Wap Superstars V Ormond Saints Sun 23Rd Feb 2014

The ghost of Jim Morton

Game is a 1pm kick-off on the North Inch. Got a full squad ( infact so full I might not even have to play )

Just for you Captain..

Full squad for this Sundays game is as follows.
Brian Cooper, Roddy Gowrie, Lee Robertson, James Packer, Andy O'Brien, Andrew Whytock, Michael Dunbar, Paul Bullions, Gav Simpson, Alan Coastalsaint, Chris Stewart, Craig Oswald, David Kennedy, Derek Søreide, Gavin Fraser, Craig Paterson, Jamie Beatson, Gordon Muir, Ronnie Smith. Chris Robertson.  TBC Kevin Heller.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I'll be looking to make it three goals in three games against the Ormond Saints this weekend, hope you bear that in mind with your team selection gaffer ;)

What's the general fitness level of this crop of WAPpers BTW?!

I would say about the  same as normal ( pretty unfit mostly) :wink:

I'll be looking to make it three goals in three games against the Ormond Saints this weekend, hope you bear that in mind with your team selection gaffer ;)

What's the general fitness level of this crop of WAPpers BTW?!

I would say about the  same as normal ( pretty unfit mostly) :wink:

The average is bound to have went up a notch or two with my missing  :sad:

No surprise Ed wants to disassociate himself from this shambles.

I had to pull out and Ghostie has done a tremendous job of putting together a comprehensive squad at short notice

I will be all nervous tension on Sunday waiting to hear the result (I am presuming the game isn't being streamed)

Right then, lets be having yee.. Venue now confirmed as St.Johns Campus Astro ( due to the cooncil not allowing us to play on the Inch; the chunts) Please be at the front door of St.Johns at 12.15pm.. Any withdrawls, please let me know ASAP. Cost will be £4 per person. Full squad as follows. Gordon Muir, Jamie Beatson, James Packer, Chris Robertson, Chris Stewart, Roddy Gowrie, Lee Robertson, Ronnie D Smith, Paul Bullions, Brian Cooper, Andy O'Brien, David Kennedy, Michael Dunbar, Craig Paterson, Gavin Fraser, Andrew Whytock, Alan (coastalsaint)

If I have missed anyone ,  please let me know..

Hearing a wee rumour that WAP won again, can anybody confirm  Yes WAP won 6-2.Tight first half which looked like ending 1-1 ended 2-1 to WAP with a disputed (by some anyway) goal.we(Ormond Saints  lost our keeper to injury after half an hour.WAP took control of the 2 half and deserved the win

A nice  win for the WAP superstars this afternoon on a very tricky astro surface at St.Johns Campus. Wap took the early  initiative making a couple of decent chances as well as, striking the post, having one disallowed for offside and  also  having a good penalty shout turned down, before finally  taking the lead.  Ormonds to their credit  then came back into the game and their pressure paid of with an equaliser. Game was heading towards H-T when WAP regained the lead with a slightly contentious goal. Contrary to the OS managers first  thoughts, the ball did indeed bounce high into the net, but the ref  seemed to have anticipated it was going out for a corner and  blew his whistle  as it went in. The goal was eventually given much to the consternation of OS and the  Superstars went in 2-1 up.

In the second half WAP pushed on  scoring  4 more with OS getting a contentious goal of their own when the ref  decided a ball had crossed the line  much to the annoyance of the Wappers.

It was a good game played in a good spirit and my thanks go to Gav for organising  it, to all the OS guys for their efforts, to Richard the ref ( who I am sure has had better days but hey, you need a ref) and finally to my boys who were magnificent to a man. They gave it  all their effort and were justly rewarded with the final score of 6-2 in favour of the WAP superstars.

For the record, the WAP goals came from  Whytock, Ronnie Smith (2), Chris Robertson and two OG's. Macho Hepburn got both the OS goals.

Well done all concerned and  we will see you all again in the not too distant future for  the next instalment..

Ghostie.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I would like to add my thanks to Edstar for not being involved this time and thus there was a modicum of organisation. This is quite surprising taking into account that Larkie and Ghostie were left to piece together, with neither quite being Bamber Gascoigne. Second I would like to thank Richard Collum, the twin of Willie Collum for his fantastic refeereing skills. The WeatherShield Wizard can be quite a moaning chunt but Richard, dont let that get you down. Lastly, I would like to request that this thread is moved to the chit-chat Forum since it has f*ck all to do with Saints. Many Thanks :wink:   

I would like to add my thanks to Edstar for not being involved this time and thus there was a modicum of organisation. This is quite surprising taking into account that Larkie and Ghostie were left to piece together, with neither quite being Bamber Gascoigne. Second I would like to thank Richard Collum, the twin of Willie Collum for his fantastic refeereing skills. The WeatherShield Wizard can be quite a moaning chunt but Richard, dont let that get you down. Lastly, I would like to request that this thread is moved to the chit-chat Forum since it has f*ck all to do with Saints. Many Thanks :wink:   

Whoh  there Sailor boy!Ive organised more  games of Football in a week than you have in yer puff!Go and take a **** to yourself with the Bamber Shite to

And i will do my best  to make sure the next installment  is all over saints Chat, now do me a favour and get away back to your rent boy!