Goodwin

Edstar101

I need to watch it again as I thought one of the other officials told the ref about it as he seemed to give the foul for the offence that was committed after the Goodwin incident.

As it was two yellow cards he can't appeal it.

Try BBC sport scotland. It is clear as a bell.

The incident with Goodwin was well covered by the BBC Sportscene cameras and highlighted by their panel with a closeup of Goodwin's forearm into the back of the opponents neck/head.

It was so obvious that even his own teammate could not defend it, however in real time during the match I could understand if the ref had missed it.

Thankfully he did'nt...or his assistant/s did'nt and quite rightly Goodwin was punished.

Only hope that he will be punished further as has previously been the case involving St Johnstone, however I doubt it!

• 2 months later...

It was indeed Mike, shaping up to be an excellent signing!  He came to us because he will play, as did Spittal, and Robertson who also came from the Spiders.  We have done very well over the last few years....Craig Conway, Danny Swanson, Paul Dixon, Scott Robertson all came from wee teams...... Charlie Telfer caught the eye on Saturday as well, the lower leagues are producing good prospects! ;)

If the compliance officer doesn`t look at it then Scottish football has big problems.

The guy is a thug on the field & can`t help himself even if everyone says you can`t meet a nicer guy off the field.

Part of me hopes he doesn`t get banned as he is a liability for Midden at centre back.

Used his elbow again in the match against Utd on Saturday!....highlighted by BBC Sportscene...let's hope the compliance officer takes action as Goodwin does not appear to be learning!

Did'nt take them long to cite Fraser Wright against Celtic when his elbow incident was less obvious!

Edited by Pelosi

Jim Goodwin is the most fouled on player in Premier League history. Fact.

Oh, that's okay then. He should be allowed to needlessly elbow people in the face, short-arm them in the back of the head etc etc.

In fact, maybe he should be allowed to carry a baseball bat during games

Edited by Edstar101

Jim Goodwin is the most fouled on player in Premier League history. Fact.

I'm not surprised, he singles out young/small players and assaults them with apparent impunity.  Senior players will always protect the younger ones in such circumstances. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-county-boss-derek-adams-2804018

It appears the SFA will wait until a nose or jaw is broken, and a player is out for months before ridding Scottish football of this thug, even then perhaps not!  How many times does he need to assault opponents before they will act?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/298183-jim-goodwin-offered-three-game-ban-over-elbow-on-dundee-united-player/