St.johnstone V Ross County, Saturday Tea Time, 15/3/14

Dr Christmas Jones

Another one just in from game.  What a Jekyll and Hyde team we are this season.

That was awful, we had a make shift defence but I never thought it would be a complete lack of creativity that would cost us the game.  I hate to say it, but Ross County just look a better team than us; their midfield ran the game first half, defence solid and strikers looked decent.  The Anelka lookalike was a very useful player. 

This persistent long ball up the park doesn't work and yet we persevere with it.. Why??  Even if the players aren't told to do it, why isn't Tommy bollocking them from the sideline everytime we do it, to stop it happening??  Maclean does well in the air for his height but we never win a second ball and May doesn't head the ball.  Fair enough at the end with big Chris on obviously.

Ross County passed it through the midfield all first half and for a lot of the second, but for some reason our defenders will not play a short pass into central midfield, until Chris Millar was on when possibly County were sitting deeper anyway so more space.

Was O'Halloran injured?

This halftime run and shoot thing with the kids; its great they get onto the park to do it but do we have to get a running commentary of it??  Just read your announcements and then shut up and put some music on, its just irritating now.

And, finally, how pish is the tea at McDiarmid??  Seriously, how hard is it to provide a cup of tea that tastes like tea, ****ing awful!! 

I'm finished now!

If it wasn't on the telly, I havent seen it this year. Apart ftom a goal against lower league team, what has Mcdonald offered exactly?

I'll pay for the taxi, don't care where to, but he can proper **** off right now.

Thief of a wage.

He was no worse than anyone else on the park today. Never in it from start to finish. I know I was

watching/squirming from my armchair but no pass marks today except for Mannus who was let down by everyone else.

That was probably the team I would have picked tonight but it didn't work out. Nige was posted missing & he and Croft were too wide leaving Dunne in the middle on his own. McDonald posted missing as usual.

How pish is Iwaloomoo.

Why was O'Haloren not brought on as it was crying out for someone to run at them.

Can anyone who watched the game on TV confirm whether or not the disallowed goal was a correct decision? As it stands, I'm absolutely seething.

Not that our general play merited anything more than what we got. Ross County were far from impressive, but they fully deserved the win. They were sharper and won the vast majority of 50/50 balls. I wouldn't be too bothered if our players had played poorly but at least put an ounce of effort in. The general attitude at times was absolutely embarrassing.

On the other hand, I think it's unfair to single out specific players for criticism. Everyone was awful today. 

The atmosphere was equally terrible. You wouldn't have thought that we're currently in a two-team battle for a top 6 place in the Scottish Premiership. This result will make next week's encounter with Hibs much more tense than it needed to be. With a win today, all we would have required next week was a draw. I appreciate the effort made with the drum, but it was a lost cause today. It works when there is already a bit of atmosphere to work with. As it was, the drum was the only thing you could hear. It would also be useful if somebody with a sense of rhythm took charge of it.

Finally, I was disappointed with the reaction of a section of the support when Chris Millar came on. Not a great confidence boost for the lad, who actually played with a bit of energy when introduced. A poor day all-round.

This halftime run and shoot thing with the kids; its

great they get onto the park to do it but do we have to get a running commentary of it??  Just read your announcements and then shut up and put some music on, its just irritating now.

Misery!!!! This happens at many grounds that I have been to. The kids enjoy the attention and it would have

brightened up what went before and afterwards!!!!

Saints didn't start well and never recovered from that. Hugely frustrating and disappointing after picking up great wins over Motherwell and United and playing well at Pittodrie.

Would like to see us not panic so much when we go a goal down. Spent the whole second half trying to force everything rather than trying to take some level of control over the match. Generally far too many elements of our game, notably passing the ball, were poor though. One player exempt from criticism would be Steven Anderson, who seemed to be defending single-handedly in the second half. Although Saints deserved nothing from the game, it would have been fitting if he had been the player to dig us out of hole.

Well as poor a team performance as I can remember from the 14 outfield players who played tonight, every one looked of the pace and couldna pass on the cold today, yet we missed two sitters with headers from Cup-tie and Ando, Think County had one shot on target and scored, we had at least 5 good chances and none went for us at all, a total piss poor Saturday evening spoiled I am afraid. Also I do not think county was that good today we were absolutely gash,    

I thought the boos were for Dunne going off more than for Midge coming on?

I assumed the boos were because Millar was coming on and we would therefore be witness to the much-maligned M&M partnership in the middle, rather than it simply being because James Dunne was removed. I'm probably wrong though. My general seethe has maybe clouded my judgement here.

Just back down the road from that excuse of a performance and if its not bad enough going to a game that kicks of at stupid o'clock on a Saturday we get outplayed in every yard of the pitch by messers Britain and Co.Say what you like about that particular individual but he ran that show from start to finish without question.I would have gladly swapped the two black lads they had up front for any of our 10 out field players,the pair of them worked their socks off and chased down every ball thrown towards them not to mention showing a lot of nice touches aswell,they put the fear of god in our defence.

Total desperation when Mannus went up for the late corner,too little to late by then.

Performances like todays honestly has me questioning how many more games I will shell out on going to at this time of the season.Oh and hears the biggy,that drum was getting right on my wick.

I make no apologies this post could have been a lot more negative.