Jimmy Mcliesh

THE LARK SAINT

Sad news indeed.

I spoke with Jimmy a couple of weeks after the cup win when he was out with his family in the town centre. He was frail and more softly spoken than previously but when I started to speak to him about the cup win, his eyes lit up. He told me that  SB and Roddy had been up to visit him prior to the final which meant the world to him. He also told me about HIS cup final day where he watched the game in the nursing home. He told me off the fright he gave the nurses when Ando scored. He said he just went daft and started roaring, at which point they came running through thinking he had perhaps fallen out of his wheelchair. And when McLean scored the second he knew the cup was ours. I am delighted that Jimmy got to see his beloved Saints finally lift a major trophy. I could see just how much it meant to him. I do believe they also took the cup up for him to see.  I glad he got to see it.

RIP Jimmy. :cry: 

Sad news indeed.

I spoke with Jimmy a couple of weeks after the cup win when he was out with his family in the town centre. He was frail and more softly spoken than previously but when I started to speak to him about the cup win, his eyes lit up. He told me that  SB and Roddy had been up to visit him prior to the final which meant the world to him. He also told me about HIS cup final day where he watched the game in the nursing home. He told me off the fright he gave the nurses when Ando scored. He said he just went daft and started roaring, at which point they came running through thinking he had perhaps fallen out of his wheelchair. And when McLean scored the second he knew the cup was ours. I am delighted that Jimmy got to see his beloved Saints finally lift a major trophy. I could see just how much it meant to him. I do believe they also took the cup up for him to see.  I glad he got to see it.

RIP Jimmy. :cry: 

Great that he got to see Saints cup win before he left us.

Been reading this and didnae hae a clue who the guy was until someone mentioned he was known as Friar Tuck.

Never had a drink wi' him but used tae drink in the same pub/club. Dunkeld Road, Tay Motel and if im no mistaken The Royal.

No seen him for years but a true saintee and from my experience a guardian of the clubs good name.

R.I.P. Friar Tuck or now that I ken better, Jimmy McLeish.

known jimmy since the muirton park days, all the boys called him friar tuck and he laughed it off, sad loss, R.I.P

Geez, started reading the thread not knowing exactly who Jimmy was. Very sad to find out it is "Friar Tuck". Sorry about our immature "digs": when we  were stupid young laddies on the bus. I know all of us had the greatest respect. A very sad lost to the Saints "family" :sad: