, but they pretty much hate everybody. Personally find your contribution positive.

I'm going to try that with my staff next week, reckon it'll get some serious results.

Good post from Real Saints Fan - really struggling to see why he feels so victimised on this site - one or two haters, but they pretty much hate everybody. Personally find your contribution positive.

A mate of mine showed me a thread on the carcrash that is Pie and Bovril where some Saints fans were arguing with each other.  TRS adopts a completely different persona on there compared to here.  At one point he claims he is bullied on WAP - and then he decides to become a wee keyboard warrior and starts being utterly condescending to other Saints fans.  I don't know what to make of the guy to be honest.

I confuse him with random guy. One of them needed a sat nav to get to Greenock and made the entire trip without joining a motorway!

How hard is it to follow signs to Glasgow then keep following the signs to Greenock?

I don't think there's a major town in Scotland (or Britain) that I'd need more than a 30 sec glance at Google Maps to find!

A mate of mine showed me a thread on the carcrash that is Pie and Bovril where some Saints fans were arguing with each other. TRS adopts a completely different persona on there compared to here. At one point he claims he is bullied on WAP - and then he decides to become a wee keyboard warrior and starts being utterly condescending to other Saints fans. I don't know what to make of the guy to be honest.

I don't go to P&B much. There are posters on there that make me feel embarrassed to be a human.

I confuse him with random guy. One of them needed a sat nav to get to Greenock and made the entire trip without joining a motorway!

How hard is it to follow signs to Glasgow then keep following the signs to Greenock?

I don't think there's a major town in Scotland (or Britain) that I'd need more than a 30 sec glance at Google Maps to find!

Aye I remember that.  :laugh:

Thanks matey! It's nothing serious really. I just find myself disagreeing with a fair amount of the opinions on here and I sometimes feel less inclined to post mine in case I get a bit of abuse for it. I've had a couple of abusive PMs on here, as well as some people trying to find out my real-life identity on Twitter. Bit bizarre really, but it's nothing that really bothers me. 

A mate of mine showed me a thread on the carcrash that is Pie and Bovril where some Saints fans were arguing with each other.  TRS adopts a completely different persona on there compared to here.  At one point he claims he is bullied on WAP - and then he decides to become a wee keyboard warrior and starts being utterly condescending to other Saints fans.  I don't know what to make of the guy to be honest.

My persona is much of a muchness between the two forums, I think. If anything, I've become a bit more of a d*** on WAP as a kind of defence mechanism whilst I'm generally easy-going on P&B. The thread you are talking about was a one-off when I was purely on the wind-up with one Saints supporter who disapproved of some of my WAP posts.

Close.. but not exactly correct. My dad had purposely set the sat nav in advance to 'avoid all motorways' because he was worried about queues on the motorways. As it turned out, a fair amount of people who travelled via the motorway ended up arriving late for the game whilst we got there with 20 minutes to spare. It was a very strange route nonetheless and I'm sure we'd choose to travel via the motorway (without a sat-nav) on the next occasion. I probably worded the P&B post incorrectly. Apologies.

Edited by The Real Saints

My persona is much of a muchness between the two forums, I think. If anything, I've become a bit more of a d*** on WAP as a kind of defence mechanism whilst I'm generally easy-going on P&B. The thread you are talking about was a one-off when I was purely on the wind-up with one Saints supporter who disapproved of some of my WAP posts.

Rubbish